• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

I'm hoping Jeff's Tacoma 2 jab gets extended to the wiki entry and QL.

Link's Awakening is blowing my god damn mind. The first ability you get is a jump?!
my favorite item in the gameboy titles! I'm happy that BoW has a dedicated button because jumping makes any game better for me.

BiHUUgm.gif
You made this?
amazing :D

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Good for him, I think he kinda implied that this was a reason for him to move back to Chicago

I figured Patricks wife was pregnant when on a morning stream, she was in the background with a baby bump. I didnt mention it cause, yknow, it was Patricks announcement to give~

I knew someone would say it!

And as long as no one says Zelda 2 is the best, I'll feel okay skipping it.

Haha, I have to say it every time. I mean it, though! I understand why Link to the Past is the one that always gets praised, but I'll take Link's Awakening any day.

justjim89

God damn it. I sit down at my laptop to catch up on E3 nonsense, only to find out Austin is leaving?

What a bummer. He added so much to the site.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
zelda 2 is so bad

zelda 2 is actually the level of disappointment of a sequel that jeff pretends yoshis island is

Link's Awakening always get overlooked for how important it is to the series; it was a weird experimental project by people who weren't in charge of the console games, and it was the first Zelda to really emphasize quirky characters, a plot with an actual twist, and puzzle design and boss design other than "push a block," "find the switch," and "hit the boss a lot of times."

Also Chuck: did u no u can steal stuff from the store. try it out. it's fun to commit crimes

you know, now that they're done with Metal Gear Scanlon... has Drew beaten a Zelda game?

if you want GB members embarrassing themselves playing Zelda, watch Dan play through the first game

Link's Awakening always get overlooked for how important it is to the series; it was a weird experimental project by people who weren't in charge of the console games, and it was the first Zelda to really emphasize quirky characters, a plot with an actual twist, and puzzle design and boss design other than "push a block," "find the switch," and "hit the boss a lot of times."

Also Chuck: did u no u can steal stuff from the store. try it out. it's fun to commit crimes

the weird B-team GB Nintendo games are the best

ask Bowlie

Peru

I wouldn't say Link's Awakening is that underrated - it's always gushed over on gaf, anyway. But it's undercommunated how many aspects of the modern Zelda formula it defined, like EmCee mentions above.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys...

Now that I can finally play it at a stable 150fps with everything set to the maximum I can confirm.... Doom is really fucking cool.

Surprisingly I think the combat is probably the aspect I like the least in that game. Don't get me wrong, It's really fun but MANNNNN I love the exploration and secrets. It's so good to have a FPS where you actually have to look at the map and find all the hidden stuff. It's been a while!

This is all because Jeff and company couldn't withstand the power of another Calcutec filibuster in favor of an Austin favorite during GOTY. He was too real, and as Jeff had pointed out, they had become too soft.

This is all because Jeff and company couldn't withstand the power of another Calcutec filibuster in favor of an Austin favorite during GOTY. He was too real, and as Jeff had pointed out, they had become too soft.

Its because Austin was ready to filibuster the shit out of The Witness for being a pretentious video game

Both Jeff and Brad in an effort to award their friends game GoTY this year decided to lay him off

Now The Witness will be the GotY and nobody can stop it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Its because Austin was ready to filibuster the shit out of The Witness for being a pretentious video game

Both Jeff and Brad in an effort to award their friends game GoTY this year decided to lay him off

Now The Witness will be the GotY and nobody can stop it

'Friends GOTY' a road you want to go down
0879570664723d4161905665b68b306d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom