• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
D.Va's survivable because you can just punch out and run the fuck away as a last resort. I definitely think she's more of an offense character. that dash followed up by just dumping on people is sick

since I was playing on teams that a) didn't pick support chars and b) didn't support the support chars, i kind of just found myself throwing discord at the tanks and wiping them out by my lonesome as zennyata

it'll be interesting to see what happens when my friends who convinced me to buy this come online and we actually play as a team

Also got POTG with symmetra once, but the POTG was me getting a triple kill with turrets (which is THE BEST)... and then falling off a cliff.

Great times.

oddly enough, symmettra is the only support that i can get POTG consistently . Something o so satisfying zapping 4/6 of a team to death with your taser lol

I wonder if people would use real money on Salty Bet.

I know I would. Get a little drunk, start yelling at the anime fighters, good times.

D.Va's survivable because you can just punch out and run the fuck away as a last resort. I definitely think she's more of an offense character. that dash followed up by just dumping on people is sick

IIRC, you dash-cancel with attacks, so getting right up into someone's face with a punch followed by unloading your guns is pretty devastating. Given that she can fly at almost any angle, it's brutal.

daydream

Banned
yup. medic was the only thing that i enjoyed playing in TF2, it's kind of panning out (in 2 hours of playtime here) that it's what I enjoy in OW too.

but Junkrat is pretty good too IMO

it's kind of a miracle my five year old laptop even runs the game but i'm 100% SOL with offensive characters with my framerate

mercy's a totally feasible choice, though, due to to the lenient tracking of the health beam. good thing i enjoy playing as her, too. nailing your positioning and flying across the map to get out of dodge is good stuff

and, again, someone has to heal fools

V6Kzjms.png

Haha, looks like they're having tons of fun.

IIRC, you dash-cancel with attacks, so getting right up into someone's face with a punch followed by unloading your guns is pretty devastating. Given that she can fly at almost any angle, it's brutal.

You can, or by hitting shift again (and you can start it back up again if you hit it a third time, though it has to be immediate). Nothing better than rocketing at someone during their retreat and blasting them to hell against a wall. D.Va's the best.

But how do you choose in a DBZ vs DBZ match?

Height advantage, smaller sprites always. Always Piccolo too, dude usually has full screen range on his attacks.

You can, or by hitting shift again (and you can start it back up again if you hit it a third time, though it has to be immediate). Nothing better than rocketing at someone during their retreat and blasting them to hell against a wall. D.Va's the best.

D.Va would almost certainly be my main, maybe Roadhog because I love that hook.

yami4ct

It took me 10 hours to realize that there's no AI in FF12 beyond the Gambit system. It's not a way to guide existing AI, it's the way you build it from scratch. That's an interesting design choice. No wonder my allies never used any of their skills.

The fuck? Is Kinda Funny that popular?

Gotta use that shill money up some how.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Rewatching GB vs the Roller Coaster.

Good times

They should totally do a bowling episode.

It took me 10 hours to realize that there's no AI in FF12 beyond the Gambit system. It's not a way to guide existing AI, it's the way you build it from scratch. That's an interesting design choice. No wonder my allies never used any of their skills.

Gotta use that shill money up some how.

Yep, gotta set conditions for everything! Love it though, you can setup some awesome conditions

yami4ct

Yep, gotta set conditions for everything! Love it though, you can setup some awesome conditions

I prefer the Dragon Age/Tales system of giving you a bunch of conditions to set on an existing AI. The fact you have to build your condition slots and buy possible conditions is a bit too much hassle for me. I like customizable AI, though.

TraBuch

Banned
I feel like I remember setting up some sort of gambit combination that made this one really strong enemy that gave a lot of exp ridiculously easy and I somehow left the game on overnight and killed the enemy over and over while I slept, but there are no random encounters so I don't know how I could've done that so I think I'm totally misremembering things.

I prefer the Dragon Age/Tales system of giving you a bunch of conditions to set on an existing AI. The fact you have to build your condition slots and buy possible conditions is a bit too much hassle for me. I like customizable AI, though.

Yea I definitely can understand that. I'm the opposite I guess, I like being able to completely customize the AI

yami4ct

I only put 60 hours into TF2. Fun game, and the holiday events where great, but after I lost a good group, I quickly moved on.

Only put 39 hours into DOTA. I put 129 hours into League over a summer. That's a far scarier number to me. I'm so glad I broke free before I really got in.

Jintor

i understand wow has a commitment factor to it that feels different, I think... what with guilds and raids and all. All that TF2 time is made up of a bunch of 10 minute matches... well, theoretically anyway.

IIRC, Rooster Teeth are also involved in some way.

They actually had a pretty sizable crowd for Kinda Funny Live 1. You have to remember that Podcast Beyond had a large fanbase that followed Greg and Colin after they left IGN (many of which were already fans of the early days of pre-post-IGN Kinda Funny).

Bringing this back to Giant Bomb, this Monday, the first of the Jeff episodes of the Kinda Funny Gamescast are out (one everyday through Thursday). Those who support them at whatever tier it is (I think $10), can get the entire episode now. Also, Jeff is doing a 1 on 1 episode as part of their monthly exclusive Gamescast ($1 tier) episode for May. I think I'm more excited for the 1 on 1 episode.

V6Kzjms.png

Haha, looks like they're having tons of fun.

I assume that is Bianca. If so, is that the first time we've seen her?

Also, John Drake is there with Andrea Renee.

Talking about time spent, I have about over 6000 league of legends games(in total) and the average game time for that is 30 minutes.

Watching Vinnyvania, oh man so good.

Alex:So what's the gag?
Austin:Our friendship.

yami4ct

My longest game played is probably Monster Hunter. If you add 3 and 4 together, I put almost 400 hours in.

Fire Emblem Fates will likely end just under 300 as well by the time I play and wrap Revelation.

I'm having a hard time thinking of something I would hate more than having to assist to a Kinda Funny live show...

It's his fiancee btw, in case you didn't know.

I know.

Edit- There's also this.

FGhjao3.png

Little backstory, Colin and Greg do a (admittedly by them) terrible impression of Jack Tretton (former President of SCEA). So, I'm assuming this is a jokey thing. However, if they managed to actually somehow pull that off. Oh, man that's great.

Megasoum

Banned
I know.

Edit- There's also this.

FGhjao3.png

Little backstory, Colin and Greg do a (admittedly by them) terrible impression of Jack Tretton (former President of SCEA). So, I'm assuming this is a jokey thing. However, if they managed to actually somehow pull that off. Oh, man that's great.

I mean... They are basically working Sony PR so not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom