• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the new Independence Day Collector's Edition Blu-Ray. It comes with a digital code, which I don't need (I got the digital version for free a while ago). Does anyone want the code?

Megasoum

Banned
Ooooooffff cooouurrseeee Dan

L4hHXhb.png

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Bad beer is a perfect metaphor for America, which is a bad country

Huh, TIL wrestling is technically charging for tickets to their shows illegally? Apparently it's an FCC rule that you can't charge people to attend recordings or airings of shows, but they skirt the rule by saying it's a sporting event.

This seems pretty shitty to me but at the same time there are worse instances of this type of thing happening.

Dan is right purely in the sense that they are really, unironically committing to this thing. Not only the name, but it's got E Pluribus Unum, the lyrics of the Star-Spangled Banner, and a whole lot of other American shit on there. And I know TONS of people like him who will eat it up.

There was a similar warning issued during one of the ATLUS live events and I remember a bunch of people got banned so the first few pages of the OT should be interesting.

that shit got a chuckle or two ten years ago but now it just fills every thread, it's fucking misery. hey you know that game you guys like so much, maybe stop grossing out other people who might be interested in buying it. it's ridiculous.

yami4ct

Thanks for the regular updates. I now know what to expect from Birthright/Conquest.

Yes

I did it just as much for myself so I could talk about how awesome that game is, haha. Just a note, those playtimes are a good chunk of me being terrible/too impatient. A good player or just a decent player could easily cut that in half or more.

I'll be checking out Revelation once I finish with Uncharted 4 here in a few days. From what I hear, it's between Birthright and Conquest, which is kind of what I need after having Conquest just beating the crap out of me. Should be a good cool down.

I'll repeat again that I have a digital code for Independence Day to give away (I already have it digitally). I'll DM the code to the first person that replies.

that shit got a chuckle or two ten years ago but now it just fills every thread, it's fucking misery. hey you know that game you guys like so much, maybe stop grossing out other people who might be interested in buying it. it's ridiculous.

It's definitely gotten real bad recently. Luckily it seems like the vast majority of people who post in the community thread are the people who actually stay on topic in the gaming side threads so I tend to just skip the posts that aren't from a name/avatar I recognise from the community thread.

yami4ct

All the Persona 5 designs are great, male and female. It's probably the first cast that looks super on point for every character. Even the designs I don't love as much, Necronomicon girl, still shows a ton of personality.

Judging characters without knowing who they are is dumb, though. Obviously. There's no way to know which characters I love until I play the game. Like I mentioned in the PV04 thread, most of the characters I really dig aren't the ones I thought I would going in. I had no clue I'd come to like Rise, Naoto and Kanji as much as I did as an example.

LiK

Ranma may have been my first anime outside of the stuff on Toonami.

It's what got me into anime when i was a kid. Watched the Cantonese dub way back and was obsessed with it. Still love the first season the most. Also watched DBZ Canto dubs way back before it even debuted in the US. So weird that they're still popular to this day.

It's what got me into anime when i was a kid. Watched the Cantonese dub way back and was obsessed with it. Still love the first season the most. Also watched DBZ Canto dubs way back before it even debuted in the US. So weird that they're still popular to this day.

There was a dude who worked with my mom while I was in high school that just heard I liked anime and just started sending DVD's home with my mom for me to watch. It's how I saw a ton of shit I'd never even heard of.

LiK

There was a dude who worked with my mom while I was in high school that just heard I liked anime and just started sending DVD's home with my mom for me to watch. It's how I saw a ton of shit I'd never even heard of.

Yea, I had a friend who managed to get a lot of random anime and showed me them. Wasn't easy to find anime to watch back then so it was pretty eye-opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom