• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meguro

Banned
I'm late on this but I'm really gonna miss Austin.
He fit in perfectly with Vinny and Alex from Day 1.
Good luck to him on his gig at Vice though. Will definitely follow that site if it's run by Austin.

I just like that he has Dan say "to where" constantly.

And I still can't tell if he loves or hates GB.

At first I couldn't tell, but after watching the videos (especially the recent ones), he seems to know a lot about their likes and dislikes. So, most likely he's a fan... otherwise, he's a very obsessed non-fan.

Sorry, I know this has been asked a bajillion times but what are the funniest quick looks? I already saw the one with Dunla on the boat (velvet something?) and that was great. And I'm now watching Raven's Cry.

Houndi101

Sorry, I know this has been asked a bajillion times but what are the funniest quick looks? I already saw the one with Dunla on the boat (velvet something?) and that was great. And I'm now watching Raven's Cry.

From the recent ones the Alchoves gun on what the hell it was was pretty great, it reminded me of Raven's cry

kAmui-

"They should make another Uno, speaking of cocaine" almost killed me

I'm so glad it wasn't just me who saw so much weird shit on the Uno cameras during the early 360 days.

I feel like I missed out on something great by not playing Uno.

I really want this JV plan to take Dan on a road trip thing to work out.

I feel like I missed out on something great by not playing Uno.

If you wanted to see some illegal/immoral shit, it sounds like it was a hell of a thing.

Giant Bomb 24: "I never shit in a Winnebago before."

RE_Player

Been busy all week and have been catching up on everything. So Austin is leaving wow that is surprising. I wonder if the future expectation for that news role is the job being more of a revolving door rather than a permanent position.

Been busy all week and have been catching up on everything. So Austin is leaving wow that is surprising. I wonder if the future expectation for that news role is the job being more of a revolving door rather than a permanent position.

It'd be interesting to see, but I doubt it.

hwy_61

Banned

It's weird, right? GB being a predominantly video driven site, you have to wonder how key a news person is at the end of the day. THAT BEING SAID, GB has had some of the biggest scoops in recent times.

It's weird, right? GB being a predominantly video driven site, you have to wonder how key a news person is at the end of the day. THAT BEING SAID, GB has had some of the biggest scoops in recent times.

Yeah, that's always been the thing that doesn't make sense about the position for me. Podcasts and video content are the site's lifeblood, and I can't imagine that any articles not related to the, well, scoops like Xbone DRM and Neo stuff see too much success. Personally, I thought the site was going to make the transition to having more video editorial content when Patrick started doing those Video Things I liked, but that went out the window when Gawker came calling.

I just think Austin got an offer he couldn't refuse . Being the editor in chief of a site run by vice is just something that you can't turn down.

Salarians

tumblr_o8yms75aaX1uhm3djo1_540.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty bummed out about RE7 going in the exact opposite direction of RE 4&5&6 after playing the demo..

I want a mix of horror with some action like the original games(referencing 1,2 and 3). Not fake PT. The demo left a real bad taste in my mouth, and it looks like my hopes lie in the REmake 2 being good. I'd be very surprised if the final game looks more akin to the original games because the demo left a very bad 'hey we played Amnesia and PT too' taste in my mouth.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah Resident Evil trying to take horror seriously just doesn't feel like resident evil.

Then again the only one I finished was 4.

justjim89

Man, I hope Austin leaving doesn't mean he's also bailing on the Powerbombcast. He's a really good addition to it. If the Powerbombcast goes Austin-less, I feel like the trigger needs to pulled on Breaking Brad: WWE Network.

This list haven't been updated in a while, but it's still filled with some of the best all time classics. Also watch the Motorbike QL, probably my personal favorite of all time.

I'm pretty bummed out about RE7 going in the exact opposite direction of RE 4&5&6 after playing the demo..

I want a mix of horror with some action like the original games(referencing 1,2 and 3). Not fake PT. The demo left a real bad taste in my mouth, and it looks like my hopes lie in the REmake 2 being good. I'd be very surprised if the final game looks more akin to the original games because the demo left a very bad 'hey we played Amnesia and PT too' taste in my mouth.

Depending on how much combat there is and how good that combat ends up being, I think it may end up being more fake Condemned, which could be cool as shit. They did open that demo at the Sony presser with a bunch of mannequins, after all.

Besides, they have a product for people who like the older games. And lucky for you, it's out Tuesday!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Same here, I'm still not completely convinced they won't pull a bait and switch and this becomes a "Resident Evil: Subtitle", not actually 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom