• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Huh. This like like the 5th ~2:30 bombcast in a row.

Assume thats a new target runtime for this stuff now that they are doing video.

That doesn't make much sense, no reason why they should reduce the runtime for video. It's more likely that this is just how long they've gone lately and we'll see longer episodes when they have more to talk about, as always.

Anyways, looking forward to the Bombcast tomorrow!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Some of these NPC accents in the Blood & Wine expansions are horrific, too close to the Sweeeedisssh politician accent of my homeland.

That doesn't make much sense, no reason why they should reduce the runtime for video. It's more likely that this is just how long they've gone lately and we'll see longer episodes when they have more to talk about, as always.

Anyways, looking forward to the Bombcast tomorrow!

They usually try to curb videos to around the 2 hour apart from special events. Easier to archive/less chance it fails they have said in the past.

Haven't finished a single piece of content in weeks. That plus E3 means I'm gonna have plenty to watch/listen to on my flight to Europe later this month.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy shit E3 is in two weeks! That means 5-day weekend+best Giant Bomb content of the year. It's seriously like Christmas for me, and I love Christmas.

Yeah took a day off so it's gonna be a nice relaxed day watch GB shoot the shit. Needed a day off anyway to take of a few things.

2857195-cp_witcher3bloodandwine_05312016.00_22_19_45.still001.jpg

The Witcher 3: Blood and Vin[o]

Let's take a stroll through the Witcher's latest De La Croix together.

yami4ct

People are finally realizing that the Play of the Game in Overwatch is pretty much bullshit? Cool. It's pretty much universally just a lucky ult.

yami4ct

I highly doubt Overwatch is cheating behind the scenes for Drama as Jeff suggested. If they did that, they'd kill their chance to be the big e-sport they want it to be.

Maps are designed to encourage that, though. Especially Payload maps. The last point is typically far easier to defend than the others, allowing for those swings.

I highly doubt Overwatch is cheating behind the scenes for Drama as Jeff suggested. If they did that, they'd kill their chance to be the big e-sport they want it to be.

Maps are designed to encourage that, though. Especially Payload maps. The last point is typically far easier to defend than the others, allowing for those swings.

Yeah. Not only that but the spawnpoints are 5 feet away for both teams usually.

hamchan

That's good game design from Blizzard.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's my only real Overwatch criticism,

you can't listen to music or podcasts while you play it because you need to hear everything

yami4ct

First impressions of Blood and Wine after like an hour or so:

1) Toussaint is gorgeous. Holy shit. Beautiful and different architecture and so much color.
2) Game engine improvements in the new areas definitely seem there. I feel a bit of a performance bump. Hopefully they can find a way to implement that in the old content as well.
3) Story is a bit more bland a start than Hearts of Stone. The previous one jumped off with a bang. This is much more basic Witcher stuff. I'm sure it'll branch out amazingly well from there.
4) Those accents. Hahahhahahaha.
5) New UI improvements are subtle, but nice additions.

I am having a bit of a bug where the game seems to be randomly inverting my controls every so often. The option doesn't change, but they are all of a sudden working the opposite of what they should. Switching the option fixes for a while. The problem stopped after like 20 minutes. Maybe I'm insane?

Yeah. Not only that but the spawnpoints are 5 feet away for both teams usually.

That's good game design from Blizzard.

Yep. Maps are really well designed overall. They encourage drama in a way that's predictable and fair, but still effective. That's just good design work. What Jeff was suggesting would be the opposite of that.

Here's my only real Overwatch criticism,

you can't listen to music or podcasts while you play it because you need to hear everything

Yeah, sound design is so damn important. And it's not a bad thing. It's really intuitive. You KNOW when something is near you or someones popping a skill or exactly where an opponent is. The sound design is phenomenal for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom