• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
KFC can go die in a fire now that I have Popeye's available to me. Not that KFC ever had particularly appealing food in the first place of course.

We have fine fried chicken in Seattle.

Ezell's have a food truck right outside my work and it's a weekly stop on Fridays. Oprah approved.

And the KFC biscuit was OK.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
giphy.gif

No 30 Rock Fans...

oti

Banned
Do most people need it in 1080 anyway? I almost never full screen a giantbomb video.

Always full screen with Chromecast.

BTW: I upgraded to the Chromecast 2 yesterday and it's way faster. Didn't expect that at all and I'm pleasantly surprised.

yami4ct

I don't like biscuits in general. Too dry for me.

I also don't like gravy at all. I'd much prefer a mashed potato with herbs, butter, etc.

KFC's mashed potatoes are gross. They don't taste that fresh.

Their mac & cheese, potato wedges, and chicken in general are definitely good.

I don't like biscuits in general. Too dry for me.

I also don't like gravy at all. I'd much prefer a mashed potato with herbs, butter, etc.

KFC's mashed potatoes are gross. They don't taste that fresh.

Their mac & cheese, potato wedges, and chicken in general are definitely good.

Come on, gravy is the shit.

How about with some cheese curds and fries?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
All about their biscuits. I love their biscuits so much I wanna take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

Is that how the kids call it today?

I quit fast food after I got a chicken bone in my burrito at Taco Bell. I'm 6 months clean and I don't miss it. The only thing I miss is the convenience

I eat some fast food every now and than and everytime I do I think "Why did I do that? This tastes aweful" and than I'm back again in 2-3 weeks thinking "It can't be as bad as I remember it!"

I quit fast food after I got a chicken bone in my burrito at Taco Bell. I'm 6 months clean and I don't miss it. The only thing I miss is the convenience

yami4ct

Jeff Bakalar destroys everything he touches. First the...retro gaming console thing and now Allison Road

Making a PT-Like game at near that visual quality at any sort of significant scale would be near impossible for a small team. Not surprised it didn't go well.

A lot of what made PT work is how damn good it look. I kind of doubt KojiPro themselves could've made a Silent Hills that lived up to that. It's an insane task to make a game that looks like that that's much bigger than a few hallways.

Fantastapotamus

Making a PT-Like game at near that visual quality at any sort of significant scale would be near impossible for a small team. Not surprised it didn't go well.

A lot of what made PT work is how damn good it look. I kind of doubt KojiPro themselves could've made a Silent Hills that lived up to that. It's an insane task to make a game that looks like that that's much bigger than a few hallways.

Did they actually say that the game will look like the demo? I thought it was assumed by everybody that the full game won't look like this

yami4ct

Did they actually say that the game will look like the demo? I thought it was assumed by everybody that the full game won't look like this

I don't think it would've looked like that. There's a dearth of info on that project anyway, so who knows?

Which is, like I said, why I don't think Silent Hills had any hope of living up to the hype PT brought. If you look at what made PT new and different, it pretty much all comes down to visual quality. Nothing else about that demo is really all that clever or novel. It did a lot of things very well, but not really enough to generate the fervor around it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, one thing I liked about TF2 was I had some favorite servers I could just go to whenever and generally have a good time. Most the people there were competent enough for that.

But in Overwatch, queuing by myself leads to 2 Widowmakers, 1 Hanzo on offense. 3 Tracers and a Genji on Defense.

And I like to think 'oh people will get better' but going by pugs in World of Warcraft? No. No they won't. And I worry that's going to be the thing that kills the game for me.

Fantastapotamus

You know, one thing I liked about TF2 was I had some favorite servers I could just go to whenever and generally have a good time. Most the people there were competent enough for that.

Can't speak for Overwatch but that's why I didn't buy Overwatch.
Also TF2 is good cause you can just do dumb shit during a game and nobody will care or even notice. In Overwatch I would feel bad not doing anything cause every player feels vital.
I had a good time in TF2 sniping right next to an enemy sniper. Sometimes we would wink or throw piss at each other. I was always sad when he got killed. Fun...dumb times.

hamchan

Can't speak for Overwatch but that's why I didn't buy Overwatch.
Also TF2 is good cause you can just do dumb shit during a game and nobody will care or even notice. In Overwatch I would feel bad not doing anything cause every player feels vital.
I had a good time in TF2 sniping right next to an enemy sniper. Sometimes we would wink or throw piss at each other. I was always sad when he got killed. Fun...dumb times.

No one cares or notices in Overwatch too. Just do what you want.

Fantastapotamus

No one cares or notices in Overwatch too. Just do what you want.

During the beta people were constantly complaining about other how other people played and as far as I could tell those people didn't do anything particularly dumb. Maybe I just had some bad luck, I only played a couple of matches

kiguel182

Watched HitDan last night. It was so good. Probably the best feature they have right now. Can't wait for next months release.

Also, I want East to play it too! Their role playing coupled with Vinnys ability to break the game would be incredible.

Tubobutts

Watched HitDan last night. It was so good. Probably the best feature they have right now. Can't wait for next months release.

Also, I want East to play it too! Their role playing coupled with Vinnys ability to break the game would be incredible.
I like the idea someone had of East and West making contracts for each other.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Australian dudes are mostly ggs or chilled banter.

There's the occasional jackass but they are few and far between.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really don't know why Blizzard doesn't have some sort of good behavior matchmaking system.

Of every publisher, they need it the most

Fantastapotamus

If they actually attempted to play Hitman super professional it would be pretty boring. It's not that hard to get 5 stars in that game if you are patient enough. But that's not fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom