• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Started watching that OJ documentary they talked about. Utterly fantastic so far.

It does a really good job of painting a picture of the entire social landscape at the time, to understand OJ's influence and standing at the time - very handy to non-US viewers.

--

edit: Drew Scanlon, Spiritual Advisor.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, since Dan and Jeff are always talking about hooking their PC up to a TV I went and did that. Friend stored his new big screen at my place so I thought "Might as well try that thing and see why everybody wants to do that".
I feel like my eyes are bad? Cause it's really hard for me to read stuff on it? I tried to play Overwatch but had a hard time seeing the enemies and felt kinda overwhelmed the entire time. I just felt like I can't see anything since suddenly my "monitor" is much farther away. I know my eyes can't be that bad since I've been at an ophthalmologist like 5 months ago. I know everybody loves that phrase but....is that just me?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly...your eyes are probably bad. I have that problem during presentations, just can't focus fonts to the degree I want and at some point I get a headache

Could someone point me to the video where Luke Smith talked about Destiny at some point in 2015? I think it was during E3 last year during an after-hours show?

BearPawB

Banned
So, since Dan and Jeff are always talking about hooking their PC up to a TV I went and did that. Friend stored his new big screen at my place so I thought "Might as well try that thing and see why everybody wants to do that".
I feel like my eyes are bad? Cause it's really hard for me to read stuff on it? I tried to play Overwatch but had a hard time seeing the enemies and felt kinda overwhelmed the entire time. I just felt like I can't see anything since suddenly my "monitor" is much farther away. I know my eyes can't be that bad since I've been at an ophthalmologist like 5 months ago. I know everybody loves that phrase but....is that just me?

it doesn't feel right to me on keyboard/mouse games.

Controller games are fine for me typically

it doesn't feel right to me on keyboard/mouse games.

Controller games are fine for me typically

I'd imagine with keyboard/mouse games, the input lag on a bigger TV would make it feel awkward compared to a monitor.

I plan on building a PC soon and hooking it up to my TV, but there's no genre I like that requires m/kb anyway and I have a monitor I use for fight games so I can just switch it to that if need be.

By chance are your eyes dry?

Curufinwe

Jonah Lomu was actually of Tongan descent, but I can understand why Danny would assume he was Maori.

Unfortunately, he died from his kidney problems last November aged 40.

TraBuch

Banned
After seeing that Terraria thread, I decided to give the console version another shot and ugh, I'm utterly hooked. After playing hundreds of hours on the PC when it released, I can tell I'm gonna do it again on the PS3. Controls aren't too bad after a while.

Speaking of bald Dan - I must have missed the video/podcast bit where he's talked about it. What was the reason for such a drastic hair manoeuvre? Anything in particular or did he just fancy getting a scalp tan this summer?

Myggen

Haha that You Bloody Ripper achievement.

Speaking of bald Dan - I must have missed the video/podcast bit where he's talked about it. What was the reason for such a drastic hair manoeuvre? Anything in particular or did he just fancy getting a scalp tan this summer?

He hasn`t talked about it specifically, but probably because he`s going bald. He commented a picture on Twitter from E3 of him, Vinny and Brad where you could see the bald spot on the top of his head, and a few days later he had shaved it all off.

He hasn`t talked about it specifically, but probably because he`s going bald. He commented a picture on Twitter from E3 of him, Vinny and Brad where you could see the bald spot on the top of his head, and a few days later he had shaved it all off.

Ah, fair enough. As someone that made the chop thanks to chemo ravaging my luscious locks, I can sympathise with his plight. On the plus side, you save a fortune on shampoo/conditioner!

Myggen

Oh my fucking god Dan. Maps aren't hard.

Except for Britain he actually did okay.

It`s weird how much people fixate on how others should know where every country in Europe is when I`m guessing the majority of both Europeans and Americans can`t find more than a few African countries on a map, and don`t know where Asian countries outside of the big ones are located.

So this is random but it's one of those "maybe someone in the community can help" things.

Found two dead mice in my car, stunk up the entire system something fierce. Cleaned the hell out of it, replaced the cabin air filters, put a odor bomb in. First day was great. Check it out this morning, I can see evidence of another mouse trying to set up shop in there. Bedding and pee spots.

What do I have to do to keep the mice out? I'm gonna be putting sticky traps in it tonight.

So this is random but it's one of those "maybe someone in the community can help" things.

Found two dead mice in my car, stunk up the entire system something fierce. Cleaned the hell out of it, replaced the cabin air filters, put a odor bomb in. First day was great. Check it out this morning, I can see evidence of another mouse trying to set up shop in there. Bedding and pee spots.

What do I have to do to keep the mice out? I'm gonna be putting sticky traps in it tonight.

Light your car on fire.

Fantastapotamus

This map thing reminds me of those shows where they ask people to put a little flag on a map and people put like Germany on Spain and Turkey on Poland. Though to be fair, ask me where basically any US state except Texas, Nevada, California and Florida is and I'm probably totally lost as well.

This map thing reminds me of those shows where they ask people to put a little flag on a map and people put like Germany on Spain and Turkey on Poland. Though to be fair, ask me where basically any US state except Texas, Nevada, California and Florida is and I'm probably totally lost as well.

Oh come on, New York is weirdly shaped enough to pick out on a map.

Meguro

Banned
My "complaining" was more about Dan not knowing that Northern Ireland was different from the Republic of Ireland and also saying that the UK is exiting Europe, which, you can't just quit a continent.

Fantastapotamus

I know it's not fair to complain that an american doesn't know Europe, but oh my god, Dan thinking Denmark is "Amsterdam" and the same as Holland is killing me.

jeff's twitter last night is really making me hope we get a spoiler talk of inside on this weeks bombcast.

I really wish Austin could be there if they do one as his interpretation lines up with mine (at least based on the few tweets he made after completing it) and I'd love to hear him expand on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom