• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Thanks, but damn just realised how much content was added this week. Last thing I watched was snuker - any other gems aside from that and hitdan?

IMO gems: HITMAN, if you don't hate wrestling Puroresu, UPF
also good to watch Master of Orion, Stellaris, Pang

Cptkrush

The Push Me, Pull You QL shows that GBeast is better at video games than GBWest.

I'm catching up on the UPF now. Watching Brad and Jeff struggle with the concept of teamwork and surface area power is painful. And the way Dan explains it is terrible haha.

"We're both pushing in the same direction" - no you aren't lol

So many people on PS4 dont seem to understand objectives in Overwatch and treat the game as if it were Team Deathmatch. It is pretty shittiy when you are foced to support a Tank on the opposite side of the map from the capture point... even worse I think some people think I am hurting them with my heal beam.

Hopefully this is just due to the openness of the Beta, and the actual game might have a more competent mass userbase.

So many people on PS4 dont seem to understand objectives in Overwatch and treat the game as if it were Team Deathmatch. It is pretty shittiy when you are foced to support a Tank on the opposite side of the map from the capture point... even worse I think some people think I am hurting them with my heal beam.

Hopefully this is just due to the openness of the Beta, and the actual game might have a more competent mass userbase.

It was better a few days ago before the beta went open, so it'll get filtered out when the game hits retail. Odds are people who are willing to drop money on the game will be a little more team-oriented (though only slightly, if online gaming experience tells me anything).

Strax

If I've played Dota (1) will I get this game from the first moment?

kingocfs

That's what Titanfall was like when it first came out, too. It eventually smoothed over.

That was the last FPS I actively played.

Cptkrush

aight aight, me and my friends have been looking for a new game to play together and we've all played TF2 and DOTA

It feels identical to TF2 with some abilities that are pretty rad and some interesting characters. There are zero moba elements unless you consider team makeup a moba element, but that's a thing with TF2 as well. You can have multiple people play the same character on the same team, and the objective is usually payload or king of the hill.

Zaph

Make sure to watch the Hitman video ASAP.
IMO gems: HITMAN, if you don't hate wrestling Puroresu, UPF
also good to watch Master of Orion, Stellaris, Pang

Awesome, hitdan is next and had no clue gbeast did a wrestling thing. Puroresu sounds like an air freshener

I cannot play Overwatch as anyone other than Mercy.

same. I just need my healing ghostbuster gun in all games

But i just keep getting one-shotted by what feels like everything. I think she needs some type of paladin-style bubble in addition to the charge (maybe every time you charge towards a teammate, it procs a 3 second bubble or something?). Then again, i've played like 10 games, so I still suck

pizzacat

Banned

Yeah people are idiots and I hate that too

Quick Look: Twilight Struggle

Who do that coup do that Austin and Drew do?

Quick Look: Push Me, Pull You

If you're into sports and body horror then this just might be the game for you

----

vMaXUv4.png

kiguel182

UPF just showed that Brad and Jeff cannot work together while Drew and Dan are clearly mentally linked. That many hours playing MGS with each other did something to the two of them.

So much conteeeeent.
I was cracking up on last weeks beastcast at jeffs casual use of the word content in a business fashion and the light ribbing the guys gave him about it, its not entertainment, its not a video, its not friends having a good time at work, its "conteeeent"

Gungeon is real good. Only played a half hour but damn son. I need to unlearn my BoI habit of getting around shots and remember the dodge roll.

Its so damn good! Gonna give you some tips(non-spoiler)
-never open brown chests with keys
-you can destroy chests
-always destroy brown chests
-sometimes an npc appears in the shop in a grated floor, you can sale things to him
-if you beat a boss without taking damage you get an item that gives you a heart container
-as you progress, shop prices get more expensive. Its usually best to stock up on keys in the 1st floor.

Enter the Gungeon is probably the game Ive spent the most time on this year on my PS4

Myggen

-you can destroy chests
-sometimes an npc appears in the shop in a grated floor, you can sale things to him
-if you beat a boss without taking damage you get an item that gives you a heart container
-as you progress, shop prices get more expensive. Its usually best to stock up on keys in the 1st floor.

Enter the Gungeon is probably the game Ive spent the most time on this year on my PS4

Yeah, it`s a really fun game.

Tagyhag

Is VRodeo that thing that they talked about on the podcast where they'll do a round up of new VR games?

Can' wait if true!

-you can destroy chests

Those are super good tips, didn't know about the brown chest thing. I'm making a bit of progress with each run, which always feels super nice. Unlocked the Breach shop just now.

Also I created a gun that shot anvils which I know is just scratching the surface of absurdity.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
On one hand, Hitman looks good

On the other, I feel like I get everything I need out of it by watching Brad and Dan fumble through it

KingKong

On one hand, Hitman looks good

On the other, I feel like I get everything I need out of it by watching Brad and Dan fumble through it

you really dont, they missed like half the map and a lot of the interesting situations

there's a whole church in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom