• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the new update let you compare to equipped gear straight from the loot table off dead guys? This always felt like the most obvious missed UI feature to me.

New graphics card? There is a setting in the Nvidia Control Center to use the Full Output Range for RGB, if it's washed out, that setting could very well be the culprit if their gear is expecting that.

def sim

Watched the stream on mobile for a bit to see if it's actually washed out or not. It certainly looks like it.

Nvidia drivers default to limited color space. That's probably it?

Edit: oh Felix mentioned it

They bought a new card?

Hindl

I am afraid to go into the "Build a PC" thread due to too much lingo getting tossed my way, but now is a decent time to build a PC, right?

The 1070 is close, RAM is cheap.

What's the situation with CPUs?

Little late, but I'd suggest going into that thread. Everyone there is extremely helpful and patient, and they even have premade builds that tell you exactly what to get if it's too technical. Helped me put together my PC and I barely knew how to open one before this, let alone assemble it

Volotaire

Fully recommend the Build a PC thread, very helpful posters in there. With regards to CPU's, there is a refresh of the current 14nm architecture called Kaby Lake coming for late 2016. It will be a marginal leap because it will be the 3rd 14nm iteration.

JonCha

It's less that it's shaken up the genre and more that it applies Blizzard's design principles to it. Stuff like not surfacing a direct k/d ratio and only highlighting good play is a really interesting approach to take.

Overwatch isn't really shaking things up, it's just taking a lot of the ideas going around right now in terms of making competitive shooters friendlier and doing a really good job handling those features. Combine that with good character designs and Blizzard's innate popularity and it's not a surprise it took off.

A lot of what Overwatch is doing is a lot like what Splatoon did for Third-Person shooters. It's obviously not directly inspired by it, becasue it's been in development for a lot longer, but it's definitely where the genre is headed in general.

Good points here. I haven't actually played or watched a lot of the game so I'm kind of going on the buzz the game is getting, so my statement may have exaggerated a bit.

Coming from a Halo 2/3 background primarily, the non-emphasis on k/d and contributing the objective is a godsend. It completely changes the mentality of the game for everyone playing.

I've been considering picking it up on PC4 but it seems like the PC community is going to be the most active. I'll be interested to see if any of the GB crew stick with the game for a while given their admittance to always moving onto the next game.

Alex's snarky comments and pop cultural references are on point this time.

SM2Cfx7.png
His staring is on point as well.

Did you just watch the QL or play it for yourself? It's great.

Just the Quick Look, although I'm downloading it now. I was expecting some transcendent, psychadelic, overtly druggy kind of a thing.

I can't imagine that thing can still be that perversely beautiful after two years. I'd be surprised if it hadn't dried up.

I have one Broken Age and one Her Story Steam Key to give to Bomb GAF. One per person.

Post the name of the developer of the one you want and I will PM it to you.

yami4ct

I have one Broken Age and one Her Story Steam Key to give to Bomb GAF. One per person.

Post the name of the developer of the one you want and I will PM it to you.

I wouldn't mind messing around with Her Story. That game has always sounded real neat.

The dev is Sam Barlow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom