• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
** I wants.
13700228_10154100143992745_6821444627590270688_n.jpg

You should see what Pizza Hut did here once where I live.

Harpuia

Dang the discussion on this week's bombcast about Inside made me think about how well Brad would fit in with the east crew. :( I know where Jeff's coming from but man. Brad was so psyched to talk about Inside..

LiK

Dang the discussion on this week's bombcast about Inside made me think about how well Brad would fit in with the east crew. :( I know where Jeff's coming from but man. Brad was so psyched to talk about Inside..

still need a proper spoilercast. Dan loved it as well. Need Jason and Drew to finish/play it.

I'd compare INSIDE to a great film/book in that it's not a game I would play immediately after beating nor few months down the road. Instead, I'd find myself discussing about it alot, as well as go back to look at some parts of it to catch up on details I may have missed. Because of how memorable and well made the atmosphere is, it's hard to forget about the game so you're going to have to distance yourself from it for a long while.

I can easily see myself playing this a year or two from now when I want to live that experience again however, I still think the first time playing the game for the first time will be the most memorable. I hope more people get to try it out though because it raises some great discussions.

kai3345

Banned
Currently being forced to watch the first purge movie and it might be the dumbest shit ive ever seen. Help gb-gaf!

are you watching all of them in a row? if you are, at least take solace in knowing that the second one is about 100x better than the original.

Yup, you only had to watch the original Twilight Zone series to know that.

thats where I learned it from

That's also where I learned that the hugh jackman movie where he trains a robot was influenced from the episode where the guy pretends to be a robot to box an actual robot and gets nearly killed just to get paid because he was desperate

Currently being forced to watch the first purge movie and it might be the dumbest shit ive ever seen. Help gb-gaf!

my favorite part of those are the bros that non ironically think a real purge would be a good idea. heavy overlap between "men who are way too into the character of tyler durden"

It still holds up pretty damn well. I was watching it on netflix(They skip a season though, the season with hour long episodes) and alot of the themes still hold up well.

A testament to how well it's written~

That would be season four which is the weakest season(it has a few winners though).

justjim89

Rolled credits on Blood and Wine. Witcher is so fucking good, you guys. Wonder if Vinny has finished it yet, curious to hear his thoughts. Shame of no one at GB finishing Witcher 3 proper in a decent time is we never got a spoilercast for it. Between the highlights of the main game and the story through the expansions, CDProjekt really is on some next level shit.

Also, speaking of odd date movies, I used to employ the underrated Jim Carrey vehicle The Number 23. It was effective more often than not.

Joeku

So, about halfway through the year, I think a few categories for GotY are kind of locked in: Best Surprise is DOOM cuz ain't nobody saw that coming, Best Moment/Sequence is probably INSIDE spoilers
the whole Cronenberg blob shenanigans
, and Furi will be in the top three of the best soundtrack.

Personally my moment of the year so far (besides the aforementioned) is something near the end of Dark Souls 3
where you enter the second phase of the Soul of Cinder fight and Gwyn's theme comes in. It's at that moment that I felt the weight of age under a bleeding eclipse in the sky, surrounded by ashen husks of weapons. The souls of all the past players of the series gave way to Gwyn, the original lord who lit the flame. When those three piano keys landed (https://youtu.be/Z9dNrmGD7mU?t=2m15s) the sadness of a tired old man (and the unfortunate circuitousness of a tragic cycle) became so clear.

Chuck

Still without luck
Why do you guys talk about the goty stuff year round now? They don't matter, even according to those making them.

Just enjoy stuff for the stuff it is...

That would be season four which is the weakest season(it has a few winners though).

Hey man, the Hitler episode still holds up to todays climate.

Does best moment or sequence have to be something scripted everyone experiences? Because damn, the end of that third Hitman mission...

Not necessarily scripted, no. Like, the moment Brad and Dan witnessed could totally go up for it.

Joeku

Why do you guys talk about the goty stuff year round now? They don't matter, even according to those making them.

Just enjoy stuff for the stuff it is...

Nah, we halfway through, man. Theoretically, half of the best games of this year have come out already.

Also, if everyone just enjoyed things for what they were, why have forums at all? Perspective matters and discussions happen. Come on with that.

This is the main problem with GB right now, the team is split in a way which doesn't make for the best content.

Ideally it would all be together as one, obviously, but I would take:

Vinny / Jeff / Brad / Drew as West.
Dan / Alex / Jason as East

Obvious A and B team there I know, but having Jeff, Vinny and Brad together always makes the best content out of the current line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom