• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

With the leveling in OW being kind slow and getting duplicates I feel this game should've been $40 on PS4 and Xbox One. Its my only big gripe with the game.

As someone trying the headspace app to solve some anxiety/depression issues I loved the meditation talk on this weeks cast. Meditation is hard. Like, even when you're in a good mood your mind can wander and go "ooo my copy of overwatch dispatched yesterday I wonder if the post will come later". It's definitely something you need to build up to. Gonna get that book they talked about.

Curufinwe

Brad really should play Vanquish as a premium feature after E3. Four 2-hour sessions would be enough to get thru the whole game on Normal.

Or stretch it out by playing it on Hard and make it a Breaking Brad.

Myggen

Vanquish is probably the only main Platinum game I never liked. Being a huge fan of that company I tried to go back to it a few times, but something about that game just never clicked with me.

That and never liking Blade Runner are the two big pieces of entertainment that I really should like but don`t for some reason.

edit Dan`s reaction to the last email on this week`s Bombcast is amazing.

Salarians

I hate her so much.
tumblr_o4aracvakg1rszeigo4_400.jpg

Brad really should play Vanquish as a premium feature after E3. Four 2-hour sessions would be enough to get thru the whole game on Normal.

Or stretch it out by playing it on Hard and make it a Breaking Brad.

qyAeMmL.gif

Yes, please. Vanquish reminds me of Max Payne 3 in alot of ways. On the surface, it's just a typical TPS game with cover stuff but utilizing the game mechanics makes it so you'd probably take cover only a handful of times in those games.

I bet overwatch stays pure from a character/skin perspective

they'll let it infect everything else they have since it's all burning ruins right now anyway.

Maybe some a wow spray for legion release and the like but I would highly doubt that mccree will ever get a jimmy raynor skin

TraBuch

Banned
Will Bombcast fans like The HotSpot? Never noticed the This Year podcast dude made some HotSpot compilations until just now.

Meguro

Banned
Why are they making a Watch_Dogs 2.
Have they forgotten what Watch_Dogs 1 was like.
Have they forgotten Aiden Pearce, professional jackass?

Zaph

Why are they making a Watch_Dogs 2.
Have they forgotten what Watch_Dogs 1 was like.
Have they forgotten Aiden Pearce, professional jackass?
Change the main character and heavily polish all the game systems, and Ubisoft might be able to pull off another Assassin's Creed -> Assassin's Creed 2.

Catvoca

Banned
The Kinda Funny Podcast this week with Jeff is great. I feel like Colin takes a step back when Jeff is around, it makes the show way better.

yami4ct

So, I guess Dan Ryckert has convinced me to make two positive lifestyle changes.

The smaller one. Once I heard that Dan takes the time to floss, my brain finally went 'If this dummy can find the time to do it, so can I' and I finally got off my lazy ass and started flossing once a day. It's a silly way to get into that mindset, but hey, whatever works. Gums already feel way better and I get fewer tooth aches.

On the more major side, add me to the chorus of folks who finally tried meditation after hearing Drew and Dan talk about it this week. I've always believed that it works, but I've never taken the time to actually do it. After just 10 minutes, all of that terrible anxiety and depression related background noise just started melting away. I feel neutral for the first time in ages. I actually forgot what it was like not to have that stuff. I expected it to work, but not that well. Absolutely adding this to my daily routine. It's crazy to realize just how much energy that mental baggage was taking out of you.

So, somehow that dummy Dan is having a positive effect on me. I guess the internet can be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom