• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothel

bought battlefield 4 because it was ridiculously cheap... playing the multiplayer straight after playing Overwatch probably wasn't the best idea... this game looks like shit?

Now that's it's finished I'm going to stick with weird.

Nope. You come to Nick Cage movies wanting either Cagey ass films or Nicholas Cage films. Cagey ass films are Face/Off, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Vampire's Kiss, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans , Con Air, The Rock, The Wicker Man, Next .etc

Nicholas Cage films are Adaptation, Lord of War, The Weather Man, National Treasure, Matchstick Men, Kick-Ass, Leaving Las Vegas.etc

There's a place for both types of Cages in this world and both are fantastic.

Hasney

So since E3 was some of the first times I stayed up and watyched Giant Bomb live stuff, how long does it take before I can stop singing Lockdown?

Well Jeff Green is Jewish and if you don't count Bakalar since he works for CNet, the closest thing to a Jewish member they've had has been people calling Kessler and Patrick antisemitic slurs despite neither of them being Jewish and one time someone on the forums asked if Jeff was a Jew cause he was "good with money"

Kessler is definitely Jewish. This isn't hearsay or speculation. That aside, I don't think Jews are an underrepresented or otherwise oppressed minority so it's not exactly the same as hiring a person of color. I don't want to get into any oppression olympics, just saying. (also I am Jewish fwiw)

I just hope it doesn't take another year to hire somebody.

dogpowerd

Banned
Kessler is definitely Jewish. This isn't hearsay or speculation. That aside, I don't think Jews are an underrepresented or otherwise oppressed minority so it's not exactly the same as hiring a person of color. I don't want to get into any oppression olympics, just saying.

Jeff made it sound like they haven't started looking at resumes yet so its probably going to be a long time. Anyone want to take bets on how long the new person will last?

Tubobutts

Kessler is definitely Jewish. This isn't hearsay or speculation. That aside, I don't think Jews are an underrepresented or otherwise oppressed minority so it's not exactly the same as hiring a person of color. I don't want to get into any oppression olympics, just saying. (also I am Jewish fwiw)

Huh. When they were talking about it on the bombcast they said Kessler wasn't Jewish. I guess it's alright then.

I'm up early in a hotel room with my kids. We don't have cable at home and they're watching cartoon network. I am in awe at the commercials. Water slides, sugared everything, teenagers trying to do some new BopIt toy. It is amazing.

strafer

I hope they hire a female this time. Giant Bomb needs female opinions.

But the chat will be even worse is my guess. Not the regular Giantbombers but those who lurk and those who sign up to post comments that boils my blood.

bought battlefield 4 because it was ridiculously cheap... playing the multiplayer straight after playing Overwatch probably wasn't the best idea... this game looks like shit?

Bruh... What are you playing on? Game looks great on PC, I just played some a week ago and was impressed at how nice it still looked.

Jothel

Bruh... What are you playing on? Game looks great on PC, I just played some a week ago and was impressed at how nice it still looked.

PS4 - I was on a kinda forest map, just looked super grungy and jaggy as hell. It was probably made worse after playing Overwatch in particular.

After E3, I'm still not feeling any kind of urge to upgrade to a 4k TV

I'm very skeptical that consoles will actually push 4K games. More than likely we'll see 1080p games with higher quality assets and effects and (hopefully) decent framerates, as well as HDR. That would be a lot more impressive than 4k games that run like garbage, and honestly aside from completely eliminating the need for AA, 4K isn't that much of a paradigm shift.

Myggen

After E3, I'm still not feeling any kind of urge to upgrade to a 4k TV

Next TV I buy will obviously be a 4k one, but I'm not rushing to the store to upgrade.

Edit: I see Jeff is playing the new Rhythm Heaven, man I'm looking forward to the QL!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've got a Samsung that's probably 4 or 5 years old that I barely ever use so it's in real good shape. But I barely ever use it.

I think I'm more likely to buy a G-Sync monitor first
Is Assasins Creed Syndicate good especially if I haven't played an AC game since Revelations? It's on sale on Ps4.

Yeah, some time inbetween AC games helps a ton with fatigue. And I loved it. It's probably my second favorite AC

I hope they hire a female this time. Giant Bomb needs female opinions.

But the chat will be even worse is my guess. Not the regular Giantbombers but those who lurk and those who sign up to post comments that boils my blood.

I agree. Austin added the perspective of being a person of color, which was important and essential. At the same time, it was still all dudes, and I really would love to have a woman in this position. Hopefully it comes to pass, but we'll see

Tubobutts

Well now I noticed Arkham Knight is on sale too and I wanted to play a Batman game so I'm going to rewatch both quick looks and make a bad decision.

And also I hope the Best Of guy makes a special Austin edition video.

And if I was smart I'd realize that I should probably just play the Witcher especially since I bought both DLCs and haven't even finished the main game.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Massive congrats to Austin, he totally deserves it. I rarely go to other gaming sites these days but I'll definitely be following him over at Vice.

I think Austin proves that Vinny/Jeff are pretty great at hiring new voices who will fit in and add something different to the site, so I'm not worried about genders or races this time, I'm confident they'll hire someone good.

Zaph

It's shocking how long fucking people's shit up with a cane and dagger stays fun. AC Syndicate is a really good return to form, especially if you've had a long break since your last AC game.

AC Syndicate was fantastic. I hope they return to that setting and cast at some point, I really liked all the characters and I'd love to see them in a story that was a bit more compelling.

Tubobutts

Syndicate seems like more fun than Batman based on the quick looks and since you people seem to like it I'm leaning towards that unless I realize I should just play the Witcher.

And also I want to take part in calling it Syndicate and upset people who think Syndicate should only refer to Syndicate.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't even find a decent screenshot of the one true Syndicate thanks to AC: Syndicate.
first result for syndicate game
Syndicate_screenshot.png

In which video did Dave Lang talk about taking contracts to assure work for his employees, and insulted one of his employees for complaining? I remember it being super funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom