• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know, I thought the 'this is better than samurai showdown' is the moment where they were revealed as frauds

yami4ct

You should try RoTK 7, 8, and especially 10! Each lets you play as a single officer instead of just a ruler, and 10 does an especially good job of making that interesting. Plus it has a really fun debate minigame, so, there's that.

I should've known there was a series that fit my requests, haha. Will give it a look. The setting has always been really fascinating to me, but the actual games that use that aren't to my tastes.

santeesioux

You should try RoTK 7, 8, and especially 10! Each lets you play as a single officer instead of just a ruler, and 10 does an especially good job of making that interesting. Plus it has a really fun debate minigame, so, there's that.

10 is amazing, I still get my ps2 out once in a while to go back to that game.

yami4ct

I learned what a curio is from Animal Crossing. Is Animal Crossing Lovecraftian horror?

Tom Nook is an immortal being that forces folks to take on such debt that he can claim their immortal soul and toy with them for all eternity.

His true form is so horrifying that the Villager's mind just can't comprehend it. The raccoon you see is just an image the mind creates to protect itself.

santeesioux

I should've known there was a series that fit my requests, haha. Will give it a look. The setting has always been really fascinating to me, but the actual games that use that aren't to my tastes.

The newest Romance of the Three Kingdoms is coming out in several months, and the recent Nobunaga's Ambition is pretty good too. Those strategy games are lowkey Koei's best games.

these fucking ranma truthers, man
Look man, I checked to see if there was another Ranma game that Jason was remembering, and found the entry for THIS game, and the wiki said there was a tech to land after being thrown, which Jason and Jeff both said didn't exist. I think that throws this entire sham of "science" out the window.

Look man, I checked to see if there was another Ranma game that Jason was remembering, and found the entry for THIS game, and the wiki said there was a tech to land after being thrown, which Jason and Jeff both said didn't exist. I think that throws this entire sham of "science" out the window.

whatever

they let anybody edit those wikis

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maybe giantbomb doesn't want their audiences to know that there's a tech to land.

I'm just asking the questions here.

Play control is simpler than most fighting games. Each of the SNES controller's buttons (plus the up arrow) could be assigned to activate one of four moves: jump, block, normal attack, and power attack. Different normal and power attacks could be triggered depending of a variety of factors, such as how far the attacker is from the opponent, if he is ducking, or if a directional arrow is pressed along with the attack button.

Instead of entering a series of directional movements and pressing an attack button to activate a special attack, most moves were done by holding the left, right, or down arrow in conjunction with an attack button for a few seconds and then releasing the attack button. The longer the attack button was held the stronger the attack would be. For instance, one of Ryoga's special attacks is the bandana throw. If held for several seconds he throws three bandanas instead of one. Many moves could also be executed while holding the block button.

Another feature of Hard Battle was the ability to recover from throws. By pressing an attack button after being thrown the character could attempt to land on his or her feet and take less damage. Unlike many fighting games, opponents never get stunned after being hit with powerful attacks or a combo.

We did NOT get the whole story. What is the Ranking of Fighters Committee hiding? Who's pulling the strings here!?

Gamers and Engineers for 1/2 Truth

Myggen

Look as someone who loves bad jokes, I know a bad joke when I see one.

fancymofoyvyvx.gif

Myggen

Going through my gif folder I remembered that someone made this gif during last year`s GOTY, which made me happy. That`s my story.

bradwatchtheworldburn9xrof.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm glad Push Me, Pull You had such a better impression on GBeast. What a stupid, fun game. I hope they play more of it.

My problem with these games is that I really don't know what the shelve life is like for them individually.

There really should be a compilation where you can randomise the various couch co-op/competitive games out there game by game.

Myggen

Can people here hear the noise from the A/C in their studio? I don`t hear it at all, but I guess I would if I watched their content with headphones or better speakers.

Tubobutts

Jeff would quit if Clash Royale was GOTY.
Dan would maneuver his way into being in charge of Giant Bomb and sell it to Vince McMahon.

but are you happy?

I believe I am satisfied

I was happier that I saved 5000 coins in Hearthstone to buy 50 packs when Old Gods launched. Opening 50 packs one after another made me feel alive.

All games should have cards. Cards fuel me!

Overwatch is missing out!

hamchan

I still have to go through Inuyasha but the lack of humour compared to Ranma makes it harder to go through the billion volumes and repetitive nature of Takahashi's stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom