• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ql incoming
1kHHdHq.png

popo

Reminds me of a supermarket calzone I saw recently where it was clear they had just taken two of their regular pizzas and sandwiched them together.

Ketch

Hey... anybody know where to find all the promo codes from the bombcast adds? I want to sign up for the shave club thing but can't remember if it's $1 shave club or harries or what...

So SOMA is possibly a little scary for me.

I'm digging the vibe but I can't handle jumpscares because I'm a fucking idiot.

Are there many?

Really loving The Witness though, god damn that game is relaxing.

Salarians

Are there many?

I think you'll be ok. I'm awful at dealing with horror atmospheres in games but I finished SOMA and it was absolutely worth it. Just keep the lights on.

Something about The Witness' atmosphere creeped me the fuck out and kept me on edge, in a similar way Fez did. The sound that happens when you do "the thing" didn't help.

I know it's nothing new to complain about the site's terrible player, but it annoys the shit out of me how HTML5 defaults to High and not HD, and will switch back often enough that I need to check every single time before pressing play on a video.

Ketch

I know it's nothing new to complain about the site's terrible player, but it annoys the shit out of me how HTML5 defaults to High and not HD, and will switch back often enough that I need to check every single time before pressing play on a video.

dude, their video player is THE WORST. It cannot be complained about enough.

please duders, we know you read this, fix your damn video player already!

FStop7

Banned
I hope there isn't a lot of Pokemon Go talk since I get quite irritated when some of them... pretend to be more ignorant on Pokemon than they actually probably are.

Also I don't like it when they don't pronounce Pokemon right. Like saying "Pokeee Man" "pokeee mans" or Pokeeeeeeee mons". Like we get it your not into it but you know how to say it properly so just say it right.

That goes back to when Ryan was still with us. He always called them pokee mans and he liked them. Watch the Pokemon Snap stream archive. I think that's my favorite Ryan content.

Also, this happened in another thread

tumblr_o4emndBDbw1r8o5ruo1_250.gif

Youtube is always the best option by far, in my experience. Good quality, never lags, hitches, or has other weird problems (like buffering).

The others run a gamut of bad to completely unusable:
  • Streaming: Really bad quality on any setting, looking blocky. Video problems are common, but not universal. A last resort for premium videos.
  • Progressive: cannot skip ahead of the video's download progress. Useless. I've only ever tried it when the other two are completely broken.
  • HTML5: Good quality, but marred with all kinds of streaming problems, ranging from hitches, to delay, to buffering. In general, a frustrating experience... and yet the best choice for premium videos.

For the last few months, watching a video with any of the above three is like rolling a die and hoping I get a seven. It sucks.

dude, their video player is THE WORST. It cannot be complained about enough.

please duders, we know you read this, fix your damn video player already!
Yeah, there must be engineering resources that are limiting a rebuild. It's probably hard to make a case to upper management to make a new player when you "already have one."
Youtube is always the best option by far, in my experience. Good quality, never lags, hitches, or has other weird problems (like buffering).

The others run a gamut of bad to completely unusable:
  • Streaming: Really bad quality on any setting, looking blocky. Video problems are common, but not universal. A last resort for premium videos.
  • Progressive: cannot skip ahead of the video's download progress. Useless. I've only ever tried it when the other two are completely broken.
  • HTML5: Good quality, but marred with all kinds of streaming problems, ranging from hitches, to delay, to buffering. In general, a frustrating experience... and yet the best choice for premium videos.

For the last few months, watching a video with any of the above three is like rolling a die and hoping I get a seven. It sucks.

Their YouTube uploads aren't 60 fps, which is why I try to use HTML5 when I can. Totally had the issues you've described though.

How do you choose that wrestling fans are worse than video game fans when Gamergate exists?

I've got an answer for you but I don't want to upset the applecart

Are there many?

I don't remember any jump scares from SOMA. It's not really that kind of game. Some can happen more dynamically with the monsters I suppose.

Lijik

That goes back to when Ryan was still with us. He always called them pokee mans and he liked them. Watch the Pokemon Snap stream archive. I think that's my favorite Ryan content.

Man Ryan loved to mispronounce things as a goof, "swords" was another he'd do goofy pronunciations on

miss that duder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom