• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I was expecting something more whiny from the way some people talk about that email, but dude's spot on: its not great that an Egyptian character has these First Nations/American Indian skins, and its not great that the skins are a mismash of what looks "cool"

I agree with Vinny, the upgrade sound is pretty good.

EDIT - Vinny jokes about malls, but not much further in the game,
a huge mall gets blown the fuck up

(Or it might have happened just before this point, can't remember)

(Nah it hasn't happened yet. That'll be a fun moment.)

EDIT 2 - The blurryness is definitely not there for me on PC.

V89e80t.gif

735.gif

Oh hey Live QL. I'm actually very interested to see this thing. I hope they've played a bit of it already and can give impressions.

38TkV46.png

Chat.

I think we can all agree that at least the Australian characters in Overwatch are subtle and fair representatives of their country. Criminal psychopaths struggling to survive in the post apocalyptic landscape that is Australia.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
original mirror's edge looks way more than ok austin. It still looks great.

How are you liking the game from what you've played?
Posted some impressions in the Early Access thread.

The core traversal stuff is still great and fun. A bit more forgiving than the first game.

Some parts of combat are fun (launching yourself at enemies from a height or wallrun) but others are not (the hand to hand stuff).

The story is abysmal and the way the main missions cut up the open world stuff feels very forced.

I like the open world concept though and time trials, one of the secret best things about the first game, is smartly implemented here. The Criterion /Need For Speed leaderboard stuff is a perfect fit.

Environments are already more varied than the first game but it still has the Mirror's Edge style.

Haven't heard any new Solar Fields stuff that comes anywhere near the brilliance of his first soundtrack, but there might not be that much in it.

Bottom line though, I don't think people who didn't like the first game will enjoy this. The presentation and story isn't enough of a step-up to attract a different audience.

I'm real excited for this, it's satisfying the itch I had for a new ME. Waited too long for a sequel so of course I'm going to support this.

I really need to stay out of chat, the amount of negativity and just dumping on this game is ridiculous.

I think that's the fascinating thing about any game where people want a sequel. Once they make it, some people shit on it before even trying it. When it comes to Mirror's Edge, half of the fun and satisfaction is you pulling off some sick parkour moves so no amount of watching is going to have the same impact as when you're playing.

Liamc723

I think that's the fascinating thing about any game where people wanted a sequel. Once they made it, some people shit on it before even trying it. When it comes to Mirror's Edge, half of the fun and satisfaction is you pulling of some sick parkour moves so no amount of watching is going to have the same impact as when you're playing.

Yup, Alex isn't exactly the best Mirror's Edge player but what I'm seeing is everything I'd want from a sequel. I think it looks great.

I think Pharrah's alternate skins are sweet as hell

I think Zenyata's alternate skins are sweet as hell

I think this game is sweet as hell

I dunno

Catalyst seems very forgiving when it comes to being shot at. Are there difficulty options?
Not that I remember. The long meter is focus, built up by running and not asking a mistake while parkouring and the four notches are her actual health. Once depleted, *then* it degrades to FPS jam on the lens stuff.

EDIT - Alex is gonna skip the set piece I spoilered. Ah well!

I'm assuming you can actually use movement to your advantage in fighting scenarios instead of just standing there like a dumbass trying to dodge their hits.

Can you just run from people like in the first game?

I'm assuming you can actually use movement to your advantage in fighting scenarios instead of just standing there like a dumbass trying to dodge their hits.

Can you just run from people like in the first game?
Yeah the game encourages you to use your surroundings as a launch point and/or knock guys into.

You can skip some enemies, but there are mandatory fights. The second half of the story mission Alex started has you climbing up to a big supercomputer terminal with a bunch of lasers. Don't trip the lasers - no guys to fight. Trip the laser too many times...guys to fight.

Nope. Shes commenting about morality, not autism. Context clues etc. But symmetra isnt autistic.

Thought Blizz confirmed it? Also, I dunno:

"Sanjay has always said I was… different. Everyone has. Asking where I fit on the spectrum. It used to bother me. Because I knew it was true. It doesn’t bother me anymore. Because I can do things nobody else can do.”

It's at the very least implying it? Idk lots of autistic people have chimed in about the way she acts and her characterization fitting the bill.

Thought Blizz confirmed it? Also, I dunno:

"Sanjay has always said I was… different. Everyone has. Asking where I fit on the spectrum. It used to bother me. Because I knew it was true. It doesn’t bother me anymore. Because I can do things nobody else can do.”

It's at the very least implying it? Idk lots of autistic people have chimed in about the way she acts and her characterization fitting the bill.

Blizzard didnt and if you read the comic and the context of what she is saying, she is referring to what the company she belongs to is doing regarding their lawful evil practices. Shes questioning whether its the right thing. She belongs to a company thats kinda borg like in terms of going to a place and assimilating areas for "the greater good." Nothing to do with autism. As for how she acts, again the corporation shes part of has this Borg like slant that raises children to work for them, so when shes going through the Favela, of course shes going to be shocked at the noise and visuals of said Favela when shes accustomed to her corporations sleek, clean aesthetic. This was discoursed about in the other thread(beta thread I think?).

Yeah the game encourages you to use your surroundings as a launch point and/or knock guys into.

You can skip some enemies, but there are mandatory fights. The second half of the story mission Alex started has you climbing up to a big supercomputer terminal with a bunch of lasers. Don't trip the lasers - no guys to fight. Trip the laser too many times...guys to fight.

Cheers. Mandatory fights is a bit disappointing but sounds good otherwise.

Blizzard didnt and if you read the comic and the context of what she is saying, she is referring to what the company she belongs to is doing regarding their lawful evil practices. Shes questioning whether its the right thing. She belongs to a company thats kinda borg like in terms of going to a place and assimilating areas for "the greater good." Nothing to do with autism.

No, I know she's a morally gray character and that those lines are obviously also in reference to that, but "on the spectrum" is...very specific language, I guess? I dunno.

daydream

Banned
so was that the only beast stream for today?

also, i have a dungeon of the endless (crystal pack) as well as a cosmochoria steam key if anyone wants them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom