• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presented without comment:

EOrambd.png

bfoSsk9.png

Edit- For those confused: Dash Buttons are sold by Amazon. Each button is focused on a particular product. When you are low on the particular item, you press it and Amazon charges your account and ships more to you. If a kid got a hold of one and kept clicking it, well, you are out a ton of money. So, when Dan is low on Slim Jims (beef jerky-like meat sticks), he presses the button and more will be on the way. The portrait is of the late wrestler "Macho Man" Randy Savage, who used to promote Slim Jim.

I'd hesitate to call the ending of Inside a twist. I'm glad i skipped every single bombcast segment about it, I had no idea what to expect going in. What a wonderful game.

I got very confused because I didn't know what a dash button was.

The most pointless thing ever (in my opinion). They're buttons from Amazon, each focused on a particular product. When you are low on the particular item, you press it and Amazon charges your account and ships more to you. If a kid got a hold of one and kept clicking it, well, you are out a ton of money. So, when Dan is low on Slim Jims (beef jerky-like meat sticks, if you didn't know), he presses the button and more will be on the way. The portrait is of the late wrestler "Macho Man" Randy Savage, who used to promote Slim Jim.

The most pointless thing ever (in my opinion). They're buttons from Amazon, each focused on a particular product. When you are low on the particular item, you press it and Amazon charges your account and ships more to you. If a kid got a hold of one and kept clicking it, well, you are out a ton of money. So, when Dan is low on SlimJims (beef jerky-like meat sticks, if you didn't know), he presses the button and more will be on the way. The portrait is of the late wrestler "Macho Man" Randy Savage, who used to promote Slim Jim.

The button can only place an order once every 24 hours.

Megasoum

Banned
I really need to try Vulkan in Doom tonight but I actually haven't booted a single game in like 5 days because I'm watching Rainfall Projects videos all the time lol...

I live a weird life.

Megasoum

Banned
Vulkan is kinda crazy... Doom in 1080p with everything maxed out went from average 150fps in OpenGL to average 190 FPS with Vulkan... Wow

I wonder what Drew thinks of the new Mirror's Edge. I seem to recall him saying he liked the first one.

It's good, if not great at times. I hate the throwaway side missions though but the main missions and dashes(time trials) are good to great. I'm probably one of the few that enjoys the combat because you could combine some slick moves that, more often that not turn out funny because of how the body gets all rag-dolly after hitting it lol.

I really dig the synth soundtrack as well even though it's been kind of repetitive in a few spots. Also, the story is total nonsense but nobody ever plays ME for that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I guess Drew ddos'd his own server when someone linked the meditation article. I really thought he built the html himself in notepad.exe or something, because that's how it looked. But I guess it just couldn't load any CSS or whatever.
The first option would've been way cooler.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
yep, hence why I was originally sold. forgot to link the best one btw
Yo, Devolver is doing some real good stuff. Maybe my favourite publisher out there right now.

Edit- For those confused: Dash Buttons are sold by Amazon. Each button is focused on a particular product. When you are low on the particular item, you press it and Amazon charges your account and ships more to you

At some point we actually made it to the future and the future sucks.

Joeku

Just finished Furi. That game is rad as heck, you guys. Played through a couple bosses on Furier difficulty, and boy did they step that up. Can't wait to see a few of them this way.

Meneses

We don't need to wait for the reviews to come out, it's gonna be like this:

User Reviews: "what do we do in this gaaaaame???"; "Is that it?!"

Critics: "Work of art"; "It's so important"; "It has THINGS to SAY"; "It's really smart and so am I".

The truth will lie somewhere in the middle.

Critics: "Work of art"; "It's so important"; "It has THINGS to SAY"; "It's really smart and so am I".

Yeah, reviews don't really interest me. I'm more interested in just hearing the guys have some impressions other than some time with it at the shows.

Megasoum

Banned

Yup, I'm already looking forward to that review thread.

That game has been waaaaay over hyped.

Johndoey

Banned
I still don't see how No Man's Sky has been over-hyped. Murray has been pretty forthcoming as to what the game is and what it isn't.

I still don't see how No Man's Sky has been over-hyped. Murray has been pretty forthcoming as to what the game is and what it isn't.

I still have friends to this day that think it's some big MMO and have these weird things in their minds. Somehow the possibilities and lack of info early on led to a lot of miss-information and overhype.

Xater

I still have friends to this day that think it's some big MMO and have these weird things in their minds. Somehow the possibilities and lack of info early on led to a lot of miss-information and overhype.

They were out there very early talking about what the game actually is. People just didn't listen, looked at the pretty trailers and let their imagination go wild.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, but now we'll have to see if that can backfire in any way. The game still looks really interesting.

They were out there very early talking about what the game actually is. People just didn't listen, looked at the pretty trailers and let their imagination go wild.

Early on he was notably going back and forth on MP and sometimes just not saying anything about. It took a little while until they specifically nailed down the thoughts around it. He'd say no MP then he'd say yes. It took a while until he started saying it's possible but near impossible and that type of stuff.

Zaph

Yeah. Danny sat down with Hello Games numerous times and talked about this topic on his youtube. He thinks some type of backlash is inevitable because the game they're talking about, and the game the internet thinks they're talking about, are quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom