• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like the fact that the two 'Australian characters are both horrible looking.

At least there isn't a Crocodile Dundee stereotype I guess.

Junkrat is the greatest

I also highly enjoy the fact that both their names are Object+Animal

Junkrat is the greatest though. He has an unlockable line where he says 'happy birthday'. Why? I don't know but it's the greatest

YES
XBeSjvd.jpg

Great, just in time for E3.

Who will win Overwatch hero character of the year?

We all know it's Torbjörn, his turret will haunt your dreams.

Salarians

Junkrat is the greatest

I also highly enjoy the fact that both their names are Object+Animal

Junkrat is the greatest though. He has an unlockable line where he says 'happy birthday'. Why? I don't know but it's the greatest
I've heard him say "why so serious" so he's clearly not the greatest. Roadhog #1
Hope that didn't come across as super condescending, didn't meant it that way.
No, I totally get it.

BanGy.nz

Banned
You should have done what I did with SW4: Empires: enter John Cena and other WWE wrestlers as characters and bury any Japanese warrior foolish enough to stand in the way of Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect.
I laughed and now my throat is on fire and I'm pretty sure I'm about to cough up my lungs, I hate you and John Cena.

Fuck. I really want to play overwatch but it's hard to justify a $80 CAD purchase. I don't know it's legs on console (remember TF2 on PS3?) and blizzard stuff is never on sale.

Fuck. I really want to play overwatch but it's hard to justify a $80 CAD purchase. I don't know it's legs on console (remember TF2 on PS3?) and blizzard stuff is never on sale.

Oh yeah, TF2 on PS3. That did exist. That was port EA hired out for the Orange Box. Crazy. I forgot about that. As far as I know it didn't fair well on the 360 either.

Yep. Even after the final patch, Dustbowl was left completely broken. The vast majority of my time playing TF2 was on the 360 version. I do have fond memories of people hacking the game and bringing HL2 objects into 2Fort.

dustbowl was basically a race by red's medics to shoot the engineer up to the hole in the geometry so he can set up the turret where it can't be attacked

and it was beautiful

Salarians

dustbowl was basically a race by red's medics to shoot the engineer up to the hole in the geometry so he can set up the turret where it can't be attacked

and it was beautiful
The absolute worst thing though was allowing hosts to set limits on characters. It was extremely common for hosts playing as engineers to disallow spies completely, or spy hosts to not allow pyros. Such a pain trying to find a game without these limits being taken advantage of.

There was still a small community of people who kept playing the console version of TF2 for a really long time. I'm always fascinated by tiny little communities like that. IIRC I once stumbled upon people who were still playing the multiplayer demo for Medal of Honor Allied Assault years after that game had come out.

The absolute worst thing though was allowing hosts to set limits on characters. It was extremely common for hosts playing as engineers to disallow spies completely, or spy hosts to not allow pyros. Such a pain trying to find a game without these limits being taken advantage of.

Was that was something introduced way late into the game? I remember it, but I don't recall it being that much of a problem.

Salarians

I was just reminded of the nightmare chat room the Phantasy Star Universe demo became...

Was that was something introduced way late into the game? I remember it, but I don't recall it being that much of a problem.
It was added with what ended up being the final patch. Good idea in theory but it was easily abused. Forced one-class-only matches were occasionally fun.

TraBuch

Banned
There was still a small community of people who kept playing the console version of TF2 for a really long time. I'm always fascinated by tiny little communities like that. IIRC I once stumbled upon people who were still playing the multiplayer demo for Medal of Honor Allied Assault years after that game had come out.
I bet there are people still playing the Unreal Tournament demo. I spent more hours playing that demo online than I do most games.

daydream

Banned
i played the demos of the bad company games for a relatively long time

they only had like two maps tops but y'know

football only needs one map amirite

Strax

I think I played a game of Madden 2003 in 2009 or 2010 on PC. Got crushed.

i played the demos of the bad company games for a relatively long time

they only had like two maps tops but y'know

football only needs one map amirite

Since 2011 I just download the FIFA demos to play with my friends locally, its the only mode we care about.

def sim

blessing in disguise, in a way

it's nice to have a super vanilla version to fall back on, especially considering all of the shit that's happened to the game on PC

Yeah, I suppose I can see why people would like that. I remember several years after its release, someone made a thread here saying there is still a community on the 360 version playing some pure ass TF2. I wonder if those lunatics are still around.

I wonder if people still play the first three Call of Duty games and are really adamant that Modern Warfare is where it all went off the rails, man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom