• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
MPP!

M5PQAhO.png

!!!!!!!!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is VRodeo worth watching as someone who doesn't give a crap about VR but does care about shenanigans? Pls rate the shenanigan level on an easy to understand scale of your choosing

Myggen

Is VRodeo worth watching as someone who doesn't give a crap about VR but does care about shenanigans? Pls rate the shenanigan level on an easy to understand scale of your choosing

If you care about shenanigans I especially recommend that you watch the first 15 or so minutes that`s Jeff fucking around in the first game they show. Some quality Jeff fucking around with some random strangers on the internet action.

edit Site is up again.

LiK

their reactions are always worth it even for a game you don't give a shit about

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If you care about shenanigans I especially recommend that you watch the first 15 or so minutes that`s Jeff fucking around in the first game they show. Some quality Jeff fucking around with some random strangers on the internet action.

edit Site is up again.

I'm gonna make with the watching now the site is back up, but I'm disappointed neither of you have rated the level of shenanigans on an easy to understand scale of your choosing.

Myggen

I'm gonna make with the watching now the site is back up, but I'm disappointed neither of you have rated the level of shenanigans on an easy to understand scale of your choosing.

I`m not good with scales of my own choosing, sadly. Maybe 3 and a half out of 5 Vinny messing around in Second Life.

Tubobutts

I think VR is a dumb thing for bad people and I enjoyed it.
9 HitDans out of Brad Losing it.

Myggen

If ya`ll want episode descriptions of every Button Mashing episode, the guy who uploaded them to YT recently posted this on the GB forum

The original run of Button Mashing happened in 2004 and is covered in the first 6 episodes. Nearly two years later, they restarted the show and it would continue from 2006 to 2007. I have some other miscellaneous GS videos that I found, and I'll try to get those uploaded as well.

If you want to know some highlights of the Button Mashing Series:

The Intro EVERY EPISODE! - Pimp Rich Gallup, a young & naive Alex Navarro, Rapper Jeff Gertsmann, Ryan Davis doing a little dance, and of course Midnight Brown"

Pilot Episode A - featuring Brad "Burns" Shoemaker, Ryan Davis, Alex "Doesn't Age At All" Navarro, and Greg "SF2 God" Kasavin

Episode 1 - Tor Thorsen embarrassing himself and all of Mother-Russia

Episode 2 - Alex showing off his Mario Kart skills

Episode 3 - Jeff showing off his SF2 skills

Ep. 6 - Santa Rich Gallup, Greg Mueller, Matt "Might as well be a puppy" Rorie, and $25,000

Ep. 7 - The Double Dragon Showdown

Ep. 8 - The infamous "Gamer Girls" episode (I didn't actually have this one, so I've linked to another duder's YT video of it!)

Ep. 9 - Old GS users might recognize Andrew_A who wrote hardware reviews and cool blog posts, and Andrew Sheppard became a pretty big F2P mobile game executive

Ep. 10 - Greg, Jeff, and Ryan MacDonald face off - Jeff plays Blitz against Gamespot co-founder Vince Broady

Ep. 11 - Featuring Special Guest Jack Black - Homer Rabara was at GS until 2013, Justin Porter made the motion graphics for GS until 2012 (and now makes UI for EA :p), and Anthony Errisuriz made motion graphics for GS until 2010.

Ep. 12 - Dave Toister and Aaron "7.5 Good: Ratchet & Clank" Thomas

Ep. 13 - Ryan showing off his skills in some Dragon Ball game

Ep. 15 - Lark Anderson, who still works at CBSi.

Vinny joined GS and started editing the show around here, so many of the videos have some high quality "Vinny Edits" characteristics...

Ep. 16 - SEAN "the man, the myth, the legend" COONCE - Conor Egan also co-founded Slide to Play if I remember correctly.

Ep. 17 - Tyler Winegarner playing Ikaruga - featuring musicman Maxwell August Croy, and former GS regular Stanley Lin

Ep. 18 - Forum Posters Episode - Some of these guys/gals got picked up as actual staffers on GS for a while: Don Francis wrote reviews for a while and Carolyn Petit was at GS until recently

Ep. 19 - Brian Ekberg and Chris Watters are the two most familiar names in this one, but Joe Dodson wrote reviews on the site also.

Ep. 20 - Rich's last episode :( The audio's fucked, so I'll be fixing that...

Ep. 21 Vinny is the new host! Young Vinny with a full set of hair, but the same old black t-shirt. Shanker was a Sports Editor for a bit.

Ep. 22 The Final Episode... Brad, Ryan, and Alex reunite for the last episode. Ironically, the final Owned segment is a special preview of the four-person multiplayer of Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. The day after this video was posted, Jeff would be fired from GS for his review of the game. GameSpot would create another show called "Super Button Mashing," but I was already long gone from the site by then...

He also found a bunch of other obscure old Gamespot stuff on that old HDD that he`s gonna upload.

If ya`ll want episode descriptions of every Button Mashing episode, the guy who uploaded them to YT recently posted this on the GB forum

He also found a bunch of other obscure old Gamespot stuff on that old HDD that he`s gonna upload.

Shit, I didn't notice that the last episode had Kane & Lynch 2. Literally the day before Jeff was fired? Kind of nuts seeing that video now knowing what was in their near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom