• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndi101

TT2A3FA.png

Dan?

Edit oh goddamnit it's one picture, you know which one I mean

I'm still not sure if it was done intentionally but the detached intellectualism of that article is fucking hilarious:

In "The Anthem," one of his many risqué tracks, Pitbull and frequent collaborator Lil Jon call out "dale" more than 25 times in between shouts of "get nasty, get freaky, you sexy, you fine." In "Toma," Pitbull is even more direct. "Let me see you act like an animal straight out the cage, baby. Dale," he implores.

In "The Anthem," one of his many risqué tracks, Pitbull and frequent collaborator Lil Jon call out "dale" more than 25 times in between shouts of "get nasty, get freaky, you sexy, you fine." In "Toma," Pitbull is even more direct. "Let me see you act like an animal straight out the cage, baby. Dale," he implores.

jesus christ where's the PMRC when you need them

open

"overwatch"

close

So while we are on the subject since Overwatch has dominated GB in a way unmatched by anything else

I really really like the Wolf Hanzo skin. I have this itching to hear the wolves from his ultimate, theres something about hearing howls in the distance as it fades away. Soo good.

imBask

Banned
O'Dwyer talking about how he likes the crowd funded videogame website, and doesn't seem to be against the "leaving Gamespot at some point" route

Geesh I could definitely not get behind the cultural Overwatch talk today. I get there needs to be some sensitivity for it and they need to get that stuff right, but expecting some kind of narrative explanation seems nuts. They're just skins and most just try to be themes that match the model type or general theme, thinking much beyond that just seems crazy. The origin themes seem like the only thing that would need explained just because they're labeled origin.

LiK

Geesh I could definitely not get behind the cultural Overwatch talk today. I get there needs to be some sensitivity for it and they need to get that stuff right, but expecting some kind of narrative explanation seems nuts. They're just skins and most just try to be themes that match the model type or general theme, thinking much beyond that just seems crazy. The origin themes seem like the only thing that would need explained just because they're labeled origin.

I think that emailer was too sensitive. It's def nothing to get worked up about.

I think that emailer was too sensitive. It's def nothing to get worked up about.

I can completely understand the sentiment, he just seemed to think they were being kind of cheap and being a little wrong. But going as far as expecting narrative explanation just seems like going a little far.

I can completely understand the sentiment, he just seemed to think they were being kind of cheap and being a little wrong. But going as far as expecting narrative explanation just seems like going a little far.

Eh, it's the basic principle of cultural appropriation: are you borrowing this shit to make your game a bit fruitier or does it actually have a relevant purpose? EXPECTING narrative explanation in the context of Overwatch's MP-only team shooter is probably silly in itself, but saying that's what you have to do in general is just being true to the principle of "back up your bullshit".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom