• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bye, space flute

the best part of jeff doing that head motion is the part where you see his eyes shift because he's trying to see how it looks on-camera

It's pretty clear what will be dominating GotY talk at Giant Bomb.

subtle hint
tumblr_oa2ax5DagB1qgpem8o1_1280.gif

hamchan

My campus is crazy at night. 4 in the morning and there are people walking around everywhere, lures everywhere.

Just walking around the city streets and I see a whole ton of people playing Pokemon GO. Shit is a phenomenon.

The gimmick with Pokemon Go is really resonating with people for some reason, and it's enough to get past all the awful design of the game.

Also, why does every single character look exactly the same too? And why is the Professor saying my name isn't available?

I actually do like the game despite it not being very much of one. It's such low effort to just keep it on and then walk around, picking it up when it buzzes, feeling good when you catch one of these things.

The game has basically started down the path of the ultimate dream concept of what Pokemon could be. That it seems like a bad game and is still setting the world on fire says a lot about how hyped people are about the concept.

Jintor

I really hope they do some dumb location-based shit like up the spawn rate of pokemon in certain countries or put a Ho-oh on top of Mt Fuji or some shit

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
It's pretty clear what will be dominating GotY talk at Giant Bomb.

subtle hint
tumblr_oa2ax5DagB1qgpem8o1_1280.gif

You know, on release I'd have thought so, but they seem to have cooled on it a bit. Oh they all still think its fine but I'm betting Jeff's apathy keeps it out of the top 5. I'd put money on it getting #7

You know, on release I'd have thought so, but they seem to have cooled on it a bit. Oh they all still think its fine but I'm betting Jeff's apathy keeps it out of the top 5. I'd put money on it getting #7
Jeff being apathetic can only hold a game back so much. I'm betting on a similar performance to Rocket League- top 5, with one or two making a half-hearted push to get it to number 1.

Doom at number 1, obviously.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's going to be GOTY.

Dan still hasn't even finished Doom because he keeps playing Overwatch. Vinny is playing a multiplayer game because it's Overwatch. Alex changed his twitter name to an Overwatch character. Jason is playing Overwatch regularly

it's Overwatch

hamchan

VRodeo brings me so much joy.

Seeing Jeff mess around in Pool Nation VR is incredible.

I want to buy VR now even though I know no good games are out yet.

hamchan

Jeff saying "Die cops!" in VRodeo certainly is bad timing considering they must have pre-recorded the video days before posting it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Vinny did say he played it last week, so hopefully there's another one to fight for Leah stardew valley come goty time.

Jintor

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE will be GOTY.

Oh maaaaaan that would be amazing.

it might realistically be in the running for best style, which is probably again going to be a hell of a category this year.

sorry, best stttttttttyyyyylllleeeeeeee

Not to totally derail and continue talking about a ghost, but, saw Vice has a gaming podcast. It's pretty dead, 7 episodes in 7 months and hosted out of the UK. And not that we need another gaming podcast in the space, but, another opportunity for Earn Cheese Sanders to put a mark on something.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
"Okay, we established last time that Ireland is on the same island as England right?"

I don't have the time for this today. I'm going to need to push back the start of Monday by an hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom