• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they do a better job in Mankind Divided of making lethal play a practical option. In HR, you always got more points for playing stealthily and having to go loud always felt like the game was chastising you. Jensen has giant blades in his arms, I shouldn't feel like I'm not allowed to use them.
I would say I hope so too, but I feel like they won't.

I feel like between Dishonored 2 and Mankind Divided, one of them will fix their predecessor's problems with giving players a huge lethal toolset then guilt-tripping them for killing people.

Still psyched we're getting both this fall.
I'm excited for both of those games as well. And your right, both of those games has a chance to fix their predecessor's problems that I hope they do. I feel like Dishonored 2 might be the one.

GkhdXUJ.png

I hope they do a better job in Mankind Divided of making lethal play a practical option. In HR, you always got more points for playing stealthily and having to go loud always felt like the game was chastising you. Jensen has giant blades in his arms, I shouldn't feel like I'm not allowed to use them.

You mean stealth murdering or straight up run n gunning? There's not much to do about the latter as playing stealth necessitates exploration and hacking. For the other, lethal stealth is slightly pointless in HR. There's a greater assortment of stealth weaponry, but it's not for lack of non-lethal choices. Melee kills made noise compared to non-lethal. Guards aren't automatically waking up from being knocked out, so there's effectively no reason to do a kill move.

It is cool to see an expanded suite of non-lethal combat options, but adding value to lethal play would be nice.

Patryn

Ironically, I felt like HR kept pushing you to go lethal.

I kept finding all these cool weapons and mods and I couldn't use any of them because they were all lethal.

That's not to mention the bosses originally...

Then I discovered that the non-lethal achievement also counted all the guys in the prologue of the game, so I was screwed regardless.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I feel like between Dishonored 2 and Mankind Divided, one of them will fix their predecessor's problems with giving players a huge lethal toolset then guilt-tripping them for killing people.

Still psyched we're getting both this fall.

I always felt like the reward for killing in those games was that the game became a lot easier as a result.

Tubobutts

I think I finally saw people playing PokemonGo. It was two people walking around at 11pm holding their phones up so I assume that's what it was.

The only punishment you got for playing violently in Dishonored was more shit to kill and a better version of the final level. I'm glad they've said they're keeping the chaos system in 2 (though apparently with more nuance/variables).

I tried replaying Dishonored about a year ago (which was on my top 10 the year it came out) and for some reason I could only make it a couple hours in. The game was just so refreshing at release that I was willing to overlook the jankiness and quality of life issues. Specifically the fact that you had to keep turning on detective vision every 30 seconds.

Dishonored 2 needs to have always-on detective vision or something, because micromanaging that aspect was terrible.

Scizzy

I had an excellent plan set up. I also didn't know that a poisoned glass is only poisoned once. Then everything fell appart

I did what Dan and Brad probably would have done if they had more time/didn't want to make a boring video - just waited for the twins to complete their full routine and sniped the correct one on his second pass.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I did what Dan and Brad probably would have done if they had more time/didn't want to make a boring video - just waited for the twins to complete their full routine and sniped the correct one on his second pass.

I was trying to be more subtle. So many people died....

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
8 minutes in, Brad is already trespassing without any reason. This is great. I don't get people who are upset that they don't play better.

popo

Thought atleast one would get into it and not be bewildered by it's popularity.

Have you tried Rooster Teeth? I bet they are falling all over it.

Srsly tho. AFAIK all of them tried it and none of them cared about it. Would it be better if they lied about it for the clicks?

Lunar FC

Have you tried Rooster Teeth? I bet they are falling all over it.

Srsly tho. AFAIK all of them tried it and none of them cared about it. Would it be better if they lied about it for the clicks?

I don't even know what rooster teeth is tbh.

I just hoped at least one would of gotten into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom