• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you pitbull #neverforgetpitbull
2bSsGXD.png

Strax

Maybe I'm reading way too much into this but Colin from Kinda Funny seems like a dude thats doesn't know what he wants from a game.

In 10 mins he went from saying we need more story driven singe player games to asking for more gameplay focused games. Of course you can get both in some cases but how he went about this was strange.

Pure E3 conference stream first, then GB.

The E3 conferences are their own mix of hype, awkward, disappointment and occasional triumph. It needs to be savoured as its own thing while F5'ing forum threads for fan meltdowns.

Then I go back to them with GB commentary track

Good to know I'm not the only one. How's Game Tapes so far? Going to check it out later, been busy today.

I can't believe you guys are watching the pressers live without GB. The rare occasion when there's something interesting happening, it's always made better with the commentary.

hwy_61

Banned
I should ask for the 13th off. I've never got to watch it all live. I'm also considering going to that PlayStation event thing in Chicago.

Volotaire

I think I've watched every conference live since maybe, 2007 (think I missed a Konami here and an EA/Ubi there in the early years). I remember Gamespot used to award 'badges' on your profile for watching a live E3 conference on their page.

oti

Banned
Pure E3 conference stream first, then GB.

The E3 conferences are their own mix of hype, awkward, disappointment and occasional triumph. It needs to be savoured as its own thing while F5'ing forum threads for fan meltdowns.

Then I go back to them with GB commentary track

Exactly. I love GB and all but I love pure E3 more.

BTW: Are they gonna ban laptops this time around? Alex spoiling stuff off Twitter made me furious the other time.

It's silly to admit but the seconds and minutes delay on the Giantbomb stream is why I stick to the official streams. Seeing it all get wild on gaf and elsewhere in real time is fun.

jaina

The latest Vinnyvania is a good one. And now I'm close to the end, at the part were I thought your posts on Friday were jokes. Perfect for walking around and preparing food.

Myggen

I don't understand how you can't find new games being announced and shown off left, right and centre pretty damn exciting.

I only find games I care about exciting and there's rarely that many new games at press conferences, especially publisher specific conferences. The majority of the time is spent on showing new footage of already announced stuff, or old footage if you're Square, and people talking on stage. There's good moments, but with a few exceptions that's never the majority of any conference to me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It's silly to admit but the seconds and minutes delay on the Giantbomb stream is why I stick to the official streams. Seeing it all get wild on gaf and elsewhere in real time is fun.
When GAF is usually down through those big moments, I find little use being on here.

That's a decade plus of doin this on GAF.

I don't understand how you can't find new games being announced and shown off left, right and centre pretty damn exciting.

Samey looking, buzzwordy events rarely catch my interest. Plus there's all the games that are sequels I don't have interest in, or genres that I couldn't care about.

It's the new shit that also looks interesting that matters to me, like Horizon Zero Dawn last year.

The existence of new games by itself is not exciting in any way. It's only exciting if those games seem interesting, which definitely isn't the case for majority of the big publishers' lineup.

Meneses

Ideally I would prefer watching the raw press conferences first, but there's no way i'm doing that twice so I just opt for watching GB.

Liamc723

I only find games I care about exciting and there's rarely that many new games at press conferences, especially publisher specific conferences. The majority of the time is spent on showing new footage of already announced stuff, or old footage if you're Square, and people talking on stage. There's good moments, but with a few exceptions that's never the majority of any conference to me.

By watching the conferences, you could find a new game to care about. There's normally a pretty good balance between new games being announced and in-depth showing of an already announced game.

Now here's FIFA for 15 minutes!

And Mass Effect, Star Wars, Mirror's Edge, Titanfall, Battlefield, and new IPs take up the other 45 minutes!

Ow man I forgot to say this YES SP is still amazing and more relevant then EVER specially this season coming can't wait for all the trump segments.

That's why I don't like watching South Park much anymore. I'd rather have little to no references, all of my favourite episodes are completely self contained.

Myggen

By watching the conferences, you could find a new game to care about. There's normally a pretty good balance between new games being announced and in-depth showing of an already announced game.

And Mass Effect, Star Wars, Mirror's Edge, Titanfall, Battlefield, and new IPs take up the other 45 minutes!

What can I say, after following games for 15 or so years I've rarely seen a press conference that wasn't boring for the majority for me. Until GB started talking over them I had spent the last few years just reading the news and looking at the interesting trailers after the fact because conferences generally bore me to tears. That's all product press conferences btw, not just games.

JonCha

Yup! I think they mentioned it on last week`s Bombcast or something like that.

From the GB West side, I feel like only Dan is truly excited for new a Zelda. I feel like Jeff and Brad are waiting to be disappointed and making Zelda just open world won't be nearly enough for them.

Yeah I still get excited for E3 as well but when stuff is dumb, it's dumb which is why after watching it raw, I go look at GB's reactions on it so it's double the entertainment(for me). This will be a real weird one though with VR and new consoles so, it's going to be really interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom