• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
http://jagex.wikia.com/wiki/Games_Domain_Castle

This is the thing you're thinking of, they have some links to short details on the individual games that were in it.

I remember playing this pretty extensively when I was younger.
Doing some research it looks like I discovered it through some Yahoo Games service or maybe in one of those chatrooms.

I really only knew what to search because I distinctly remember the Jagex logo at the start of playing it.

Jagex have been making Runescape for forever now, and their wikipedia page almost acts as if there was nothing notable before that time.

The dungeon crawling game was my favourite

Holy shit, I just noticed someone answered this. Thankyouthankyouthankyou! No idea how long I've been trying to remember this site.

The new Skylanders game?

No he obviously played the reboot of Crash that Sony has been teasing with all their shirts and that easter egg in Uncharted 4 don't you understand that Crash is the best platformer ever I need it stop teasing Sony it's really going to happen Crash is going to come back and this is the year that it's going to happen I'm going to jump on my seat and scream like the manchild that I am despite the game being 3 years out because that is what I do Crash is really coming back guys you don't understand

Zaph

Kael'thas was such a troll, so many things could happen in that fight. After weeks of working away at him, we get close to a kill and he mind controls a druid, gaining Leader of the Pack (5% crit) buff. He then crits and kills the main tank (something that should never happened if geared properly), wiping us.

Actually took us a moment to figure out what happened. We thought the tank's gear broke mid-fight or something.

*remembers H SH for boss unlocks as HPriest*

*cowers under desk*

When we were doing raid attunement runs in heroic SH, some specs were just terrible at beating the timer. I think our holy priest just went shadow and we used a shaman to heal.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Kael'thas was such a troll, so many things could happen in that fight. After weeks of working away at him, we get close to a kill and he mind controls a druid, gaining Leader of the Pack (5% crit) buff. He then crits and kills the main tank (something that should never happened if geared properly), wiping us.

Actually took us a moment to figure out what happened. We thought the tank's gear broke mid-fight or something.

When we were doing raid attunement runs in heroic SH, some specs were just terrible at beating the timer. I think our holy priest just went shadow and we used a shaman to heal.

Hilariously the guild I was with at the time had that EXACT wipe happen to us on Kael'thas. Druid MC, gets a crit buff and kills the MT. There was a lot of swearing on vent at the time. It was really cool fight though. All the legendary weapons and the awesome extra abilities. Was a really cool fight at the time.

Zaph

Hilariously the guild I was with at the time had that EXACT wipe happen to us on Kael'thas. Druid MC, gets a crit buff and kills the MT. There was a lot of swearing on vent at the time. It was really cool fight though. All the legendary weapons and the awesome extra abilities. Was a really cool fight at the time.

Was truly one of the best fights in the game. But between the intense coordination required, potential for random disasters, really long fight length, and very nasty trash mobs; Kael earned his reputation as a guild destroyer. Prior to the nerf, I don't think any guild really had that fight on farm status. Little did we know, a year later M'uru would make that fight look easy...

These hard fights were fun, but I wish Blizzard had found a way to prevent raid stacking. The necessity for very particular comps would destroy so many guilds.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Was truly one of the best fights in the game. But between the intense coordination required, potential for random disasters, really long fight length, and very nasty trash mobs; Kael earned his reputation as a guild destroyer. Prior to the nerf, I don't think any guild really had that fight on farm status. Little did we know, a year later M'uru would make that fight look easy...

These hard fights were fun, but I wish Blizzard had found a way to prevent raid stacking. The necessity for very particular comps would destroy so many guilds.

Yep all the class and gear requirements for Sunwell broke up our guild as Wrath hit. We never got past the first couple fights in there. It was fun to go back later as an 80 and "steamroll" through it even though it wasn't exactly easy. Much easier than at 70 but a lot of the instant kill abilites still instant killed and people wern't exactly on their toes all night haha.

We did some really good stuff around Kael though. What a fight. So many phases. Really intracate stuff. They sure didn't make them like that much after BC. Wrath even moved away from some of the really polarizing stuff from BC. The real crazy requirements for stuff like Warlocks and Mages really hurt the game around the end of BC.

Zaph

Yep all the class and gear requirements for Sunwell broke up our guild as Wrath hit. We never got past the first couple fights in there. It was fun to go back later as an 80 and "steamroll" through it even though it wasn't exactly easy. Much easier than at 70 but a lot of the instant kill abilites still instant killed and people wern't exactly on their toes all night haha.

We did some really good stuff around Kael though. What a fight. So many phases. Really intracate stuff. They sure didn't make them like that much after BC. Wrath even moved away from some of the really polarizing stuff from BC. The real crazy requirements for stuff like Warlocks and Mages really hurt the game around the end of BC.

Yeah, so many guilds would hit a wall and fall apart. Didn't help that further progressed guilds were always so aggressive with poaching members who got geared first (even we were even guilty of a that too). Homogenising a lot of the buffs and abilities post-TBC definitely helped, but it took some of the magic away from raiding. Instead I would have liked it better if the heroic raids had a minimum requirement of two of each class. Would force guilds to prioritise strategy over stacking.

Mimiron Heroic in WotLK was on par with the best fights, but it seemed to go downhill after that. A couple of my friends still raid, and it was disappointing to hear none of the newer expansions have come close to TBC's quality and quantity of raids.

TraBuch

Banned
How's that crow taste, Jeff Microgerstsoftmann? Supposed shitty selling Uncharted outsold your precious Overwatch. It fucking burns you up inside, doesn't it? DOESN'T IT?!

This TBC stream just reminds me that I spent far too much time rep grinding for those Netherwing Drakes, Nether Rays & Anzu's raven mount.

I miss Outland.

Jokes on you guys, those Netherwing Drakes looked like shit.

lqATqyK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom