• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddified

Yeah the ending was great but after one hour of them playing hitman I had to just skip ahead I just couldn't sit and watch them do the same thing for the hour and a half left.

Am I crazy or does Mirror's Edge Catalyst look way, way slower than Mirror's Edge? Like her full speed doesn't even seem that much faster than walking.

Also combat looks fucking terrible.

KingKong

I really love the design feature of showing you every interactable object and exactly what you need to interact with it in Hitman, its such a clever way to convey information

BiggNife

Soldier 76 got shot up but she's more interested in engaging with her chat than helping.

You don't have to imagine

tumblr_o82e3ytAJ41r31hlfo1_1280.png

CkEW8lNXEAA9e7g.jpg:large

Doop

D.Va makes me realize that pretty soon we're going to have to deal with shitty parodies of twitch streamers in games.

jaina

I didn't realize there was a "(no) pineapple on pizza" Splatfest last December.

Obligatory positive Hitdan comment. Good enough to not play a game while it's running.

I watched a bit of the Kinda Funny video with Jeff in it where they talked about Kinda Funny following in the footsteps of GB and Rooster Teeth. It made me realize I know almost nothing about Rooster Teeth (outside of RvB), but I guess they have a similar model to GB premium.

What are the guys at Rooster Teeth known for currently? Don't they have multiple websites or something? (I think achievement hunter is them as well, maybe). I imagine that GB is known to most people for quicklooks and the bombcast, but I can't honestly name one thing that RT does, but they're obviously very popular. I wonder how much cross over there is between GB and RT fans.

TraBuch

Banned
I watched a bit of the Kinda Funny video with Jeff in it where they talked about Kinda Funny following in the footsteps of GB and Rooster Teeth. It made me realize I know almost nothing about Rooster Teeth (outside of RvB), but I guess they have a similar model to GB premium.

What are the guys at Rooster Teeth known for currently? Don't they have multiple websites or something? (I think achievement hunter is them as well, maybe). I imagine that GB is known to most people for quicklooks and the bombcast, but I can't honestly name one thing that RT does, but they're obviously very popular. I wonder how much cross over there is between GB and RT fans.
They became popular from that Red vs Blue Halo show thing, now they're popular for let's plays and another cartoon thing.

Oh, and they also crowdfunded an absolutely terrible movie. Laser Team or something like that.

So they haven't changed since the RvB days? Good to know.

They were much better then, even. Since they're Austin-based I've tried to find something to like in Rooster Teeth but I just can't. Insufferable personalities. If you recall they were the ones criticizing Jeff's Fallout 4 review whilst adorning pip boys and surrounded with Bethesda-provided Fallout swag.

Aren't they the ones with the wine and the cheese thing about Jeff?

Yep!

strafer

They became popular from that Red vs Blue Halo show thing, now they're popular for let's plays and another cartoon thing.

Oh, and they also crowdfunded an absolutely terrible movie. Laser Team or something like that.

That first season of Red Vs Blue was amazing.

Tucker and Caboose <3

kai3345

Banned

*full disclosure i work for rooster teeth*

i think the thing we're most known for these days is achievement hunter, and yeah we have a bunch of different branches similar to the old whiskey media days at gb.

as far as GB/RT fan crossover, i'm not sure how much there is. our demographics skew a little younger, but im sure there's at least *some* overlap. we do have a division called FunHaus who are a little more GB-like and target an older audience

Xater

They were much better then, even. Since they're Austin-based I've tried to find something to like in Rooster Teeth but I just can't. Insufferable personalities. If you recall they were the ones criticizing Jeff's Fallout 4 review whilst adorning pip boys and surrounded with Bethesda-provided Fallout swag.

I know that's them. I never even liked RvB. I admired their effort to use these games to make films, but the writing was always insufferable.

as far as GB/RT fan crossover, i'm not sure how much there is. our demographics skew a little younger, but im sure there's at least *some* overlap.

If I remember the survey results correctly their audience was mainly late 20s to early 30s.

Zaph

i think the thing we're most known for these days is achievement hunter, and yeah we have a bunch of different branches similar to the old whiskey media days at gb.

as far as GB/RT fan crossover, i'm not sure how much there is. our demographics skew a little younger, but im sure there's at least *some* overlap. we do have a division called FunHaus who are a little more GB-like and target an older audience

kai3345
Lives a sad life

just kidding, but it was so easy I couldn't help myself

Houndi101

Btw I talked about this earlier in the week and now having listened to the Kinda Funny podcast with Jeff, the fucking nerd pc gamers thing is definitely a joke.

Still think they should do PC gaming stuff but meh.

Xater

Btw I talked about this earlier in the week and now having listened to the Kinda Funny podcast with Jeff, the fucking nerd pc gamers thing is definitely a joke.

Still think they should do PC gaming stuff but meh.

Meh, they can do whatever they want in the end.

I personally feel between GB, SBF, GAF and who I follow on Twitter I get a pretty well rounded view of all kinds of games. So I am good.

I think I'm going to make the Overwatch dive this weekend. Is there a compelling reason for me to get the $60 version as opposed to the $40 one?

Do you want the bonus skins and items for other Blizzard games? If the answer is yes then get the $60 version. Otherwise go for the cheap one.

jaina

I don't want to join in on the generalizing negative comments about RT. I don't know them at all because I've been actively avoiding RT since I heard they did something with Halo.

The longer I go without buying Overwatch the more I feel kind of put off by everything related to Overwatch. And after the beta I thought I was buying that game day one. It's weird.

Salarians

I think I'm going to make the Overwatch dive this weekend. Is there a compelling reason for me to get the $60 version as opposed to the $40 one?
Do you like any of the extra costumes enough to pay $20 to get them? Do you want a bunch of little things for Blizzard's other games?

Actually, if you play HOTS, it's a pretty good option since the Tracer character for that game is $10 on its own.

Just went to roosterteeth.com and maannn... that website is all over the place! They're doing a drama show, they have cartoons, let's plays, merchandise out the ass! There's a PAX but just for RT stuff coming up also (I think). It's like a cross over between Netflix, Cracked, and twitch.tv, They even throw in a bit of Buzzfeed with their news section:

That's cool man, I can see why people would enjoy it if they've been following for a while. It's probably not my cup of tea, but they're obviously doing something right if you're having Blizzcon type meet ups...

RIP Whiskey Media World Tour

santeesioux

The longer I go without buying Overwatch the more I feel kind of put off by everything related to Overwatch. And after the beta I thought I was buying that game day one. It's weird.

I was all set to blind buy it but never did, now I'm in my "summer put a dent in my back log mode".

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh my god the end of that Hitman ep was so stupid and absolutely perfect

They haven't learned the game's mechanics

But they're learning their own

Megasoum

Banned
I feel like 90% of John Drake's tweets are him using his twitter klout to complain to companies.

He's slowly becoming Gary Whitta

Ok I now own Overwatch. If this disappoints I blame you people.

Feel free to add me, SleepyLesson on Battle.net. First time a service hasn't accommodated my username.

Megasoum

Banned
The fuck... I feel like they are like 30sec away from potentially completing the mission in Hitman and there's still almost 2h left on the video? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom