• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! Just a month and two days away! It'll probably be the last (physical) video game thing I buy before I get PSVR (not that I'm expecting NMS to be PSVR compatible, although that would be awesome).

Its like....30 days until it comes out! Im excited, I have vacation set up from the 8th until the 22nd~

I have fewer issues with the Twitch player but it lacks basic features like the ability to actually pause live streams. The GB player is fine feature-wise but gives me more issues than any other player I've used.

Which is worse? Giant Bomb's video player or Twitch's video player? The age old question.

For me, Giant Bomb is worse. On Chrome, when I use both, I switch on Flash (the only time I do so). I only use Flash on Giant Bomb for livestreams (which is required) and long videos (HTML 5 is not great for me with the GB player when shuttling around on long videos). Twitch is switching soon to HTML5 and nearly every HTLM5 based video player I've used works well. Giant Bomb's is the only exception. When possible, I use YouTube for Giant Bomb videos. When a livestream is available on YouTube, I still opt for GB's player, as I don't want to miss out on the chat. YouTube's chat is awful (in terms of posters).

Megasoum

Banned
The HTML5 player on the site will start buffering every couple of seconds after an hour or so on long videos.

I have to use Streaming for premium videos and I use YouTube whenever available.

The HTML5 player on the site will start buffering every couple of seconds after an hour or so on long videos.

I have to use Streaming for premium videos and I use YouTube whenever available.

Yup. Any video that is over an hour can be pain in HTML 5. Whenever there was a Metal Gear Scanlon, I'd always watch them in streaming. I wish they could have a custom player for premium livestreams using YouTube's tech. YT just works flawlessly for me.

I just download all GB videos I'm interested in as they come out so I can enjoy them on my own time regardless of internet connection. Rarely have to deal with their video player, though it mostly works fine for me during live streams.

Ill just use youtube even though I have been a premium member for years

Sites player is really inconsistent and goes from fine to terrible on a day to day basis for me.

I was asked to look up E-Cig Laws at work and sent to a site called License to Vape. This is the worst. Even when giving legal info, they're hocking promo codes for e-liquids and e juice.

Gurrry

I know this is random, but i really just want to ask someone a question about something.

But has anyone ever taken a medication that they were allergic to? I ended up taking mucinex and broke out in this fucked up rash that wont go away. Its scaring the shit out of me. Im taking benadryl and steroids to get rid of it, but I wanted to know if anyone else experienced this before and how long did it take to get rid of it?

If this is too off topic just ignore me.

But has anyone ever taken a medication that they were allergic to? I ended up taking mucinex and broke out in this fucked up rash that wont go away. Its scaring the shit out of me. Im taking benadryl and steroids to get rid of it, but I wanted to know if anyone else experienced this before and how long did it take to get rid of it?

Dude you should go see a medical professional. Rashes that don't go away are not a good thing.

Gurrry

No I have not Gurrry but that sounds super scary. Do you have other people aware of your condition and nearby, just in case?

Dude you should go see a medical professional. Rashes that don't go away are not a good thing.

Sorry guys I shouldve been more clear. This started on tuesday night. So it hasnt even been a full 48 hours yet.

I did go see an urgent care doctor yesterday who told me it looked like a typical allergic reaction. He gave me a steroid shot that made the rash go away, but last night it came back. He then gave me a perscription for an oral steroid which I started today.

Im not having trouble breathing or anything like that, so its not nearly as bad as it couldve been.

I just rarely get sick and this just scared the fuck out of me. I just dont really know how long this should last. From what ive read and talked to people about, it sounds like it could be a few days or a few weeks.. but the longer it goes on the more anxious i get about it.

Thanks for caring guys. It makes me feel alot better knowing I can come to this community and get some responses. <3

Oh ok, those are some important details.

If you just started the steroids just keep an eye on the rash. If you don't see improvement over the course of the prescription, you should see your regular doctor, but definitely stick to your prescription no matter what. It's not quite the same kind of bad as people who go off their antibiotics, but just stick with the course.

Gurrry

Oh ok, those are some important details.

If you just started the steroids just keep an eye on the rash. If you don't see improvement over the course of the prescription, you should see your regular doctor, but definitely stick to your prescription no matter what. It's not quite the same kind of bad as people who go off their antibiotics, but just stick with the course.

Absolutely. I dont plan on messing around with this. Its just so frightening and ofcourse, anytime you read anything online about any medical issue, it tells you that you have the black plague and are basically dead.

I dont feel bad, i just feel weird and would be alot more at ease if this shit would stop popping up.

Fuck mucinex.

So I probably wont get a decent PC until autumn / winter so I said fuck it and bought Doom on ps4 while it was on sale.

Upside down the logo spells wood. I never noticed that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All this Gundam Breaker playing has me thinking, man, I could really go for a Go Nagai Musou.

Or just a Super Robo musou

def sim

"I find it almost impossible to mount guys."

drewahshtp3kle.gif

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'm digging Inside so far, just picked it up on PC.

I seem to be about half way through already though at the 2 hour mark. Is the full game about 4-5 hours thereabouts?

Jeff seemed a bit incredulous about seeing a tick rate in Battlefield 1. The tick rate was actually a huge issue in BF4, as it was reduced from BF3. This resulted in a ton of "How did he not die??" moments. They did eventually did do a big netcode overhaul for BF4 that like tripled the tick rate and helped a lot. That game's life was so fraught with issues.

Strax

For those budding Pokemon Trainers out there using Pokemon Go - whilst the Darwin Police Station may feature as a Pokestop, please be advised that you don't actually have to step inside in order to gain the pokeballs.

It's also a good idea to look up, away from your phone and both ways before crossing the street. That Sandshrew isn't going anywhere fast.

Stay safe and catch 'em all!

LINK

lol

KingKong

Jeff seemed a bit incredulous about seeing a tick rate in Battlefield 1. The tick rate was actually a huge issue in BF4, as it was reduced from BF3. This resulted in a ton of "How did he not die??" moments. They did eventually do a big netcode overhaul for BF4 that like tripled the tick rate and helped a lot. That game's life was so fraught with issues.

I know they have to support 64 people on a huge map but anything below 64 s really low, especially in a game where you die so quickly

I can't believe Overwatchs is just 20, that's nuts

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I know they have to support 64 people on a huge map but anything below 64 s really low, especially in a game where you die so quickly

I can't believe Overwatchs is just 20, that's nuts
I think Overwatch has pretty simple and big hitboxes unlike most modern shooters. Maybe that's why it works.

FStop7

Banned
Complain about visible tick rates in a closed alpha brehs

Particularly when BF4 was a technical clusterfuck at launch (and Jeff was one of the people who rightfully criticized it, in fact Vinny and Jeff specifically called out the fucked up hit detection)

Damned if you do damned if you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom