• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm curious, did this year have an equivalent moment where the internet got mad at GB for being cynical or whatever like last year's Sony conference? I've seen a small amount of grief pointed their direction for not laughing at the South Park demo or being "triggered" or whatever, but that was just a bad segment. And I say that as a guy that enjoys South Park.

Also, Cartman's bigotry goes way too unchecked these days by the show as a whole.

This year Adam Boyes lashed out at Dan for not liking the Sony conference. It was like a condensed, passive aggressive version of last years events.

Myggen

So I'm curious, did this year have an equivalent moment where the internet got mad at GB for being cynical or whatever like last year's Sony conference? I've seen a small amount of grief pointed their direction for not laughing at the South Park demo or being "triggered" or whatever, but that was just a bad segment. And I say that as a guy that enjoys South Park.

Also, Cartman's bigotry goes way too unchecked these days by the show as a whole.

Not really. Some people were mad at them not being THAT into the Sony conference as a whole, but that didn't lastet very long compared to last year. Some LOL TRIGGERED!!!!! comments about the Ubisoft thing from people who hate GB in the first place so who gives a shit about that.

Tubobutts

Woah you go big guy.

Yes of course.

StoveOven

Banned

The night of the Sony conference was pretty bad, but it wasn't like last year where people would still be complaining about it

Guess Who

Banned
can't believe giant bomb doesn't believe sony destroyed microsoft, ripped them from limb to limb, obliterated them from existence, feasted on phil spencer's corpse, etc. praise be to our yosp in heaven

I think you just post troll posts in this thread by now Breezy.

I mean

did you see the chemistry between the two in the beginning of the segment

It was pretty funny.

(And he asked a question that led to that answer, I'm a hype man myggen. I have fun.)

jgminto

They need to add Deadly Premonition to Xbone Backwards Compatability so I can play through the best version of the game again.

adwords are also based on your google searches.

fyHL86e.gif

Austin would've gotten excited about #FE which is dropping next Friday.

Don't think anyone on the staff is gonna play ZTD or Star Ocean 5 tho.

- J - D -

I'm catching up on a lot of GB stuff from this year and I don't know about you guys, but I always get a little nervous when Jason is on stream. He's got this tightly-wound barely contained manic energy that makes him always seem like he's one Dan-ism away from combustion. Plus, he barely sleeps cuz of the having a kid thing.

I'm catching up on a lot of GB stuff from this year and I don't know about you guys, but I always get a little nervous when Jason is on stream. He's got this tightly-wound barely contained manic energy that makes him always seem like he's one Dan-ism away from combustion. Plus, he barely sleeps cuz of the having a kid thing.

D95VIOt.gif

TraBuch

Banned
So yeah, as amazing as the Griffin/Plante/Danny/Mary segment in the E3 stuff was, Cara's face might've actually been the best part of the entire thing.
e: Just noticed how potentially creepy that sounded. Obviously talking about her reactions.

On the one hand you have some amazing laughs and claps from Ryan, especially in the final parts of the story
On the other, Brad pulls a LOT of Brads

That's the one thing I was worried about.

BR Deadly Premonition Endurance Run is great. It's pretty much the reason I started surfing Giant Bomb regularly.
Brad's dulcet tones are irresistible.
Any time a Witcher quest asks you to put on fancy clothes, you know it's gonna be a good time.

Yes. That, and anything involving masks.
I'm finally approaching the end of my Witcher 3 new game + play through and about to start the expansion packs. I can't wait. The word of mouth has me super excited because if the quests are some of the best the game has to offer, I'll be blown away.

Be very excited. I'm only partway through B&W (fully completed HoS) but so far they've been uniformly wonderful. Someone compared them to full games, and I can totally see why; they don't feel like a cheap waste of time and are very much "expansions" on the Witcher 3's world. Like, as far as story-based DLCs go, they're best-in-class; much like the Witcher 3 itself.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

That many energy drinks would do that to a man.

I actually couldn't believe it when i heard that it's pretty much all he drinks. That's even crazier to me than any of Dan's weird foodisms.

- J - D -

That many energy drinks would do that to a man.

I actually couldn't believe it when i heard that it's pretty much all he drinks. That's even crazier to me than any of Dan's weird foodisms.

I remember Jason saying on a recent-ish UPF that having 2 Rockstar-sized energy drinks a day isn't an uncommon thing for him, which was shocking. Jeff caps it at 1 a day.

Anjin M

(rewriting this post because I was weirdly defensive and I really don't want to derail.)

Eh, it was just funny. I was amused that the ad bots could pinpoint when I would be voting without knowing I wasn't eligible to vote for him. The internet of data can be a strange and scary place.

Also, I chose that anecdote instead of the one that made me sound
even more like
a perv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom