• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddified

Jeez $40 for the Kinect Adapter they're really just killing the thing off themselves aren't they.

I know they have been doing it the whole time but this price is just...wow.

If you're in Europe, SOMA and The Witness both have pretty heavy discounts on PS4 right now in the sale.

SOMA is like £4 and The Witness is £22.

Both games that GB liked a lot.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Love hearing Lang extol the virtues of Hitman. That's my GotY so far easily, unless I were to count Blood and Wine. I know Dan and Brad's whole gimmick is that they're bad at it, but hearing Lang tell them it can be painful to watch them bumble around something was cathartic.

Does Lang talk about Hitman on his podcast? Would love to hear him really talk at length about it.

I just checked and I spent 38 hours with Hitman already. And there are still 4 more episodes. The episodic format really works for me here cause I can really focus on replaying a level, than taking some time off before coming back. Obviously I could also do that with a full game but for some reason I never do.

Still need to play B&W but I want to wait for my 1070 to arrive.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jeez $40 for the Kinect Adapter they're really just killing the thing off themselves aren't they.

I know they have been doing it the whole time but this price is just...wow.

It's like those cigarette taxes intended to be so high that people are just punished for doing something bad for themselves.

justjim89

I just checked and I spent 38 hours with Hitman already. And there are still 4 more episodes. The episodic format really works for me here cause I can really focus on replaying a level, than taking some time off before coming back. Obviously I could also do that with a full game but for some reason I never do.

Still need to play B&W but I want to wait for my 1070 to arrive.

Blood and Wine on a 1070 is glorious, my friend. Just had my PC built with a 1070 in it a week or so ago, and it's jaw-dropping. Going from lowest possible settings at 20-25 fps to 1080p max settings at 60 fps nearly made me weep.

And yeah, the episodic format really works so well. Gives you time to wring all you can out of the levels. I'm 40 hours in and still need to master Marrakesh. The bonus episodes sound cool as shit, too.

Hitman going episodic made me think I wanted to wait until it all released to buy it, but now I regret that I didn't just buy it from the start. It seems like it was definitely something that worked great getting in early and coming back to it.

Yeah I remember this thread being pretty high on it, as well as a few of the guys.

£4 seems like a steal so I'm going to dig into it tonight.

I hope you like it. I don't want to oversell it -- it's not for everyone -- but if you want a good sci-fi story that poses some truly interesting existential questions that may keep you up at night there's just no game like SOMA.

God dammit, it's happening again. Listen to the Bombcast and they talk about The Warriors and the Babesball Furies, get done go to Harmontown, within the first half hour Warriors and Baseball Furies.

Yeah I remember this thread being pretty high on it, as well as a few of the guys.

£4 seems like a steal so I'm going to dig into it tonight.

They were definitely high on it -- 2016's best story winner and very much well deserved. My fiancee is playing through it right now and it's tempting me to reinstall it.

Zaph

If you're in Europe, SOMA and The Witness both have pretty heavy discounts on PS4 right now in the sale.

SOMA is like £4 and The Witness is £22.

Both games that GB liked a lot.

That is an illegal amount of money for SOMA

Seriously one of the greatest games ever made. All time top 5 for me.

That is an illegal amount of money for SOMA

Seriously one of the greatest games ever made. All time top 5 for me.

Yeah from an atmosphere and narrative perspective SOMA is just amazing. Up there with Silent Hill 2 and that's not something I say lightly. There are some sections in the late game in SOMA that are hands-down the most terrified I've ever been in a game and not in like a PT way of "this tension is just cranked up to unbearable levels and then there's a jumpscare" but like "this taps into some primal fears like nothing I've ever seen." And it explores the central themes in a thoughtful and novel way. geddit.

Giant Bomb #24 | Anime Or Craft Beer?

I expected to hate that segment because there's nothing worse than whining about people liking things, but fuck it, they made it work

Johndoey

Banned
Soma's ps4 performance got real real bad in spots did they ever patch it?

Soma is real good, except for the stealth sections that add zilch to the experience qnd are just dull and frustrating after a fashion.

Strax

Pokemon is so big in Iceland that its front page news and on TV news.
You can't even download it yet from the PlayStore in a legal way.

The panic-mongering news reports are getting out there so all of the old people in my office have 100% turned on it. Now all I hear at work is that if you play it, you're going to get mugged, drown, and hit by a car, probably all at once.

The panic-mongering news reports are getting out there so all of the old people in my office have 100% turned on it. Now all I hear at work is that if you play it, you're going to get mugged, drown, and hit by a car, probably all at once.

Around here the car thing is a real fucking problem. My first thought was how could people be so stupid as to try and play this while driving their car, but then I realized people keep trying to text and drive despite all the information out there about how bad it is. I've seen some idiots sitting through an entire light cycle because they're staring at their phone.

But if you're in a park or something, and you're with another person, it's good fun and you're plenty safe. I love how popular and insane this has become.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

The most credible newspaper in the world, the Daily Mail, has a very understated and levelheaded article about this called "IS THIS THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS GAME?"

Also I feel the need to point out that the URL reads:
Is world's dangerous game terrifying Pokemon app craze killed one person make children easy prey PAEDOPHILES's coming Britain soon

I just....I just love that URL so much. They cared so much about it, they even capitalized paedophiles. It's art

KingKong

The most credible newspaper in the world, the Daily Mail, has a very understated and levelheaded article about this called "IS THIS THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS GAME?"

Also I feel the need to point out that the URL reads:

I just....I just love that URL so much. They cared so much about it, they even capitalized paedophiles. It's art

Well considering what we know about Britain, children should be right to fear paedophiles anywhere they go

Tubobutts

Because I'm in the suburbs where you have to drive everywhere I've seen a lot of people just sitting in their cars at pokestops and gyms staring at their phones and I'm just assuming they're also playing.
Maybe it's because I don't have it installed so I don't know where your fancy Pokestops are so I've just been assuming people are just doing phone stuff when they're doing Pokemon go stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom