• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
The point I was more trying to make in my original post wasn't that AW wasn't cool or that IS shouldn't give the series another go. I was more pointing out that that series always seemed more aimed at more causal strategy fans and IS has that market covered right now with their split FE release structure. I'd love for them to release a new AW, but I'm not sure if there's a place for it.

no, i got your point but as i explained, it's an entirely unfitting one, evidently so.

yami4ct

Uncharted 4 looks really good, but I have some weird mental block now with paying full price for a fairly short campaign shooter anymore. I've just been too spoiled by long great RPGs and shit. Might end up picking it up still, but I just don't have the urge I did when UC2 came out.

Maybe that means I should wait for a sale. I could just pop Xenoblade X back in and finish that to tide me over until ZTD hits.

Jintor

kinda lost steam for that tbh

probably will still buy it eventually though maybe not for months since there's not as strong a zeitgeist since the NAs already devoured it whole

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh I've kinda gotten out of the habit of following zeitgeists. I still will, but I'm fine with taking things at my own time.

I'm going to finally play the hot new game nier after I finish my dark souls 3 run in 20 years time.

yami4ct

And also so close to fire emblem fates.

SO CLOSE.

That Fire Emblem Fates SE is the the best ~$60 I ever spent (thank you Amazon prime discount!). So much amazing damn content. Conquest alone is worth that price, and while Birthright isn't nearly that good, it's still a fun game. Interested to check out Revelation sometime in the not too distant future.

Anjin M

I finally got around to watching the Persona 5 trailer. I had pretty low expectations based on the screenshots and gifs that have been floating around. But hot damn, that trailer is something else. It looks amazing in motion.

Haven't played a Persona game before so I'm looking forward to this one.

Jintor

I finally got around to watching the Persona 5 trailer. I had pretty low expectations based on the screenshots and gifs that have been floating around.

???

tho maybe my perspective is poisoned since i saw trailer first and then gifs/screenies

bjork

Dan: it might be weird if you look down in first-person and you have boobs

Jeff: Nah, I'm actually used to that by now

heheh

Anjin M

???

tho maybe my perspective is poisoned since i saw trailer first and then gifs/screenies

I don't know. The images/gifs looked like a real mess to me. I didn't really understand what was going on until I saw the trailer. That made it click for me.

You did it the right way around. :)

Dan: it might be weird if you look down in first-person and you have boobs

Jeff: Nah, I'm actually used to that by now

heheh

That was an amazing line.

oti

Banned
No we need to listen.

This reminds me of the one time they checked out Live on PlayStation and there was a father wanting to get himself drunk while his son and wife starred at the camera.

Tubobutts

Current Mario Party Party Wins Record:
Drew - 2
Dan - 2
Brad - 1
Jeff - 0

I hope Brad wins the next one so there is a three way tie for first and Jeff never wins any of them.

Current Mario Party Party Wins Record:
Drew - 2
Dan - 2
Brad - 1
Jeff - 0

I hope Brad wins the next one so there is a three way tie for first and Jeff never wins any of them.

By changing the spacing a bit, we can see that, from a certain point of view, Jeff is already winning.

Jeff 0
Brad -1
Dan -2
Drew -2

hamchan

Playing Uncharted 4 I'm constantly thinking to myself "how the fuck did they do these visuals on the PS4 while having it remain super smooth".

Noaloha

I have a feeling that Stellaris would actually be a big hit with several of the crew, the ones who are susceptible to 'clicker' type games anyway. So much of Stellaris's addictive, I'm-not-quite-ready-to-close-the-game-down-yet gameplay stems from there always being half a dozen or so progress bars slowly filling up in order to make some important-feeling numbers get bigger. And when they fill up, what happens? You get to choose some different, also useful bars to fill up! It's a real hour-devourer.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Also I want to say that I really want to see the Drew vs Austin Twilight Struggle match, game seems pretty cool. I know I'm a bit late but my internet is on strike right now.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Do what I did: Buy a house.

Suddenly all your time and money will be gone and you won't have to worry about it.

Alternatively: Get a child.
You get to worry about a whole bunch of new things while simultaneously being out of money and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom