• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

The Hitman videos are my favorite GBWest videos in some time. Their inability to understand core concepts after so many hours of play would be infuriating if they weren't so funny. Brad throwing a coin directly at the waiter who was looking at him and then wondering why the guy wasn't distracted is just one example. I was laughing so hard at these idiots for trying so hard to steal a key when Brad STARTED the mission by deliberately taking the lock pick so they would have less problems with locked doors. Then once they steal the key Brad ends up using the lock pick any way. What a pair of bumbling fools. I get so much enjoyment out of these videos.

It's hilarious that the comment section is full of people whining about them playing the game poorly.

Hasney

It's hilarious that the comment section is full of people whining about them playing the game poorly.

I occasionally find myself getting frustrated that the missed something really obvious, but that's half the fun of it. I wouldn't want them to actually be good at the game!

Jintor

watching hitdan is like triple reverse schaudenfreude where I'm taking pleasure at my own pain at their stunning display of incompetence (and yet they still get it done)

kiguel182

The only moments I get frustrated is when Brad isn't doing something super obvious that Dan is telling him to do. Like just dropping the gun in that alley. Or standing at the door when Dan is telling him to move.

But them failing to play the game properly is why the series is fun so the rest doesn't bother me. It's what makes it special.

kiguel182

bao2VTJ.png

Why is half of this not on my schedule? What kind of conspiracy is this?

Myggen

Why is half of this not on my schedule? What kind of conspiracy is this?

They've added more stuff to the schedule since then, so some of that has been pushed off. The schedule on the site only displays 5 things at a time. The Hitman thing etc. will start to show up as the content today drops. If you want to have the entire schedule I recommend the Chrome extension Live Bomb.

At work right now and needing that GBeastcast real badly about now! Usually takes a few minutes after the top of the hour for the feed's to get updated?

kiguel182

They've added more stuff to the schedule since then, so some of that has been pushed off. The schedule on the site only displays 5 things at a time. The Hitman thing etc. will start to show up as the content today drops. If you want to have the entire schedule I recommend the Chrome extension Live Bomb.

Did not know that. But it makes sense. An option to view the entire schedule would be nice since I don't use Chrome.

But does the hurt feel good?

It's the best kind of hurt.

Sakwoff

Listened to the Kinda Funny thing with Jeff. It was good.

I think Kinda Funny in general is not for me though. The angle of "WE'RE CONSUMERS! WE CONSUME THINGS! CONSUMERISM HO! WE IDENTIFY WITH CORPORATIONS ON A PERSONAL LEVEL!" is pervasive in game culture in general, but they really embrace that to an extent that actually kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Dunno.

More power to them though. They're clearly good people and successful in what they do.

Houndi101

Worse thing about Kinda Funny was when I realized that they don't actually play anything on PCs.
That's an odd stance to take this day and age.

kiguel182

I tried to give Kinda Funny a chance but I just can't stand Colin. His whole attitude is annoying as hell even if he is a smart dude. Greg is a cool guy and the other dude most of the time doesn't say anything interesting.

And yeah, the whole "brands!" aspect of it is something I don't identify with. They have an entire podcast dedicated to Playstation for some reason. That says it all for me.

So they are neither funny or particularly insightful (except for Colin) and I don't identify with their attitude towards video-games. Terrible combination.

kiguel182

Being platform agnostic and just playing tons of different and weird games is part of the reason I love Giantbomb.

They love games. Not platforms or brands.

hamchan

I like Kinda Funny but they do seem like a "Pay us a bunch of money and we'll totally do marketing/endorsement for your big upcoming game" sort of group to me.

Xater

Being platform agnostic and just playing tons of different and weird games is part of the reason I love Giantbomb.

Exactly. I play all kinds of stuff myself, so I also want to see a wide variety of stuff covered. I want everything from big AAA to obscure Indie being covered. As long as it's interesting/fun show it to me.

valeo

that doesn't stop it hurting!

I think it's hilarious that they basically benny-hill their way through it and somehow succeed.

People complaining about how other people play games is basically becoming a cancer to 'lets play'-type videos. Why would you sit down and watch an hour long video, when you should know exactly what to expect by now, and go on a big rant about how they aren't play up to your standards?

I don't get it. Just go play it yourself the 'right way'?

It seems silly to have an affinity for any one platform in particular (especially if you're in journalism, but I guess Kinda Funny is more enthusiast than press). If you're that about video games, you go to where the games are.

Myggen

I'm more excited than I should be about GB's E3 coverage starting in about a week. Starting a week-long vacation that Monday only interrupted by a 3 hour long meeting on Tuesday, so I should be able to catch pretty much everything.

Good times.

Zaph

The real E3 struggle isn't finding the time off, but how long afterwards your sleeping pattern will be fucked up by the night shows. My EU bros can relate.

Xater

I'm more excited than I should be about GB's E3 coverage starting in about a week. Starting a week-long vacation that Monday only interrupted by a 3 hour long meeting on Tuesday, so I should be able to catch pretty much everything.

Good times.

Them talking over the conferences and then the podcasts are always a great time.

kiguel182

are you sure about that :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well, except for Jeff obviously. He hates video-games.

Exactly. I play all kinds of stuff myself, so I also want to see a wide variety of stuff covered. I want everything from big AAA to obscure Indie being covered. As long as it's interesting/fun show it to me.

Yup, I want to see everything interesting no matter the platform. Giant Bomb is fantastic with that. Even if I won't play everything GB has me covered.

Hell, GBEast with that Contradiction game was a great example of that. They played and covered the game in a fantastic way that I doubt many websites would. And they genuinely liked the game.

It seems silly to have an affinity for any one platform in particular (especially if you're in journalism, but I guess Kinda Funny is more enthusiast than press). If you're that about video games, you go to where the games are.

Yeah, I can't relate to that at all. I don't have a gaming PC because money but I have like 100 games on Steam that run on whatever PC I have. If a game is good I couldn't care less about the platform it is on. Separating things based on the hardware they run on is just weird to me. Games should be focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom