• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem for me is that most of the time I'm sleeping on the bus nowadays.

Which isn't great for mobile gaming. :p

Yeah, I'm usually out like a light on the train but yesterday on the way home I was trying to get stuff from the pokestops that we were passing at high speeds.

edit: I think im going to go for a walk and hatch some eggs???

oti

Banned
I'm repeating myself here but when it comes to mobile stuff I often find myself disagreeing with the GB crew. I can't get excited over clicker games or endless runners anymore. I tried those, they are neat. But not "OMG HAVE YOU TRIED THIS YOU GUYS" to me.

All I'm saying is I have a tough time to relate to some of GB's opinions. But that's nothing new (hello Nintendo games in general) and that's totally fine.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm repeating myself here but when it comes to mobile stuff I often find myself disagreeing with the GB crew. I can't get excited over clicker games or endless runners anymore. I tried those, they are neat. But not "OMG HABE YOU TRIED THIS YOU GUYS" to me.

All I'm saying is I have a tough to relate to some of GB's opinions. But that's nothing new (hello Nintendo games) and totally fine.
Said it before, but I'm still fascinated how some of the dumbest skinner box games are the ones that resonate with them the most. You'd think they're long over that by now, but it's almost more effective somehow.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Said it before, but I'm still fascinated how some of the dumbest skinner box games are the ones that resonate with them the most. You'd think they're long over that by now, but it's almost more effective somehow.

I think it's because for jeff, clicker games basically breaks gaming down to its barest essentials.

He's been in the game too long, he needs it raw.

oti

Banned

I still don't get that mobile Fallout game.

Myggen

You people have failed me. There's still no gif of Jeff sword fighting from this VRodeo! Another nail in the coffin of this Saturday spent at work.

Shes not the last boss fight

And it goes places

To space mainly

This game is something

The last stage of the LAST last fight was one of those disembodied "Neo" moments where I could see what I was doing on screen and knew i was holding the controller but there was zero thought, just pure reflex. Really intense. Great game and I'm looking forward to starting it on Furier mode (though I can't see that without thinking 'furrier').

oti

Banned
Another VRodeo and another "meh" from me. I really like those videos though. Best VR coverage I've found so far.

"I don't like the recent trend of ping pong tables in offices."

Dan. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

The last stage of the LAST last fight was one of those disembodied "Neo" moments where I could see what I was doing on screen and knew i was holding the controller but there was zero thought, just pure reflex. Really intense. Great game and I'm looking forward to starting it on Furier mode (though I can't see that without thinking 'furrier').

Yup! Theres definitrly some moments where I just enter a state of Zen and do everything. Apparently theres a secret boss I missed so Ima definitely replay the game~

It didn't take much listening to get me to buy the Furi soundtrack on vinyl, and y'all are making a compelling case for me to get the game.

Its a reaaaally great game. The story is enticing enough to make you follow through, and the fights are intense enough to be enjoyable but not bang your head against the wall bad.

Its definitely in my top 10 this year so far.

Another VRodeo and another "meh" from me. I really like those videos though. Best VR coverage I've found so far.

"I don't like the recent trend of ping pong tables in offices."

Dan. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

In the past month a ping pong table showed up at my office. Haven't seen it used since that first week.

e5H3ouN.png

Maaaan, Cosmic Trip looks so cool, and it's such a good example of a game that could only be played on the Vive.

Plus, it's almost a clicker game! You set up a base, it generates resources and then you go set up more bases. The numbers will keep getting higher.

Inside has a lot of great moments but there's one in particular that's probably the best I've experienced in any game this year:
realizing you are the blob and subsequently ripping the wall off of your tank. Simultaneously disturbing and empowering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom