• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the A in A. Alex Navarro stand for?

Alexis, I think.

edit: new page more Alex gifs

oJA1Hdi.gif

Is the latest UPF download video borked? I'm like 6 hours away from a trans-pacific flight and the video would help pass like 2 of the 11 hours...

Jintor

watching the vrodeo made me think: do you think a lot of people are playing VR entirely by themselves, or is it more likely they have an IRL 'spotter' with them to make sure they don't trip over shit and to run stuff?

Strax

Even if it's just for a day, being top of the Top Grossing charts is pretty huge. I think it's worth pointing that out, while still noting that it has a long way to go before we can call it a long-term hit.

Eh, any Pokemon product would've gotten to the top no matter what it was.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm finding myself contemplating whether I should buy Inside or just watch a Let's Play. I thought LIMBO was OK but didn't really play that well. Not a huge fan of the gameplay.

I'm going to wait until the game is ~10$
It does feel like a game that only really works when you play it yourself, but 20€ is too much for me.

Chuck

Still without luck
I really enjoyed working on the wiki pages on Giantbomb.
It's a shame the crew stopped caring years ago about promoting their wiki. Points don't show up anywhere and they don't do any competitions. Just look at the wow pages for burning crusade compared to pandaria.

If they just talked about it sometimes and rorie gave away tshirts or something it could be the best video game wiki. But alas.

It's a shame the crew stopped caring years ago about promoting their wiki. Points don't show up anywhere and they don't do any competitions. Just look at the wow pages for burning crusade compared to pandaria.

If they just talked about it sometimes and rorie gave away tshirts or something it could be the best video game wiki. But alas.

It's kinda sad to say at least. I know Jeff use to do it a for some time.

Houndi101

Plug this mouse in your butthole

Anyhow couple of years ago when I became a premium member and the first UPF I watched Brad snapped something fierce to Rorie about "maybe you should keep your mouth shut" or something like that and it's a horrible first impression to get about their friendship and try to shake

Wunder

Anyhow couple of years ago when I became a premium member and the first UPF I watched Brad snapped something fierce to Rorie about "maybe you should keep your mouth shut" or something like that and it's a horrible first impression to get about their friendship and try to shake

im gonna need a timestamp

Tubobutts

You were right though, Brad hates Rorie. That's why he refused to sing his catchphrase when Brad prompted him.

jaina

Jeff has said on Mixlr (and/or elsewhere) that they currently have engineers redeveloping the whole wiki. The current wiki base was a rush job after the CBS transition, because CBS did not acquire the whiskey media wiki tech, just the data.
I also remember Jeff saying that he's waiting with really pushing the wiki again after the new one is ready with several improvements, e.g. in the approvals process.
He still loves it very much.

oti

Banned
I'm going to wait until the game is ~10$
It does feel like a game that only really works when you play it yourself, but 20€ is too much for me.

I watched it today. I'd say it's totally fine to just watch it if you're like me and don't care about the gameplay. Was a nice experience and I don't regret it. I'll either buy the game during a sale or buy some merchandise if that exists or something to support them.

I'd imagine the wiki is a pretty big traffic driver for GB, still. It tends to rank pretty high in google searches for industry figures, older video games, stuff like that.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The wiki is such a cool idea in concept, I just wish 90% of entries for stuff I'd actually want to look up in it weren't just a name, a boxart and a release date

watching the vrodeo made me think: do you think a lot of people are playing VR entirely by themselves, or is it more likely they have an IRL 'spotter' with them to make sure they don't trip over shit and to run stuff?
For anything other than showing it off / when they have company over, I think by themselves.
The types of experiences, save for say Keep Talking, are fairly solitary, so it just wouldn't be a good time for others beyond the novelty.

With the Vive you set up the boundaries of your play area. A grid wall will appear as you get close to that boundary to warn you. Part of setting up the play area is clearing it of things you could trip on.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
4 hours later, I found the ending sequence for INSIDE hilarious.

I'm guessing this was what Brad was going oh man oh man oh maan over. I can't say it had that much of an impact for me outside of being unconventional.

That secret ending though..

oti

Banned
4 hours later, I found the ending sequence for INSIDE hilarious.

I'm guessing this was what Brad was going oh man oh man oh maan over. I can't say it had that much of an impact for me outside of being unconventional.

That secret ending though..

I think the
normal ending
is too
WTF for its own sake

TraBuch

Banned
Is Inside gonna be another Limbo where a couple years from now, people will play it for the first time and wonder what the fuck the big deal was?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Is Inside gonna be another Limbo where a couple years from now, people will play it for the first time and wonder what the fuck the big deal was?

Both games sit decidedly in the "that's neat" category for me. Enjoyable experiences unique for their time with striking visuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom