• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can second the recommendations above for both DLCs. Hearts of Stone is the better overall story but Blood and Wine brings Geralt's story to a satisfying and surprisingly moving conclusion.

I was a little underwhelmed with Blood and Wine, but Hearts of Stone is easily a better storyline than anything in the base game, I think. Blood and Wine is good, but as an epilogue to Geralt's story it feels torn in too many directions. I'd only recommend that one if you really want more Witchering.

It's not like Witcher 3 where there's all this side bullshit and half of it doesn't effect the main story whatsoever and conflicts with Geralt's goals of finding Ciri.

Yeah the open world format definitely hurt the overall sense of urgency and purpose of Witcher 3's main story (a criticism you can levy on a majority of open world games).

It's why I prefer Witcher 2 over 3, even though 3 is an incredible achievement.

The QL sold me on the game, but Videoball on PC is not very good. The controller situation is fuuuuuuuucked on PC. If you touch your keyboard or mouse while it's booting it goes into keyboard mode and you have to restart the game to use a controller. It also can't detect Xbox one controllers, and even 360 controllers are a crapshoot. I was trying to use a mix and god help me. I spent half an hour trying to get it all working just to play some local with buddies, just to eventually give up and go back to Samurai Gunn. Might have to Steam refund for the first time.

Edit: Oh and if you plug in a controller while it's running it freezes for 10 seconds and still doesn't detect that controller unless you restart.

You and me both know that GBWest will do it. GBeast doesn't do quirky quicklooks after Austin left..

Austin killed that smile.
kcyFf01l.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Alex was trucking on his vacation

Unlike Vinny who plays Truck Simulator like he's a god damn youtuber, Alex understands the appeal.

Lijik

I was watching the ghostbusters quick look and Im glad five years later Vinny is still on the case and asking if you can cross the streams in top down ghostbusters games

jaina

He was doing Truck Simulator and uh..something else quaint. What else was he playing? The games complemented each other~
American Truck Simulator and Red Dead. He said both have nice chill journeys from one location to the next (which is why he doesn't fast travel in RDR). So rather more of the same, one with shooting.

Megasoum

Banned
First time I watch the EVO finals... Roughly how long do you guys think there's left on that thing? Like 30min, 1h, 2h?

Trying to decide if it's worth it staying up to watch it.

jambo

After listening to the last two Beastcasts I feel like they've been rushing through the emails and corrections a little bit.

Not sure if it's just me, or if it's time constraints or editing, but it's felt way to short.

Jintor

First time I watch the EVO finals... Roughly how long do you guys think there's left on that thing? Like 30min, 1h, 2h?

Trying to decide if it's worth it staying up to watch it.

we're in the last 3 competitors... so maybe 30-45 min? depends on bracket resets.

I'll probably play both Witcher expansions eventually. Does it matter which I play first?

Little late, but I think you can technically play the base game and DLCs in any order (and there will be some slight dialog changes based on this) but really, the recommended order is base game > HoS > Blood & Wine. Level-wise, they progress exactly like that, with the difficulty curve following a similar progression.

And to pile on what others have said, it's all uniformly excellent. Best-in-class game; best-in-class story DLC/expansions.

I was looking at my GB wiki history, and apparently I created the pages for The Legend of Zelda, Rez, and Sonic the Hedgehog (character), among others. Back then those page creations were only worth 1 point.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't sound like anyone except Jason watched EVO. Meanwhile Autin was all over it. The worst timeline.

In pretty much every case nowadays there is eventually a regular quick look released beyond just the EX videos. While some developers are more engaging (or in PR mode) than others, I think it's always interesting to get some more developer voices in GB content.

After listening to the last two Beastcasts I feel like they've been rushing through the emails and corrections a little bit.

Not sure if it's just me, or if it's time constraints or editing, but it's felt way to short.
It's summer. One of the worst times of the year for game releases and also one of the worst times for news because everyone just spent their load at E3.

popo

Even by EX standards, this Deus Ex video is dry as fuck.

It must be hard demoing the same slice of gameplay day on day but this PR dude seems bored to death.

SomberOwl

Also they seem to be picking... sub par emails. Like one about how to start skate boarding...

justjim89

I hope they do a better job in Mankind Divided of making lethal play a practical option. In HR, you always got more points for playing stealthily and having to go loud always felt like the game was chastising you. Jensen has giant blades in his arms, I shouldn't feel like I'm not allowed to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom