• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

The Old Games Show: 06/01/2016
Live Show - Tomorrow at 12:00 AM

That`s in 2 hours!

So, I guess Dan Ryckert has convinced me to make two positive lifestyle changes.

The smaller one. Once I heard that Dan takes the time to floss, my brain finally went 'If this dummy can find the time to do it, so can I' and I finally got off my lazy ass and started flossing once a day. It's a silly way to get into that mindset, but hey, whatever works. Gums already feel way better and I get fewer tooth aches.

On the more major side, add me to the chorus of folks who finally tried meditation after hearing Drew and Dan talk about it this week. I've always believed that it works, but I've never taken the time to actually do it. After just 10 minutes, all of that terrible anxiety and depression related background noise just started melting away. I feel neutral for the first time in ages. I actually forgot what it was like not to have that stuff. I expected it to work, but not that well. Absolutely adding this to my daily routine. It's crazy to realize just how much energy that mental baggage was taking out of you.

So, somehow that dummy Dan is having a positive effect on me. I guess the internet can be a good thing.

Good to hear! I have a feeling that Dan and Danny being so open about struggling with anxiety and depression is really helpful to a lot of people.

Yay
whsW0cp.gif

yami4ct

Good to hear! I have a feeling that Dan and Danny being so open about struggling with anxiety and depression is really helpful to a lot of people.

Absolutely. It's amazing how much hearing other people talk about that stuff can really help you deal with it. It was reading Jeff Green, Zoe Quinn and Christine Love's writing on their struggles with depression and anxiety that first made me realize that I had a problem and I needed to step back and get a handle on my brain.

Hearing Dan and Danny talk about it has made me realize how much of an ongoing process that is and have definitely help me find the tools that will help me the most and find out a way to incorporate those into my daily life.

Myggen

Absolutely. It's amazing how much hearing other people talk about that stuff can really help you deal with it. It was reading Jeff Green, Zoe Quinn and Christine Love's writing on their struggles with depression and anxiety that first made me realize that I had a problem and I needed to step back and get a handle on my brain.

Hearing Dan and Danny talk about it has made me realize how much of an ongoing process that is and have definitely help me find the tools that will help me the most and find out a way to incorporate those into my daily life.

Yeah, as someone who have struggled with anxiety my whole adult life I know that just hearing people talk about it and acknowledge that it`s a real issue that you shouldn`t be ashamed of is a really important step. This segment from the first Danswers episode about their experiences with mental health issues is legitimately great.

justjim89

Dan and Danny motivated me to start running and lose weight. Since August, I've lost 75 pounds, feel the best I've ever felt in my life. Meditation sounds nice, but I can never get my brain to shut up.

Also, who would have thought Jeff would be the better actor of the Hardy brothers?

yami4ct

Yeah, as someone who have struggled with anxiety my whole adult life I know that just hearing people talk about it and acknowledge that it`s a real issue that you shouldn`t be ashamed of is a really important step. This segment from the first Danswers episode about their experiences with mental health issues is legitimately great.

Reading Jeff Green's blogpost on his depression was super eye opening to me. It was this feeling of 'wow, even this seemingly awesome and super happy seeming dude struggles with this'. It really made me feel like not only was I not alone, I also had hope that I could cope with it.

SomberOwl

So considering how long the time was from when Watch_Dogs was announced to it's release, if WD2 is announced at E3 when do you think we'll see it? I doubt it will be as long, maybe even this year?

Watch_Dogs 2 could work. The first game fell flat but definitely can be made into something.

So considering how long the time was from when Watch_Dogs was announced to it's release, if WD2 is announced at E3 when do you think we'll see it? I doubt it will be as long, maybe even this year?

Watch_Dogs 2 could work. The first game fell flat but definitely can be made into something.

Considering Assassin's Creed isn't happening this fall, Watch_Dogs_2 seems likely for this fall.

mintyice

Wasn't there some fiscal call thing that said it's coming out this year?

pizzacat

Banned
Dan and Danny motivated me to start running and lose weight. Since August, I've lost 75 pounds, feel the best I've ever felt in my life. Meditation sounds nice, but I can never get my brain to shut up.

Also, who would have thought Jeff would be the better actor of the Hardy brothers?
Good on you, running has always been boring to me but I've always wanted to take it up because I just have low stamina all the times, I've even stopped lifting just to run on treadmill and been getting better.

But it's sooo boring ;~;

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'd love to run more but my allergies don't like me running. As soon as I have my own appartment I'll buy a treadmill so I can get some exercise done.
Wasn't there some fiscal call thing that said it's coming out this year?

They don't have AC this year, so they probably need it. Though maybe they hold it back so Vivendi won't eat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom