• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

tumblr_mhhyttCmLs1rj9ktho1_400.gif

yami4ct

Shenmue 3 is totally going to be the next Mighty No 9, isn't it? There's no chance that game has a smooth dev cycle and delivers the product the fans want with the budget it has. I'm going to be so sad for the fans that have waited for so many years when the final game disappoints.

Shenmue 3 is totally going to be the next Mighty No 9, isn't it? There's no chance that game has a smooth dev cycle and delivers the product the fans want with the budget it has. I'm going to be so sad for the fans that have waited for so many years when the final game disappoints.

At this point, anything in life could pull a DOOM so, we'll see.

robotrock

Banned

I fully expect Shenmue 3 to end up being serviceable. It's got some of that Sony funding (and oversight?). If the fans are expecting it to be what Shenmue was in 2000, that's unreasonable.

Compared to Mighty No.9 where I don't really know what happened.

yami4ct

At this point, anything in life could pull a DOOM so, we'll see.

I hope for the sake of the fans they pull it off.

I have zero interest in a Shenmue game at this point myself. If you were to make a good one of those, it would just be Yakuza, which I would still prefer. I don't even know what a Shemue that keeps that series' identity looks like in 2017+

I fully expect Shenmue 3 to end up being serviceable. It's got some of that Sony funding (and oversight?). If the fans are expecting it to be what Shenmue was in 2000, that's unreasonable.

Compared to Mighty No.9 where I don't really know what happened.

Isn't sony still claiming that they've only put money in for marketing and have no budgetary commitment or hand in the actual making of it? That was the claim and it makes the project sound more worrying than less.

robotrock

Banned
Isn't sony still claiming that they've only put money in for marketing and have no budgetary commitment or hand in the actual making of it? That was the claim and it makes the project sound more worrying than less.

If that's the case then yeaaaaah that's way more worrying. Ouch.

robotrock

Banned
Some of the moves made by the people running the Kickstarter have been super dumb. I kind of imagine if they had Sony guiding them, they wouldn't make such rookie mistakes.

The majority of the updates i see are just about how they're making it easier for slacker backers to get in on it. I also once saw an update where they addressed that people don't like the logo, and are looking into fixing it.

yami4ct

The majority of the updates i see are just about how they're making it easier for slacker backers to get in on it. I also once saw an update where they addressed that people don't like the logo, and are looking into fixing it.

This is the kickstarter campaign that ran a poll for current backers as to whether they should offer KS exclusive rewards to Slacker Backers and when the results where mostly 'Sure' or 'I don't care', they took that as overwhelming support to keep the rewards exclusive.

That's not a move you'd make if you even had a lick of community management/PR on your side.

Giant Bomb 23 | Stygian Abyss Downstairs

The first thing that popped into my head when reading this was Anarchy Online but I think the weapon in that game was called something slightly different. Kind of a nostalgia trip, I had a lot of really good times with that game ten years or so ago.

Jintor

welllllll i just went and bought overwatch and the 40 buck version US is... more than that aussie.

so i hope i enjoy it!

this has been today's slightly irrational purchasing decision

JonCha

Overwatch looks super fun but my only consideration is whether to play it on PC or PS4. I'm still thinking about building a new PC next month but I have the Uncharted Trilogy to finish and then want to play Uncharted 4. I have no doubt the community on PC will thrive and sustain but for consoles I wonder what the numbers will be like vs the PC community.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
welllllll i just went and bought overwatch and the 40 buck version US is... more than that aussie.

so i hope i enjoy it!

this has been today's slightly irrational purchasing decision

Wanna play? If people don't mind playing with an australian my battle.net tag is Antiwhippy#1354

popo

where I'd the hight talk coming from? UPF? Ryan was 5 foot something so I don't think it holds up. Plus Austin seems shorter than Alex.

FlipWizard#1950 on battle.net for some OverWatch fun. I'm usually around either early mornings or late evenings US eastern time.

where I'd the hight talk coming from? UPF? Ryan was 5 foot something so I don't think it holds up. Plus Austin seems shorter than Alex.

Pretty sure Austin is a perpetual sloucher, something I'm also guilty of especially when sitting.

Jothel

Played two matches in Overwatch earlier - one where everyone was Reinhardt and then one where everyone was Winston. It was a beautiful mess.

jaina

also has Hot Coldman always had that tag?
I know more about Mr. Hands than Lewis and Clark.

They are going to play through every single castlevania right?

Not just the 2D ones?
Vinny already said no to the 2D handheld ones multiple times. Unless we convince him otherwise, and show the technical feasibility, the series will always be incomplete.

Demo Derby and Game Tapes. The two best premium features on the site. Next we need commentary over old Electric Playground episodes. (Which was in the ep of UPF with Tim Turi.)
one day we'll succeed in making this a thing

Drew on Demo Derby about Monkey Island Special Edition said:
people with accents love these games
I <3 Drew.

Curufinwe

Some people just like to shit talk Shenmue at every opportunity. It has nothing to do with Mighty Number 9.

repeater

Guys, I caved in to hype (thanks Bombcast, Beastcast, Podquisition, USgamer podcast, et al) and ordered Overwatch. Played a handful of matches in the beta and enjoyed it, but had my worries about how much longevity it would have for me who's not huge on FPSes. Let's see how this goes!

Is there anyone in here well versed enough in stock proceedings/acquisitions that can help me understand some details regarding one company purchasing a major stake in another? I'll take it to PMs but I just want to get a sense of what these things actually mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom