• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Periscope reminds me of when I met Lang. I was at BitBash in Chicago and he walks in.

"Oh shit, it's Dave Lang". I say

"What up, scrub?" he responds.

He asks what's interesting inside, and I say his company is publishing half the games in there, he should know, we chat for a bit, and he heads inside.

Chuck

Still without luck
Reading that other thread, I forgot to mention how glad I am that GB doesn't bend to hype machine the way some idiots criticize them for. I really can't imagine just wanting journalists to be point blank excited for everything at all times. Bleh.

I think Mighty No 9 is a perfect example of unfounded hype that only creates greater disappointment.
Shenmue 3 is undoubtedly going to go a similar route.

Reading that other thread, I forgot to mention how glad I am that GB doesn't bend to hype machine the way some idiots criticize them for. I really can't imagine just wanting journalists to be point blank excited for everything at all times. Bleh.

I think Mighty No 9 is a perfect example of unfounded hype that only creates greater disappointment.
Shenmue 3 is undoubtedly going to go the a similar route.

The post where someone said E3 is the time everyone is supposed to be blindly excited for marketing was when I closed the thread and never looked back.

LIVE on #Periscope
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1OwxWbVWjdpJQ

We are all Taco Bell losers.

Crap, I keep missing these...

I am at 98% completion in Shadow Complex remastered and these last puzzles are real basterds.

One box I got to speed run through but I just dont know how to do it. Ill find a way. I havent looked up any tips yet. But gosh I am close.

The post where someone said E3 is the time everyone is supposed to be blindly excited for marketing was when I closed the thread and never looked back.

or the guy who asked what the point of filming reactions is if you're not going to have big reactions

we really have just nurtured an entire generation of people who don't know how to react to anything that isn't shouting at full volume

mintyice

CkPIAmUUoAEylYO.jpg

Wheres the Total Warhammer quick look? I thought I heard them mention something about it, but I still havent seen it.

Or is it gonna be the new Project Beast or something?

Megasoum

Banned
Wheres the Total Warhammer quick look? I thought I heard them mention something about it, but I still havent seen it.

Or is it gonna be the new Project Beast or something?

GBEast just got a new desk, we need to give them time to settle in.

But seriously... The week before E3

Tubobutts

I still believe there will be a Total Warhammer quick look. Just like I still believe they'll do another Crusader Kings play date.

Careful you might have to censor that P****

DOATag

Neo Member
In the Quick Look for Wasted, Dan casually mentions to Brad about hitting things with crowbars.....so either were getting a new feature where Brad plays the old Halflife games (i hope not)......or they know something we dont (itshappening.gif)

mintyice

In the Quick Look for Wasted, Dan casually mentions to Brad about hitting things with crowbars.....so either were getting a new feature where Brad plays the old Halflife games (i hope not)......or they know something we dont (itshappening.gif)

Crowbar from the second half of the Hitdan video.

Megasoum

Banned

He's talking about the Hitman videos

Man, I watched that whole thing and it froze just as Lang's move toppled the Jenga tower. Bah! I wanted to see it happen live. I guess I'll have to see the Periscope replay.

Edit- Saw the archive. Yup. Very underwhelming.

Jintor

That's great.

Did the toilet actually kill the target? Looks like the objectives popped up before Brad triggered the bombs.

Yeah, dude was unconscious so it seems the porceline toilet alone killed every single guard it hit and then brad blew it all up just to be sure

Joeku

I haven't realized my hands were shaking after combat encounters in such a long time. Goddamn.

I'm taking my sweet ass time with it. I have so much fun with it, but I have zero desire to play more than one level at a time. Every level is so dense, I just have my fill after one. I just finished level...7?

That's fair. This shit is intense. I play games quickly and it took me four or five days to get through it.

"It's so dense, every single encounter has so many things going on."

Edit: 2016 has had such gems already. I wonder how the back half of the year is gonna stack up.

The expected:
Uncharted 4
XCOM 2
Dark Souls 3

The "probably is gonna be great":
Overwatch
The Witness
Firewatch
Stellaris

The "what the fuck, what? Where?":
HITMAN (so far)
DOOM
Ratchet & Clank
Stardew Valley

Doesn't fit into the above categories but I think it's pretty rad:
SUPERHOT
Enter the Gungeon
Hyper Light Drifter

yami4ct

Fire Emblem Fates is easily the best game released this year so far.

That's the only GOTY 2016 decision I've made as of now.

Joeku

Fire Emblem Fates is easily the best game released this year so far.

That's the only GOTY 2016 decision I've made as of now.

I really, truly wish I gave enough mind to portables to give a shit about new FE games and Bravely Default and whatnot.

I just don't have the time.

Jintor

game's shitty writing has killed my motivation despite it objectively being the best-designed fire emblem i've ever played

and i'm playing birthright widely considered the better of the three stories!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggh why nintendo why

Teddified

I've only played 4 new "games" that came out this year. I wonder if I'll get to 10 this year.

Witcher 3 Blood and Wine
Uncharted 4
Fallout 4 Far Harbor
Rise of the Tomb Raider PC

Even though it's DLC Witcher is probably my favorite followed by Uncharted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom