• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
I'd love to see the context of that.

5bc84c2797.jpg

reputable outlet, I'm sure.

justjim89

Random aside:

I know we all love the Mcelroy brothers, but their podcast ad breaks last way too damn long.

I mean, if people paid Giant Bomb $100 a pop to read out happy birthday's and shitty inside jokes every episode, GB's would be longer too.

MaxFun really runs a hell of a racket.

5bc84c2797.jpg

reputable outlet, I'm sure.

Even if I played a game and truly believed it was the best game I've ever played, I would never ever put that in a review let alone as the title.

I mean, if people paid Giant Bomb $100 a pop to read out happy birthday's and shitty inside jokes every episode, GB's would be longer too.

MaxFun really runs a hell of a racket.

I find it unbelievable that any podcast on that network is successful other than MBMBaM and Adventure Zone. Every time I hear one of the commercials for another MaxFun show it sounds like the worst fucking thing.

Joeku

So this is supposed to be pretty standalone in terms of story, right? I sort of fell off Witcher 3 around what I think is halfway through and would love a more compact (yes, 30 hours is compact) version of that. Then I could hopefully finish the damn thing.

I need to learn to let go of old quests.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Despite being down on many parts of The Witcher 3, absence has made the heart grow fonder. The world and characters and story are all so good, I can't wait to get more of it. It's trite but if ever a game was more than the sum of its parts, Witcher 3 is it.

KingKong

Despite being down on many parts of The Witcher 3, absence has made the heart grow fonder. The world and characters and story are all so good, I can't wait to get more of it. It's trite but if ever a game was more than the sum of its parts, Witcher 3 is it.

yeah that's how I feel, pretty much every individual part except story and graphics is mediocre but I just keep thinking about all the great moments that I had in the game

Megasoum

Banned

I really wish I could enjoy The Witcher more... I played something like 15hours and liked what I seen but never really got hooked.

It's bumming me out too cause the game looks like a ton of fun and it's super long but I dunno why... I just can't get into it.

Same thing happened with Fallout 4 too.

To be fair the Adventure Zone and MBMBaM commercials are trash as well.

The ads for 'Getting Curious' blow my mind in their terribleness, though I even like the Adventure Zone ad.

The Flop House has a pretty bad advertisement too, but I fucking LOVE that show. I was super skeptical, but once it gets going, it's a runaway train of greatness. I didn't realize that two of the guys on it wrote for the Daily Show (and one was head writer).

The ads for 'Getting Curious' blow my mind in their terribleness, though I even like the Adventure Zone ad.

The Flop House has a pretty bad advertisement too, but I fucking LOVE that show. I was super skeptical, but once it gets going, it's a runaway train of greatness. I didn't realize that two of the guys on it wrote for the Daily Show (and one was head writer).

Wow, no shit? I think the "sick buuuurrrrn" in the Flophouse commercial put me off so viscerally that I could never bring myself to listen.

Gamestop couldnt honour my Uncharted 4 online pre order due to stock but they offered me €20 off if I wait for it till the end of the week.

I needed a few extra days to finish Dark Souls 3 so this is perfect.

Wow, no shit? I think the "sick buuuurrrrn" in the Flophouse commercial put me off so viscerally that I could never bring myself to listen.

Haha, yeah. I can hear it in my head and I hate it.

And the Flop House has some very rough edges, especially early on. Bad audio quality, one of the hosts at the start kind of sucks, and it's like 7 years old so it's not as verbally considerate as people are today. I don't know how it plays for people not way into movies, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

TraBuch

Banned
Gamestop couldnt honour my Uncharted 4 online pre order due to stock but they offered me €20 off if I wait for it till the end of the week.

I needed a few extra days to finish Dark Souls 3 so this is perfect.
Your Gamestop is having stock problems for such a big game? Huh.

Your Gamestop is having stock problems for such a big game? Huh.

To be fair it seems like Uncharted 4 will be huge.
And I put my pre order in on Sunday lol.
And I am not sure gamestop here really cares about their online store that much so I bet they didnt get a lot of stock for it. I just preferred to order online and not deal with people and if I ordered from Amzon UK I would be waiting until next week.

Haha, yeah. I can hear it in my head and I hate it.

And the Flop House has some very rough edges, especially early on. Bad audio quality, one of the hosts at the start kind of sucks, and it's like 7 years old so it's not as verbally considerate as people are today. I don't know how it plays for people not way into movies, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

See, I'm totally into movies but I'm not into liking bad movies ironically (unless it's MST3K) which is exactly what that show sounded like.

justjim89

I started listening to Bunker Buddies and it seems alright. Although he's the 3rd best McElroy, Travis is a good guy. It's like his version of Sawbones.

I think GB has spoiled me on podcast length, because it always bums me out when I'm listening to MBMBAM or The Comedy Button and things start getting really good at 40-45 minutes in, then realizing the show is almost over. Especially MBMBAM between their ad break and their 10 minutes of plugging at the end, it's really only a half hour show at best.

yami4ct

Anybody else hiffie for sun & mun? Looks funsies. Rowlet is adorbs.

Graphical changes look neat. New mons look cool as well. I'm just more interested right now in what the larger changes will be in a competitive sense and what the post game will be like. Most of that won't be apparent until well after the game comes out.

I started listening to Bunker Buddies and it seems alright. Although he's the 3rd best McElroy, Travis is a good guy. It's like his version of Sawbones.

I think GB has spoiled me on podcast length, because it always bums me out when I'm listening to MBMBAM or The Comedy Button and things start getting really good at 40-45 minutes in, then realizing the show is almost over. Especially MBMBAM between their ad break and their 10 minutes of plugging at the end, it's really only a half hour show at best.

I started listening to Rose Buddies despite never watching an episode of the Bachelor, it's good for another dose of Griffin, and his wife Rachel's pretty good on it too, though she plays it a little more straight. At present, Griffin is convinced that some of the contestants are automatons created by mad scientist Dr. Love.

Skip that shit.

Until they get extreme restraints back on aint nobody got time for dat

I mostly do, but sometimes they're so long I just zone out and forget that it's a commercial. I skip so much of podcasts.

Of 67 days and 3 hours of listening time in pocket casts I have skipped 2 days and 12 hours.

I mostly do, but sometimes they're so long I just zone out and forget that it's a commercial. I skip so much of podcasts.

Of 67 days and 3 hours of listening time in pocket casts I have skipped 2 days and 12 hours.

I didn't realize Pocket Casts had those stats! In 11 days, 4 hours of listening I've skipped 4 hours 39 minutes.

Also, you listen to a lot of podcasts.

pizzacat

Banned
That Fire Emblem Fates SE is the the best ~$60 I ever spent (thank you Amazon prime discount!). So much amazing damn content. Conquest alone is worth that price, and while Birthright isn't nearly that good, it's still a fun game. Interested to check out Revelation sometime in the not too distant future.
So is that ever going to get restocked? If not wooow

I didn't realize Pocket Casts had those stats! In 11 days, 4 hours of listening I've skipped 4 hours 39 minutes.

Also, you listen to a lot of podcasts.

I wish it showed how long I've been using pocket casts so I could tell you an average. I have a half hour commute and a 8 hour workday that I'm listening constantly. Then stuff like mowing grass or doing something menial I will listen. I pretty much constantly have people talking in my ears.

I wish it showed how long I've been using pocket casts so I could tell you an average. I have a half hour commute and a 8 hour workday that I'm listening constantly. Then stuff like mowing grass or doing something menial I will listen. I pretty much constantly have people talking in my ears.

Oh yeah that would certainly add up. My commute is ~1 hour total per day, and then I listen sporadically throughout the week. I stop being productive if I listen while at work (I can only listen or work, not both), so my desk time is mostly occupied with ASMR videos.

Oh yeah that would certainly add up. My commute is ~1 hour total per day, and then I listen sporadically throughout the week. I stop being productive if I listen while at work (I can only listen or work, not both), so my desk time is mostly occupied with ASMR videos.

If my job was any more than glorified proof reading with numbers I don't think I'd be able to listen to anything. I'm usually the same way and get flustered with too much noise, but my job is just too simplistic and boring to really be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom