• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bet not since they're the only two snipers in the game right now and it always pops "No sniper" on the character screen, encouraging people to pick them.

It's really stupid that it does that but then if you pick Symmetra as your lone support it's like 'ok that's fine!'

I bet not since they're the only two snipers in the game right now and it always pops "No sniper" on the character screen, encouraging people to pick them.

It's funny considering that McCree and Genji can actually snipe from far away due to the nature of their weapons.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kinda, except that you don't have to zoom in to be stupid accurate, high rate of fire and you can jump and strafe around with your tiny hitbox like an annoying pest which is pretty much how you play d.va anyway.

I'm fairly consistently using Mercy when a healer is needed. But when someone else has picked her, I might try and get better at just making life miserable for any snipers on the other team.

Fuck snipers!

yami4ct

I started messing with Final Fantasy XII IZJS since I finished up with XCX.

Yep, that's still a real weird game. The world of Ivalice is still damn cool and the general story seems pretty neat so far. I dig the art direction too. The one thing I'll say is that the character models have not aged near as well as FFX's.

On the negative end, the battle system feels so bland coming from Xenoblade X and the English VA is probably some of the worst I've heard in a decently modern SE game. Balthier is the only character I've met so far that sounds near decent and even he has some real odd line reads.

Joeku

Overwatch rocks cuz "it's high noon"

T-pain sucks cuz "fuck fuck fuck"

Games on twitch blow at 60fps.

Edit: Also he is keeping it real. Good on T-pain.

Joeku

T-Pain is literally making fun of Lucio:

"Aw, yeeaaaah, I'm a black guy! Aw yeahhh!"

"Aw, yeeeaaaaaaah, you know I'm black cuz I got dreadlocks!"

It's pretty entertaining.

Edit: Also "Aw, yeeeaaah, this is the remix right here!"

Edit2: after his comedy he blew a thick cloud of vape smoke. This is great!

Antiwhippy

I am super bad at playing D.Va and haven't found it fun yet, Lucio on the otherhand, is way too much fun.

Just find ways to be an annoying little shit.

That's how I play it and it seems to work!

Seriously, she's not so much a tank as much as a tanky disruptor. Boost to disrupt formations. Get people to focus on you so the other people in the team can pick them off. Everything about her mech mode is designed to annoy the shit out of the other team.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I don't even need Skate 4. Just give me a PC port of Skate 3 that modders can put the Skate 2 world in and add new levels and I'm good.

Jothel

Just find ways to be an annoying little shit.

That's how I play it and it seems to work!

Seriously, she's not so much a tank as much as a tanky disruptor. Boost to disrupt formations. Get people to focus on you so the other people in the team can pick them off. Everything about her mech mode is designed to annoy the shit out of the other team.

Also don't forget that she can just straight up erase projectiles. I think she can even eliminate some ults?

Cool I'll give it a go. I did manage to boost ult my mech and kill some people which was great. I guess I was just playing her too tank-y and just dying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mei is Queen Annoying Little Shit. Her POTG's should be like 7 minutes long because a quick kill fest doesn't cut it

Get hooked by Roadhog.
Ice Block.
Drop Ice wall to block my exit up the building from Roadhog and McRee
Come off the second floor, drop my ult. Freeze both. Headshot McRee. Damage Roadhog Get hooked.
Ice Block
At this point, their Mercy has come back to see what the fuck is going on with the Tank.
Ice wall between Mercy and Roadhog. Kill Mercy. FINALLY get killed 3 hooks later.

Keep in mind this is while the other 3 members of the team, who aren't tanks or healers are trying to push the payload.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
CjbHKhaUkAQycP0.jpg:large

Dan cosplaying as a 90s R&B singer

rrgwxAK.png

Cool I'll give it a go. I did manage to boost ult my mech and kill some people which was great. I guess I was just playing her too tank-y and just dying.

Yeah, she's more of a mobile tank. Hit and run tactics, basically. Charge in, catch them by surprise and then boost away before they can respond. She's also a decent turret counter because you can boost and hit her absorb thing to get right in their face.

Antiwhippy

I thought it was pretty controversial that giantbomb decided to use their goty for politics but they've gotta follow what they care about. Politics.

Jintor

I thought it was pretty controversial that giantbomb decided to use their goty for politics but they've gotta follow what they care about. Politics.

Is America's Education Minister a former pro wrestler?!? DIDN'T THINK SO! Dan should just become a nihonjin right this second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom