• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is she played? From what I gathered it's a lot projectile deflection and strategic self-destructing?

She's more hit-and-run than the other tanks, thanks to her rocket jets and short range. You can't really go toe to toe with anyone for long, you have to blast in, blow people away, then kick on your deflector and fly off. This is probably why she was the overwhelming winner in a poll on the Overwatch subreddit for who needs the biggest buff: a lot of people see her labeled as a "tank" and then get pissed when they die so quickly.

Ended up using Junkrat last night for the first time and really liked him. Still using just a limited set of characters to not end up all confused constantly but mostly using Mei and Soldier lately.

Ended up using Junkrat last night for the first time and really liked him. Still using just a limited set of characters to not end up all confused constantly but mostly using Mei and Soldier lately.

The random heroes mode can be a fun way to leave your comfort zone, so long as you prepare yourself for the madness (and that winning/losing is more luck-based than the normal modes). I hadn't tried Zarya at all and after a round with her in that mode, she's one of my favorites.

jaina

I'm hesitant to watch the Uncharted QL, as the surprising and nice environments, and the banter is the interesting part of the game.
But I guess a scene that's good once is still good the second time?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really like how hitdan seems to have given the brad x dan pairing more chemistry that's starting to rub off onto their other content too.

The random heroes mode can be a fun way to leave your comfort zone, so long as you prepare yourself for the madness (and that winning/losing is more luck-based than the normal modes). I hadn't tried Zarya at all and after a round with her in that mode, she's one of my favorites.

I'm always hesitant with those kind of modes because they always make me think I'm the only one who has no clue what the fuck I'm doing. I know I'm mostly not, it's just an anxiety thing.

jaina

I really like how hitdan seems to have given the brad x dan pairing more chemistry that's starting to rub off onto their other content too.
Didn't Dandrew start off and warm up with the horror games?
But obviously, the first pieces of content with an experience to bond over is always the start.

pizzacat

Banned
He can be more annoying than Mei since he always escapes and has his trap.

Junkrat is no as annoying as a good sticky demoman but he's fucking infurariating and I was on fire a whole match with him

Speaking of Overwatch does anyone know if the matchmaking works in the way of if you're in a group it will match you against people in a group? Me and a couple friends who all suck played some last night and we were just constantly getting our asses kicked because it seemed like the other team was always having better teamwork. It was like hitting a brick wall suddenly playing people a lot better than you.

He can be more annoying than Mei since he always escapes and has his trap.

Junkrat is no as annoying as a good sticky demoman but he's fucking infurariating and I was on fire a whole match with him

I need to get a better hang of him, but I really liked the bounce back bomb. It was great when getting overrun and trying to get away.

I'm really loving Overwatch I just hope to see some more game modes. Seems like too heavy of a reliance on TF2 type of modes and I'd really like to see some attempts at some new stuff. Also get CTF in there somehow.

pizzacat

Banned
tbh they need a 5cp mode

Speaking of Overwatch does anyone know if the matchmaking works in the way of if you're in a group it will match you against people in a group? Me and a couple friends who all suck played some last night and we were just constantly getting our asses kicked because it seemed like the other team was always having better teamwork. It was like hitting a brick wall suddenly playing people a lot better than you.

I need to get a better hang of him, but I really liked the bounce back bomb. It was great when getting overrun and trying to get away.
I suggest going into shooting gallery and learning how to direct shots on moving targets. Once you learn that and good trap placements you're unstoppable

Dineren

Banned

I'm pretty sure it does try to match groups up if possible.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
D.Va and Zarya are where it's at. Also Bastion is fucking braindead OP and needs nerfs. For starters he shouldn't be able to turn 360 degrees in turret form, that shit is dumb. That and slower turn speed would do a lot I think.

I'm really loving Overwatch I just hope to see some more game modes. Seems like too heavy of a reliance on TF2 type of modes and I'd really like to see some attempts at some new stuff. Also get CTF in there somehow.

That's my one complaint as well. All of their modes are lifted straight-up from TF2 with minimal changes. Also, the modes they have can end super quickly if you're on a bad team (which, in a way, is almost merciful, but it's really really easy to get curbstomped compared to TF2).

pizzacat

Banned
D.Va and Zarya are where it's at. Also Bastion is fucking braindead OP and needs nerfs. For starters he shouldn't be able to turn 360 degrees in turret form, that shit is dumb. That and slower turn speed would do a lot I think.
He's brain dead for sure and so is reaper but I'm not thinking op.

I do agree with the 360 thing. He was meant to get hit from the back because his headshot area changes to the back during turret

That's my one complaint as well. All of their modes are lifted straight-up from TF2 with minimal changes. Also, the modes they have can end super quickly if you're on a bad team (which, in a way, is almost merciful, but it's really really easy to get curbstomped compared to TF2).

You're underestimating bad teams Vs good players in tf2

Yeah, the rounds make it even worse because if you suck on defense it's over fast. If you suck on offense you just get spawn camped for 10 minutes or whatever time it is.

All their game modes are just "there". It's boring either by design or map flow.

I think Hollywood is the worst map for Map Flow. It's fine in parts, but as a whole that map can be annoying as hell.

I hadn't even realised the Overwatch beta had been extended by an extra 24 hours, that's cool as I've been having way more fun than I was expecting.

Also, Symmetra is the best.

Okay, Mercy is super neat once you get the hang of flying around. You can just bounce all over the place.

Also the best thing in Overwatch is hearing "DIEEEE DI-*hurk*!" Fuck off Reaper.

Symmetra and Junkrat are the unsung heroes.
I just wish the modes and maps were better, not diving in at launch for now.

I think Junkrat is one of the few characters I haven't tried yet. It definitely feels like a good Symmetra or Junkrat can be a real bonus for a team.

Okay, Mercy is super neat once you get the hang of flying around. You can just bounce all over the place.

Also the best thing in Overwatch is hearing "DIEEEE DI-*hurk*!" Fuck off Reaper.

Using Road Hog's hook to grab and kill Reaper in the middle of his ultimate is soooo satisfying.

The only thing I feel it needs are more maps and maybe CTF

I feel like CTF would be really hard because of how many characters can fly and teleport.

I am pretty sure in those Gamespot making of videos Danny did, the devs said they tried to get CTF working and were unsuccessful.

I definitely think the game would benefit from another game mode or two, but I'm sure it'll come in due time.

And Junkrat is the best.

Salarians

I was going to list which Overwatch characters I enjoy playing as the most but then I realized it's almost the entire cast.

Reaper = trash btw

I feel like CTF would be really hard because of how many characters can fly and teleport.

If you do straight up CTF yeah it would probably be screwed, but I feel like it'd still be possible if they made it some kind of variant. It just requires them to actually try and the game modes don't really seem like it's a focus.

Instead of straight CTF what if it's almost like a CP but you need to get it from the enemy base and then need to get back to your base with it and keep it there while alive for so long so it needs to be guarded. If it drops it has a limited time it can be picked back up and continued but it can reset.

I feel like it can be played with to make it possible.

I was going to list which Overwatch characters I enjoy playing as the most but then I realized it's almost the entire cast.

Reaper = trash btw

This is mostly where I'm at. I think I enjoy Symmetra the most but there isn't really any character that I've disliked playing.

I really like Mei

Popping those walls up at crucial times and splitting squads is satisfying as fuck.

Mei might be the best all-purpose character in that game. The wall can be frustrating as hell and her offensive capabilities are way more lethal than you'd expect. Not many other characters can take her down 1v1.

Gurrry

Loving Overwatch. Day 1 purchase for me.

But last night, I decided to buy battleborn, and I actually really like it. I wanted a hero shooter to hold me over until OW releases, but these games are so different that I think there is room for both in my game schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom