• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
Holy shit, I forgot XCOM 2 was this year.

That came and went, huh.

People liked, I think? And as far as I know the technical issues have been cleaned up a bit.

I kind of dropped it due to other work stuff going on at the time, should revisit it and actually finish.

XCOM 2 is a great game but maaaaan it is one of the most broken and poorly optimized games I've EVER played. That last mission in particular, but it's a technical shitshow all over.

Holy shit i had never heard this before hilarious, i lost it at jeffs disturbed impression

The Hotspot was so damn good. (Thanks to Jaxxiczek on the GB forums)

---

iPdWbYU.png

KMx51nT.png

Megasoum

Banned
Dan is right... That ESPN OJ Simpson documentary is really good.

I was born in 83 and I'm not in the US so while I was definitely aware of the OJ Simpson trial and the chase, I wasn't really aware of the details of the case.

Now I'm fucking pissed... Holy shit...

I didn't like it at first, but Furi is amazing.

Dan is right... That ESPN OJ Simpson documentary is really good.

I was born in 83 and I'm not in the US so while I was definitely aware of the OJ Simpson trial and the chase, I wasn't really aware of the details of the case.

Now I'm fucking pissed... Holy shit...

I just bought the book on the trial that the show is based on. Excited to check it out.

Shapeshifting is the better answer to that podcast question. The ability to be any animal, man or woman would be super useful. There's a lot more small use cases for shapeshifting than teleportation. Getting mugged? Become a bear. Too little legroom? Become someone short. Need to move furniture? Become someone super strong.

Shapeshifting is the better answer to that podcast question. The ability to be any animal, man or woman would be super useful. There's a lot more small use cases for shapeshifting than teleportation. Getting mugged? Become a bear. Too little legroom? Become someone short. Need to move furniture? Become someone super strong.

No, teleporting is a way better power, especially if you can teleport other things. Need to go somewhere? Teleport, saving yourself countless hours of time. Imagine not having to commute to work or school because you can be anywhere instantly. If you're getting mugged, then just teleport away. And where's legroom a problem other than transportation? You don't need that if you can teleport. As for furniture, well, just grab on and teleport it where it needs to be.

I'd play the hell out of a Return Fire remake for PC. Seems like something someone would do. It's got the Windjammers allure of fun multiplayer to play with friends.

No, teleporting is a way better power, especially if you can teleport other things. Need to go somewhere? Teleport, saving yourself countless hours of time. Imagine not having to commute to work or school because you can be anywhere instantly. If you're getting mugged, then just teleport away. And where's legroom a problem other than transportation? You don't need that if you can teleport. As for furniture, well, just grab on and teleport it where it needs to be.

True for those examples, but shapeshifting has the aspect that you'll be pretty much immortal. You can just keep becoming a younger version of yourself (if that's allowed) or just someone younger. I think shapeshifting would also be more fun just in general. Teleportation saves you time and gives you convenience, but shapeshifting does that as well as well as gives you the ability to be any living thing which would come in handy and be fun in numerous situations.

Jintor

the pop culture understanding of shapeshifting does not allow you to become effectively immortal by continually shapeshifting yourself back into a baby. sorry.

Amazingly no one listed The Witness, which is no doubt going to be Giantbomb's GOTY. Jeff and Brad won't let it slide from #1.

You think The Witness is Jeff's #1? which Jeff are we talking about here. And DOOM would be #1 for Brad before Witness would. I'd say INSIDE is Brad's 1.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You think The Witness is Jeff's #1? which Jeff are we talking about here. And DOOM would be #1 for Brad before Witness would.

You do know that jeff really liked the witness right?

Not as much as doom, but he was really high on the witness when he played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom