• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played Overwatch since Monday :/ Doesn't have much lasting appeal for me personally, I wish they had custom maps/modes whatever like TF2.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Ok I now own Overwatch. If this disappoints I blame you people.

Feel free to add me, SleepyLesson on Battle.net. First time a service hasn't accommodated my username.

You need to provide the number at the end of your name so people can add you, e.g. SleepyLesson#1234

Megasoum

Banned
To answer Dan's question... No we don't really have time to do that kind of dumb stuff in QA lol.

Sure if we happen to get a slow friday afternoon one day we'll start doing stupid stuff but generally we don't have time for that.

To answer Dan's question... No we don't really have time to do that kind of dumb stuff in QA lol.

Sure if we happen to get a slow friday afternoon one day we'll start doing stupid stuff but generally we don't have time for that.

I know someone who used to do QA for a company that did movie licensed GBA games and half his job was trying to jump through walls, etc. it sounded kind of awful

mintyice

BpvfwSw.png

Perfect

popo

I assume E3 is still a great place to network and make deals, so he might still be there depending on what his role is now.

Contrary to the stuff we see, E3 is still heavily about business deals and networking - so most likely if he's looking for a new position. Who knows if he'll show up on stream though.

He is/was a producer. Even if he stays with Disney, I don't think they will have him negociating licencing deals any time soon. I guess he could be working with EA or one of their partners. He also livesi n LA I believe, so he might just come and hang out.

The end of that Hitman video was amazing. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about in terms of not knowing the mechanics. It seems much less obvious in this compared to most games they play for an extended period like Kerbal, Persona, Chrono Trigger, MGS, etc.

Megasoum

Banned
QA is fun because of the camaraderie you build with your other QA folks. The job itself is a job.

Yup exactly. I started as a tester back in 2008 and loved it but moved to other positions within the QA team in 2010 and I'm happy to still work there without having to do actual testing. Like you said, it's a job. It can be fun at times but at the end of the day it's a serious job.

What's great is working with those people and working inside the industry. Seeing games and hardware years before the general public.

After almost ten years in the industry I still smile sometimes when I look at my outlook and see an email from someone using a @nintendo.com or @sony.com or @microsoft.com email...

Or you know... That one time I asked a question on the Sony dev forums and Mark Cerny replied with an answer 30minutes later.

It's the little things like those that make you go "Man... I have a fucking cool job".

He is/was a producer. Even if he stays with Disney, I don't think they will have him negociating licencing deals any time soon. I guess he could be working with EA or one of their partners. He also livesi n LA I believe, so he might just come and hang out.

I think they meant networking as him trying to find a new job, not new deals for Disney. Also... He's totally gonna end up in Boyes' team at Sony.

oti

Banned
Should I get the Ubi Humble Bundle for $15?

Games I'd get out of it:

- The Crew (although I just bought Forza Horizon 2)
- AC Rogue (haven't played 4 yet but heard good things about Rogue)
- AC Chronicles China
- Splinter Cell Blacklist (had it on an older Ubi account but I'm OK with buying it again for my new account, it's a good game)
- Rayman Origins (have it on ALL THE PLATFORMS but why not for Uplay as well)

I already own/have played the rest.

Zaph

Like I said, I think it's highly likely he's gonna move on from Disney soon. E3 is the perfect place to explore options.

Anjin M

I feel like 90% of John Drake's tweets are him using his twitter klout to complain to companies.

He's slowly becoming Gary Whitta
My wife tweeted about not knowing where a package was and UPS responded to ask her to email them for help. She freaked out a little because didn't know they did that.

The end of that Hitman video was amazing. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about in terms of not knowing the mechanics. It seems much less obvious in this compared to most games they play for an extended period like Kerbal, Persona, Chrono Trigger, MGS, etc.

I think it's mostly the fact that they never notice the trespassing marker or under the compromised stuff or really anything got to do with npc suspicion. They're slowly figuring out that people can see through a disguise when there's a dot over their head which isn't complicated and probably has been explained to them on Twitter a billion times.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. It's my favourite feature going right now because of their cluelessness.

ArjanN

? The mechanics are actually more obvious than most of those other games.

The tutortial also flat out explains them, but it's taken them about 10 hours of game time to understand what the dots over peoples heads mean, plus common sense stuff like people not being distracted by a coin they see you throw.

That said, it actually makes the videos funnier so it's not a big deal,

That's the fan-made PC remake, right? If so, yeah, he'd definitely prefer the controls. I don't know why, but I really like the look of Doom 64.

That's the one. Doom64 EX is faithful to the original, only on PC, and proper controls and options. There have been wads and whatnot in the past but EX is the best way to play Doom 64.

Should I get the Ubi Humble Bundle for $15?

Games I'd get out of it:

- The Crew (although I just bought Forza Horizon 2)
- AC Rogue (haven't played 4 yet but heard good things about Rogue)
- AC Chronicles China
- Splinter Cell Blacklist (had it on an older Ubi account but I'm OK with buying it again for my new account, it's a good game)
- Rayman Origins (have it on ALL THE PLATFORMS but why not for Uplay as well)

I already own/have played the rest.

The fact that they are 80% uPlay keys bothers me enough to never touch those bundles for the most part. I may end up getting the $1 trio as two are Steam keys and offering the Rayman key to BombGAF.

Also, The Crew is going to be free on Games With Gold at the midpoint of the month, so it might not be worth going for it here (if you have access to XBL Gold). If all my guessing is correct it might not be worth going $15 for just one extra game.

oti

Banned
The fact that they are 80% uPlay keys bothers me enough to never touch those bundles for the most part. I may end up getting the $1 trio as two are Steam keys and offering the Rayman key to BombGAF.

Also, The Crew is going to be free on Games With Gold at the midpoint of the month, so it might not be worth going for it here (if you have access to XBL Gold). If all my guessing is correct it might not be worth going $15 for just one extra game.

Don't have XBLG anymore, but Forza Horizon 2 is on its way and I can't wait to play that so buying another racing game isn't the best idea right now.

Ok, I'll skip this bundle.

JonCha

The fuck... I feel like they are like 30sec away from potentially completing the mission in Hitman and there's still almost 2h left on the video? lol

Yeah I felt this way too and eventually turned it off due to boredom. I may tune in but it was dragging a lot. I like Dan and Brad playing these episodes but when playing them for over an hour I think the routine gets pretty boring.

KingKong

Yeah I felt this way too and eventually turned it off due to boredom. I may tune in but it was dragging a lot. I like Dan and Brad playing these episode but when playing them for an hour and think the routine gets pretty boring.

I feel like at some point their fundamental misunderstanding of how anything in Hitman works goes from funny to just frustrating

Tubobutts

Yes Dan, the knife rotates when you throw it. The number of rotations depends on the distance. And throwing knives are usually weighted in some way.

Yes Dan, having a wrench thrown at your head would hurt.

MG310

Hitdan was beautiful. So happy Brad dropped the silenced pistol during the quick look.

Time to rewatch last year's press conference streams.

Ubisoft first.

Are the other ones actually steam keys or are they just steam keys that require you to run Uplay ala Far Cry?

Megasoum

Banned

I don't mind the fact that they are uPlay codes but the only game I don't have in that bundle that might interest me is AC Rogue and I'm not paying 15$ for that

TraBuch

Banned
Should I buy Saints Row 4? I played it for about an hour when it came out and while I enjoyed it, it also felt like a game I would probably get bored of relatively quickly.

yami4ct

Should I buy Saints Row 4? I played it for about an hour when it came out and while I enjoyed it, it also felt like a game I would probably get bored of relatively quickly.

It's a fun little game that I enjoyed my time with. Worth playing through the campaign at least. It's less impressive than SR3, but fun in its own right.

Just buy it on PC, obviously. Last gen console versions ran like complete ass. Not sure if the current gen ports were much better.

If you played Saints Row 3 you've played enough of Saints Row.

The intro to 4 is amazing, but once you're in the simulation it's just a little too much. 4 is just more 3 but with less reason to use vehicles.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I liked it as a "Run around and collect shit" game while listening to podcasts. It's alright. It might be a bit better than alright. I liked it more than SR3 though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom