• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, TIL wrestling is technically charging for tickets to their shows illegally? Apparently it's an FCC rule that you can't charge people to attend recordings or airings of shows, but they skirt the rule by saying it's a sporting event.

This seems pretty shitty to me but at the same time there are worse instances of this type of thing happening.

If you're unfamiliar with wrestling's history with the Athletic State Commission and dodging taxes in a similar way, you have an interesting read ahead of you.

If you're unfamiliar with wrestling's history with the Athletic State Commission and dodging taxes in a similar way, you have an interesting read ahead of you.

The way companies skirt the rules and regulations is something I would probably be really interested in but is probably really boring to read about. I was just as fascinated when I found out Scientology goes untaxed. Shocked!

When I was a kid a man offered me anime on the street and I did the right thing by reporting him to the police and getting him arrested.

Gotta go with an in-between! Always the smart move.

I am trying to remember one that ws probably my favorite at the time that I can't recall the name. It was a witch and a knight on like an adventure and it involved a demon called Gov or Gob? I really liked that series, but can barely remember it.

Strax

Huh, TIL wrestling is technically charging for tickets to their shows illegally? Apparently it's an FCC rule that you can't charge people to attend recordings or airings of shows, but they skirt the rule by saying it's a sporting event.

This seems pretty shitty to me but at the same time there are worse instances of this type of thing happening.

Doesn't seem shitty at all to me, they are both actors and athletes so thats fair game imo.

All the Persona 5 designs are great, male and female. It's probably the first cast that looks super on point for every character. Even the designs I don't love as much, Necronomicon girl, still shows a ton of personality.

Judging characters without knowing who they are is dumb, though. Obviously. There's no way to know which characters I love until I play the game. Like I mentioned in the PV04 thread, most of the characters I really dig aren't the ones I thought I would going in. I had no clue I'd come to like Rise, Naoto and Kanji as much as I did as an example.

I think most of the people judging the characters now have everything they need to make their creepy decisions.

That Firewatch thing with Will Smith has been the most fun and interesting use of VR I've seen in these streams so far. Imagine PS Home with that .. virtual blam jibbers for everyone!

yeah Pocket Card Jockey's pretty alright. good price too. there's some bullshit in there at times but for the most part I really like it.

KingKong

the reaction to Uncharted 4 online seems really tepid. I guess they can only make so many of those games before people get tired of them

the reaction to Uncharted 4 online seems really tepid. I guess they can only make so many of those games before people get tired of them

Really? Most of what I've seen has been extremely enthusiastic.

Personally, I'm having a blast with it. I'm just up to where they ended the Quick Look and it was a lovely time.

justjim89

I've never really understood patriotism. American or otherwise. Like, good for Dan that he gets pride out of the fact that he was born in a place he likes, something he had no control or influence over. But what's the point of draping yourself in flags and cheering for America and going all crazy about it? Don't get me wrong, I don't want America to go away seeing as how I live here, but it's just a landmass governed by people who don't give a shit about you and take money from you to spend on shit you mostly wouldn't approve of. What's there to be proud of?

Ooooooffff cooouurrseeee Dan

L4hHXhb.png
Well he does love corporations.

jaina

oh I didn't even bother checking in on the OTs. Surprises me, the reviews made me think the shortcomings of the series had been significantly improved.
I'll continue with chapter 8 of UC 3 now, the UC4 QL got me in the mood.
edit: is it about multiplayer? don't care

Salarians

Most people haven't even started the campaign yet. It took a while for people to notice TLOU's MP too, it'll probably be a similar situation.

I really enjoyed what I played of it during the betas.

JonCha

I was really, really excited for Uncharted before the Quick Look but now I'm in one of those situations where I want to buy it as soon as possible. Well, that and the Nathan Drake Collection anyway as I didn't own a PS3. I would have got the digital version of that but it's not far off being double the price of Amazon, so that'd be silly.

I'm also a sucker for good dialogue and storytelling and UC4 seems to bring that in droves.

Megasoum

Banned
Just took the last 2 hours to do a major cleanup of my PC Case and swap some HDD around. Fuck there was a lot of dust in there lol.

Now my PC is sooo quiet tho! It's great

KingKong

I don't know, maybe it's just me, it seemed like with Dark Souls 3 and Overwatch or MGS5 and Witcher 3 last year people were posting about it everywhere but I don't see that with UC4

I was really, really excited for Uncharted before the Quick Look but now I'm in one of those situations where I want to buy it as soon as possible. Well, that and the Nathan Drake Collection anyway as I didn't known a PS3. I would have got the digital version of that but it's not far off being double the price of Amazon, so that'd be silly.

I'm also a sucker for good dialogue and storytelling and UC4 seems to bring that in droves.

Buy the collection and give yourself some time and get Uncharted 4 when it's inevitably discounted in a few months.

I burned through the collection pretty quick and it wasn't the best way to play it.

By the end of 3 I was pretty sick of it as all 3 games follow a similar formula. Not to say they aren't good but when you play all of them back to back it can be an issue.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, it seemed like with Dark Souls 3 and Overwatch or MGS5 and Witcher 3 last year people were posting about it everywhere but I don't see that with UC4

All of those games also have depth in gameplay systems that you can debate about. At the end of the day UC is just a cover shooter. There's not much to debate about.

JonCha

Buy the collection and give yourself some time and get Uncharted 4 when it's inevitably discounted in a few months.

I burned through the collection pretty quick and it wasn't the best way to play it.

By the end of 3 I was pretty sick of it as all 3 games follow a similar formula. Not to say they aren't good but when you play all of them back to back it can be an issue.

Fair point re taking a break. Uncharted 1 visually looks dated now, so I wonder if I'd even enjoy playing that last one.

SummitAve

Banned
That's just plain false.

Has anybody tried Pocket Card Jockey? I was going to wait for a QL but i'm bored rn.

My favorite game of the year so far. I've got my gf hooked on it as well. It's a little wordy with the tutorial, but other than that awesome. Simple and fun with enough depth to keep it interesting. Would be amazing on mobile. I'm hoping a ql will bring some additional attention to it because it's definitely deserving.

Megasoum

Banned
Holy fuck. That sucks for Johnny V. I wonder if the podcast has been recorded? Man, this is pretty huge news.

All the GBWest guys have been silent on Twitter for a little bit so they are probably recording it right now... Hopefully one of them will see it on his phone and go all "Breaking news"

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well that sucks for Johnny V. What was his title? VP of Disney Interactive? I guess that position no longer exists. 😢

All the GBWest guys have been silent on Twitter for a little bit so they are probably recording it right now... Hopefully one of them will see it on his phone and go all "Breaking news"

I dunno if they would go into it since J. V. works there but...they record on Tuesdays now thanks to their new set up iirc?

Still, sucks for J.V. I thought Infinity was doing good seeing as how it's disney but I guess it has no place for it in the modern game industry...

Damn JV, best of luck to ya on the rebound. You never know, Lang might be hiring...

A very long shot, I know, but can anyone here help find some long lost Jeff-related videos?

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/gen...-points-reports-videos-now-on-youtube-558942/

I'm aware of the very fine efforts that a lot of you duders put into grabbing the Twitch stuff (http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/help-me-find-gb-videos-on-twitch-1491585/) o7 o7 o7

But this...this seems like a lost cause :sadface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom