• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I want to read the email.

No you don't. I did now, and I wish I didn't.
But fine I'll translate what he wrote me, and it's urgh. Wurgh.

"I know you like GB and all but you should really look at this! The site is becoming unsafe [I seriously have no idea what that means] and the SJW are taking over, like I told you. Blahblahblah Safe Space Feminazi SJW at least "that black guy" [he absolutely knows Austin's name, I assume he just pretends he doesn't so he can emphasise how "little" he cares] left, blahblahblah something about Alex turning Vinny into an SJW and how we need to rise up and retake the internet. [I'm not fucking kidding here, retake the internet, holy shit]"

Then there is a link to some reddit thread in the gamergate forum and that's basically it.

Since I already opened it I went and looked and it's some guy complaining that he got banned from GB for being a jerk in the comments.
I can't wait to finish that fucking project so I don't have to talk to this guy again.

I shouldn't even have brought this up, sorry about that.

Meguro

Banned
There is this weird subsection of Giantbomb fans who fall into the GamerGate category.
I notice this a lot on old videos where the guys were a bit more "offensive", like Vinny saying cunt.
It's fascinating and also sad and stupid?
Like, the site has changed, yes, but "SJW" or "liberals" haven't taken over.
They just refined themselves and well, changed with the times.
(Not to mention GB as a whole has always struck me as quite left leaning anyway)

Myggen

There is this weird subsection of Giantbomb fans who fall into the GamerGate category.
I notice this a lot on old videos where the guys were a bit more "offensive", like Vinny saying cunt.
It's fascinating and also sad and stupid?
Like, the site has changed, yes, but "SJW" or "liberals" haven't taken over.
They just refined themselves and well, changed with the times.
(Not to mention GB as a whole has always struck me as quite left leaning anyway)

I mean, there's a subsection of pretty much all of video game fandom that falls into the gamergate category. Look even at GAF every time there's a thread about social issues in gaming.

Meguro

Banned
Wait, what's gamergate got to do with the word cunt?
Nothing! It's just that on that specific video (I believe it's a Hamster video where he remixed Vinny saying it) there's a lot of talk about SJWs ruining the site and them not being offensive anymore.
vinny saying cunt was offensive?
No! That's why I put offensive in quotes!
I mean, there's a subsection of pretty much all of video game fandom that falls into the gamergate category. Look even at GAF every time there's a thread about social issues in gaming.

Absolutely.
It's just strange to see them on something I'm quite invested in.
Like I can't understand how they would come to like GB in the first place.

Meguro

Banned
Aaaanyway, I downloaded Furi because Brad was praising it on Twitter and I really like it!
But I must be crazy or something because there's a little something about the dodge that feels....off to me and I've not seen anyone else mention this.
Like there's some kind of delay on it or something.
Cool game otherwise though.

jgminto

Aaaanyway, I downloaded Furi because Brad was praising it on Twitter and I really like it!
But I must be crazy or something because there's a little something about the dodge that feels....off to me and I've not seen anyone else mention this.
I think it's because it dodges on button release instead of press, which allows you to increase the distance with the hold.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I feel tempted though 25€ for a "Boss rush" game feels....not right.
Which is terrible cause that shouldn't matter, but for some reason I don't feel good about it even though I really should.
That and I bought a bunch of games during the Steam sale, still have to finish Stranger's Wrath and I haven't even started RE:RE:R and Solus Project

Strax

A dude I went to school with just got a new tattoo

13600258_10153616048256770_7328643596391331942_n.jpg

demidar

A friend said that the dodge just feels bad, and amongst a bevy of other issues, disliked Furi heavily, or at the very least felt it disappointing.

Meguro

Banned
It has some issues for sure. I think it really drags some of the fights on for waaaaaay too long for example.
But even with that it's probably the best PS+ game there has been in a long while.

oti

Banned
I don't get Brad's drooling over Animal Crossing for Smartphones. I'm sure it will be a cool experience and all but to me it sounds like he hopes it could replace a "real" AC game. And that's just a foolish thing to hope for.

Jintor

I don't get Brad's drooling over Animal Crossing for Smartphones. I'm sure it will be a cool experience and all but to me it sounds like he hopes it could replace a "real" AC game. And that's just a foolish thing to hope for.

i've been thinking about pokemon go a bit (probably because I can't get my hands on it right now) and it strikes me that if the actual battling system isn't up to par with the real game or at least have its level of addiction, then I think probably like miitomo it's going to have a great burst of popularity at launch and splutter and die.

oti

Banned
i've been thinking about pokemon go a bit (probably because I can't get my hands on it right now) and it strikes me that if the actual battling system isn't up to par with the real game or at least have its level of addiction, then I think probably like miitomo it's going to have a great burst of popularity at launch and splutter and die.

Pokémon GO needs more functionality. But the stuff that's there is great. But I never expected a full blown Pokémon game to begin with so for me it's pretty great so far. Though when it comes to phone games especially I often feel very different than the GB crew. I played Crossy Road for a week. It was ok. And I'll never play it or any copies ever again.

Plus animal crossing is still going to be boring on whichever system it's on.

Aw shiiiiiiiiiiiet.

Eh. The battle system's a disappointment, but it's all about Gotta Catch 'Em All. If they can ensure that the Pokémon are well distributed, and if they feed in the later (ie. the good) Pokémon in regularly, that thing's going to have legs.

Johndoey

Banned
No you don't. I did now, and I wish I didn't.
But fine I'll translate what he wrote me, and it's urgh. Wurgh.

"I know you like GB and all but you should really look at this! The site is becoming unsafe [I seriously have no idea what that means] and the SJW are taking over, like I told you. Blahblahblah Safe Space Feminazi SJW at least "that black guy" [he absolutely knows Austin's name, I assume he just pretends he doesn't so he can emphasise how "little" he cares] left, blahblahblah something about Alex turning Vinny into an SJW and how we need to rise up and retake the internet. [I'm not fucking kidding here, retake the internet, holy shit]"

Then there is a link to some reddit thread in the gamergate forum and that's basically it.

Since I already opened it I went and looked and it's some guy complaining that he got banned from GB for being a jerk in the comments.
I can't wait to finish that fucking project so I don't have to talk to this guy again.

I shouldn't even have brought this up, sorry about that.

Damn that's a hot mess.

Jintor

Eh. The battle system's a disappointment, but it's all about Gotta Catch 'Em All. If they can ensure that the Pokémon are well distributed, and if they feed in the later (ie. the good) Pokémon in regularly, that thing's going to have legs.

do different pokemon show up at night yet?

My fiancee's college has two Pokestop locations pretty much right in the area where she goes to all her classes. So she's going to enjoy the hell out of Pokemon Go I'd imagine.

My fiancee's college has two Pokestop locations pretty much right in the area where she goes to all her classes. So she's going to enjoy the hell out of Pokemon Go I'd imagine.

My place of work is a Pokestop. As is some place called Bob's Bait and Tackle nearby? I guess that's what passes for a "notable building" in Florida.

popo

dat bouncing watermark. so good. so dumb.

The BF1 video has an animated preview...

Not sure how I feel about that. It can be cool if used in moderation but you see so many lazy sites now where nearly every thumbnail is an animated gif and it looks like shit.

Kotaku love them some gifs (especially Klepek) but check this Hearst site if you want to see our dark future.

http://www.digitalspy.com/

Like a whole page of bad web ads.

This constantly jumping watermark is obnoxious. I thought WildStar's watermark covering the entire screen during alpha/beta was the worst, but this has taken the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom