• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand UPF, and it informed me about Doom on the Rift, which is pretty fantastic.

Twilight Struggle was a really good QL. Honestly it felt a bit weird as a European hearing Drew and Austin talking about which political maneouver to take in around the world, generally outside of the U.S. and USSR itself.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
bwhahhahahaah omg maybe not brad worst face but its gotta be up there :D

NqEFKB1.png

Look at this fucking youtuber.

SilentRob

I'm not sure how i feel about them playing through the Hitman episodes at release. Dan himself says during the video that he probably won't play it himself since, well, he sees it all during this playthrough. And I think that's a valid point. I think Vinny was always pretty vehemently against Let's Plays of games that were just released, and this is basically what that is.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm not sure how i feel about them playing through the Hitman episodes at release. Dan himself says during the video that he probably won't play it himself since, well, he sees it all during this playthrough. And I think that's a valid point. I think Vinny was always pretty vehemently against Let's Plays of games that were just released, and this is basically what that is.

The game. The game has changed.

Myggen

They have softened on that stance a lot the last couple of years. The whole internet is releasing let's play videos just after release, so they don't really care that much about it anymore.

SilentRob

They have softened on that stance a lot the last couple of years. The whole internet is releasing let's play videos just after release, so they don't really care that much about it anymore.

Yeah, I think it was just Dan flat-out saying "Nah, I don't have to play it, this shows everything I need to see" that really rubbed me the wrong way.

is he also the only person on staff to have written and published a bunch of books? lol

Might look at that anxiety book one day though

Proof anybody can get "published" these days!

Yeah, I think it was just Dan flat-out saying "Nah, I don't have to play it, this shows everything I need to see" that really rubbed me the wrong way.

Didn't he say that in the QL, not the second premium video?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I love Dan, but he's an awful writer, having just finished UC4 and read his review of it.

It's a miracle this dude ever got hired for his games writing. GI's standards must be pretty low.

Also Hitman is probably the LEAST in danger of being spoiled by a video of any narrative game ever, because the sandbox is just so big and there's so much stuff in it. They showed like a third of the level in those 4 hours or whatever they did, and didn't complete any of the unique story "opportunities" as the game calls them, that lead to unique execution opportunities.

Myggen

I can understand that sentiment a lot more when you've actually participated like Dan has. The experience he's having is like watching a friend play a game and being an active part of guiding him. Not really feeling the need to play the game yourself afterwards is totally understandable to me. I''ve done that a couple of times myself.

pizzacat

Banned
is he also the only person on staff to have written and published a bunch of books? lol

Might look at that anxiety book one day though
Look out for Jeffs self published cook book, "I was holding onto this book not 30 minutes ago"

It's about making easy desserts in less than 30 minutes

Also Hitman is probably the LEAST in danger of being spoiled by a video of any narrative game ever, because the sandbox is just so big and there's so much stuff in it. They showed like a third of the level in those 4 hours or whatever they did, and didn't complete any of the unique story "opportunities" as the game calls them, that lead to unique execution opportunities.

This is why I think it's fine, too -- you can watch two hours of HItman and see maybe 5% of what that level has to offer. It's so damn deep.

not only that but a lot of publishers actively seek that kind of attention so there's not much reason to not do it.

daydream

Banned
twilight struggle seems nuts to me, i was playing yokai watch at the time but i was still trying to follow what was happening and i barely got the rules

kinda hoping for a gremlins, inc. quick look which looks much more interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom