• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
I'm actually more excited for No Man's Sky as it has become clearer what the game is.

I do think there is a good chance people will be disappointed.
But I never really expected/wanted much more than a near infinite universe to explore

Myggen

I'm actually more excited for No Man's Sky as it has become clearer what the game is.

I do think there is a good chance people will be disappointed.
But I never really expected/wanted much more than a near infinite universe to explore

The review thread is going to be a shit show regardless of how it reviews.

The review thread is going to be a shit show regardless of how it reviews.

Yuuuuup. If it gets positive reviews (my hope, considering how much Hello Games went through to get this game made), people excited for the game will exclaim they were right and blast negative reviews. If the game gets mixed/negative reviews, you know there are people out there that will be very pleased (which is a dumb thing to hope for) and will mock those that were hyped.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
No doubt any review posted about NMS is gonna be a shitshow. The review thread I expect will end up a graveyard of banned accounts after the flame wars commece.

Megasoum

Banned
Yuuuuup. If it gets positive reviews (my hope, considering how much Hello Games went through to get this game made), people excited for the game will exclaim they were right and blast negative reviews. If the game gets mixed/negative reviews, you know there are people out there that will be very pleased (which is a dumb thing to hope for) and will mock those that were hyped.

The problem is that when's the last time a big AAA super hyped game actually got bad reviews? And I don't mean like 1-2 outliers somewhere but a general negative reception. I feel like it's never happening.

Strax

The space cops in NMS could be really cool or really bad depending on how they use them. I'm mostly gonna chill and explore planets. I'm in no rush.

PS. This is the weed game of 2016, right?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The space cops in NMS could be really cool or really bad depending on how they use them. I'm mostly gonna chill and explore planets. I'm in no rush.

PS. This is the weed game of 2016, right?

Rez VR is still a 2016 thing right? Because if so, No Man's Sky is going to have to be fighting for runner up.

No Man's Sky is easily the game I am looking forward to most this year.

I love that slow paced exploration shit.

Basically the key is if progression is fun. I hope the sense of achievement is what I am expecting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No Man's Sky will probably be a good podcast game at best

Unfortunately, I have more podcast games than podcasts at this point.

popo

So it isn't that Gamespot is losing all of it's staff. It is losing all of it's staff to Ubisoft. First John "New Guy" Carlo, then Bauman and now Watters.

With Twitch poaching all it's engineers GS is becoming the new 1up.

Johnny V should just crash at Giant Beast's rotating chair till he gets a job. :p

He lives in LA, so unless he moves it would be a worse commutes than Jeff has.

Is nobody else in here really into it? I'll talk about it to myself in here if need be.
It's fun. I've been getting off the subway a couple stops early so I can play on the way home. I do feel really weirdly self conscious about being seen playing it in public though. Thanks social anxiety.

SomberOwl

I hope there isn't a lot of Pokemon Go talk since I get quite irritated when some of them... pretend to be more ignorant on Pokemon than they actually probably are.

Also I don't like it when they don't pronounce Pokemon right. Like saying "Pokeee Man" "pokeee mans" or Pokeeeeeeee mons". Like we get it your not into it but you know how to say it properly so just say it right.

I hope there isn't a lot of Pokemon Go talk since I get quite irritated when some of them... pretend to be more ignorant on Pokemon than they actually probably are.

I know where you're coming from- I get the impression that Jeff and Dan at least are quite a bit more fond of the franchise than they let on.

Certainly, Jeff's criticisms of Pokémon Go on last week's Bombcast bore a lot of resemblance to criticisms made by those who actually have a lot of affection from the franchise- more than I'd expect, at least.

I hope they do Fru quick look. Kinect quick looks are always a treat.

I'm going to simultaneously vape and play PoGo.

hqdefault.jpg

justjim89

2016's Old Game of the Year: Witcher 3. Blood and Wine is incredible, more content than most entire games. And the UI adjustments they've made are great. Lord knows no one out West would play it any further, but Vinny seemed to really get into Witcher hardcore this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom