• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Looks like STO just put out an expansion based on TOS.

Kinda cool.

jeffwhatx6ue9.gif

ArjanN

I think it's because for jeff, clicker games basically breaks gaming down to its barest essentials.

He's been in the game too long, he needs it raw.

But that's the thing though, they really don't.

They're just incredibly transparently preying on people's OCD tendencies.

Has anyone tried out Paragon? Everyone with PS+ has beta access now. I thought it was somewhat entertaining. Very daunting at first with all these cards and powers and whatnot. While I had some fun, I'm not sure I would've bought it if it was not free.

Looks like STO just put out an expansion based on TOS.

Kinda cool.

I forgot that was coming to consoles later this year. Despite being more of a Star Wars fan, I'll give it a shot.

KingKong

I finished Inside.

Neat.

I think it definitely has one of my "best moments" of the year in it, although it's less a moment and more an environment.

I think it's one of the most well crafted games I've played but the gameplay doesn't click most of the time. The moment you mentioned was great, but there were too many simple and forgettable puzzles that were just kind of tedious to do

I'm watching the competitive Rocket League finals and getting pangs for those GB matches. That was brilliant content.

It's a shame we haven't seen more cross coast stuff than we have. I've always thought it works better than you'd expect.

TraBuch

Banned
Welp, I suddenly got the urge to play Dragon's Dogma so I'm downloading it. Is there a difference between the original and Dark Arisen other than the DLC? I beat the original way back when but never played DA.

I keep thinking I should play Star Trek Online.

I like Star Trek.

I have been wanting to play a MMO for a year or two now.

I hear its OK

Its probably the logical game for me to try if I want to try a MMO. My PC is a bit old but it should still do the job I guess. Not sure the console versions will be up to snuff with a controller.

I keep thinking I should play Star Trek Online.

I like Star Trek.

I have been wanting to play a MMO for a year or two now.

I hear its OK

Its probably the logical game for me to try if I want to try a MMO. My PC is a bit old but it should still do the job I guess. Not sure the console versions will be up to snuff with a controller.

Well, if they have any sense and offer customization, they will allow keyboard and mouse support. Several PS4 games use it, such as War Thunder and Paragon.

oti

Banned
I'm finding myself contemplating whether I should buy Inside or just watch a Let's Play. I thought LIMBO was OK but didn't really play that well. Not a huge fan of the gameplay.

Lijik

When was the last time anyone talked about both if not 1998?

im too tired for this shit, cmon dude. if you mention moby most people are going to think of his ambient 00s work and not the clubby sample heavy 90s stuff.
edit- since im coming across as more exasperated in this post than i actually am, i was gonna edit this to say that my original post was supposed to be along the lines of "thats like mixing up Call of Duty and Medal of Honor" but i remembered they did do that modern MoH reboot so i dont have a decent analogy anymore

I'm finding myself contemplating whether I should buy Inside or just watch a Let's Play. I thought LIMBO was OK but didn't really play that well. Not a huge fan of the gameplay.

Im in the same boat. Most everyones glowing about Inside, but they did the same with Limbo and I wasnt really into it

SomberOwl

Didn't Star Trek Online get announced for consoles?

Also does anyone remember the artist Jeff Bakalar brought up on the Beastcast a couple weeks ago?

I need a QL for Pokemon Go to help me understand what it is. I read Austin's article on Vice and continue to be lost. Is it Monster Rancher where wifi hotspots replace CDs?

Salarians

Welp, I suddenly got the urge to play Dragon's Dogma so I'm downloading it. Is there a difference between the original and Dark Arisen other than the DLC? I beat the original way back when but never played DA.
It adds Bitterblack Isle, which is a very hard dungeon. I didnt play much of DA in general but I think BI is pretty long. They also made fast traveling an option much earlier in the game and it's cheaper too.

I think there may be some new equipment to the base game too but I can't recall.

So, during the Vive stream the duders checked out the Firewatch tower with Will but they never actually "watched" the episode of the FOO Show. They really should, because it's still my favorite VR anything.

Meneses

VRodeo continues to be a cool GB video (Pool Nation did not disappoint) but VR games are still totally uninteresting.

That music thing was cool, though.

It's an add-on that's basically a different game. It takes DD from being a mediocre open-world game with awesome combat to being an awesome dungeon crawler with awesome combat. It's high-level content though, basically meant for endgame play, which is sort of a shame because I think a lot of people are put off by the open world elements who might like the Dark Arisen content.

Surely you mean a that wolf.

The social element does seem like it sets PGO apart. I'm getting a new phone soon, and PGO is something I'm unusually interested to play.

Also, anecdote time: PGO is the only mobile game to consume my work entirely. I feel like anyone using their phone had a 50/50 chance having it on their screen. Even heard people talking about it. Was wild.

Now, those Vice comments... wowser.

I've had people talking about it in stores and stuff. Had to stop at an automotive place for a new cabin air filter and a car deodorant bomb (found a pair of dead mice in my car, not fun) and heard a bunch of people talking about how they found a Pidgey and Scyther in the parking lot.

It's real wild, and like I posted earlier, it's a great motivator to get outdoors.

I've had people talking about it in stores and stuff. Had to stop at an automotive place for a new cabin air filter and a car deodorant bomb (found a pair of dead mice in my car, not fun) and heard a bunch of people talking about how they found a Pidgey and Scyther in the parking lot.

It's real wild, and like I posted earlier, it's a great motivator to get outdoors.

At least they died together. No wait, that sounds like a nightmare. Anyway, I don't know how big that radius circle is in Pokemon Go, but there's like nothing in it when I open the app. It's the complete opposite of motivation.

It didn't take much listening to get me to buy the Furi soundtrack on vinyl, and y'all are making a compelling case for me to get the game.

It's great, and if you're playing on PC it's also short enough where you can almost definitely tell if you'll like it or not within the Steam refund window. The first fight is a good, broad example of what's to come throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom