• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to start some kind of tumblr of things Jeff has said he has randomly held over the weekend on the podcast. There has to be one random thing every bombcast.

LiK

I'll check the first video but I doubt I'll watch more after that.

I'm guessing they will see how many people will watch the video and see if it's worth doing in the long run. I actually think they should do this for big AAA releases or big news so we can see all their reactions.

Strax

Happy MPP6 day everyone!

Under 8 hours

foam_by_unicorn_waffle-d63fe9i.gif

Xater

And something to keep in mind as always as we are watching the Party later, someone told Dan it's the best in the series. lol

Broke the news to my fiancee last night that we're gonna have to push her congratulatory "you're halfway through nursing school!" dinner back a day for MPP6. No regrets.

Xater

Looking for a new podcast to try? 45 great picks from the TED staff

No Bomb or Beastcast but maybe thats good because How Did This Get Made? is on there (also known as The lowest hanging fruit podcast) and thats a terrible podcast so I don't trust this list.

I still enjoy How Did This Get Made?, because making fun of bad movies never gets old. The Worst Idea of All Time is also alright, but they cover 1 movie for a long time. Like watching Sex and the city 2 once every week for a year. Don't know of a better podcast alternative that fills this need.

That list is shit. How can Hardcore History not even be on there? That is such an easy pick.

Strax

I still enjoy How Did This Get Made?, because making fun of bad movies never gets old. The Worst Idea of All Time is also alright, but they cover 1 movie for a long time. Like watching Sex and the city 2 once every week for a year. Don't know of a better podcast alternative that fills this need.

My problem with is mostly with the execution of the premise. I expected a mix of real talk and humor, kinda like the Bombcast when they talk about games, and not "LOOOOOOOOOOL, this is so bad" followed up with what can only be descripted as reading of the snarkiest forum posts on the internet about the movie.

Peru

Listen to Blank Check with Griffin (actor, comedian) and David (film critic). They do series of podcasts on one filmmaker at a time, filmmakers who get blank checks after a big hit. So far M Night Shyamalan and now ongoing the Wachowskis. But before that they did three ten-episode inspections of the Star Wars prequels.

My problem with is mostly with the execution of the premise. I expected a mix of real talk and humor, kinda like the Bombcast when they talk about games, and not "LOOOOOOOOOOL, this is so bad" followed up with what can only be descripted as reading of the snarkiest forum posts on the internet about the movie.

I feel kind of the same way. They started out more as a little more serious with a lot of humor and the live shows used to be great because it was mostly the reactions to that, but now the show has gone more into straight humor and it feels like it's more them playing to the crowd now.

Strax

Listen to Blank Check with Griffin and David. They do series of podcasts on one filmmaker at a time, filmmakers who get blank checks after a big hit. So far M Night Shyamalan and now ongoing the Wachowskis. But before that they did three ten-episode inspections of the Star Wars prequels.

I will if you'll watch the movie

Blank_Check_film_poster.jpg

Xater

Because of that list I did just randomly tuned into an episode of Call Chelsea Peretti. I like her on Brooklyn 99 and here stand-up on Netflix was decent. Man this podcast is terrible.

popo

The Beastcast refuses to be side lined by this brinkmanship. To this end, I hear that Vinny has ordered a wide angle lens for his iphone and downloaded periscope.

Looking forward to hearing "Tech Corner with Cnet's Jeff Bakalar" this week. I hear he has the hot scoop on those new 10 series cards.

"They moved to a 16nm process. This smaller die lets them fit more little men in and thus more computations. Also, the PCB is now red and everyone knows da red wunz go fastah!"

I have no use for a video Podcast but as long as I get my audio, I don't care

You will but Brad will just rip the audio from the camera mic :D

Broke the news to my fiancee last night that we're gonna have to push her congratulatory "you're halfway through nursing school!" dinner back a day for MPP6. No regrets.

Half way? Is that like 6 month anniversary dinners? Finish the fight Ms Catfish.

fwpx

Team Jeff because he is mario and also without him this site seems to devolve into Dan's bullshit corner. NO THANKS.

Half way? Is that like 6 month anniversary dinners? Finish the fight Ms Catfish.

Nursing school is a motherfucker, man. Getting through two semesters is definitely something worth celebrating a bit (though lower on the totem pole than watching grown men play Mario Party 6...obviously!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom