• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

That's a huge amount of work that Rockstar is already far too busy with their dev cycles to ever do.

At best, they'd farm it out to someone else.

They have a entire studio that only does QA, they've got plenty of resources. The more I think about it the more I'm shocked they don't have a remaster studio.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
If you like hacking games with not very subtly criticism of surveillance, you should play Replica. It's pretty short but also pretty cheap (3€). I thought it was pretty neat.

there's some tricky shit you can do with the wine I think but on elusives it's always better to take the sure bet if you're not some SA masochist

I think I know what you mean and I tried that but I broke the scripting and dude walked away while looking at me angrily.

The more I think about it the more I'm shocked they don't have a remaster studio.

Yet

Good replacement for the bullshit that is Clash Royale...

screen480x480.jpeg

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/lumines-puzzle-music/id1131590898?mt=8

SHININ' is back!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
has GB been kinda quiet recently? Not complaining, just wondering if it's a me paying less attention thing or a "post-Austin / E3" void.

Fantastapotamus

i was annoyed to find the first drinker 'uses up' the poison and also throwing up actually ends and doesn't go forever :(

Yeah, I also learned that the hard way. My plan was so good though....
Just bought the Season Pass Upgrade. It's on sale on GMG right now, so I don't pay more than I would when I buy all maps seperately but I get to play the bonus episodes right now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
has GB been kinda quiet recently? Not complaining, just wondering if it's a me paying less attention thing or a "post-Austin / E3" void.
Except for Dan, they've all gotten pretty quiet on social media, too. I think that adds a little bit to it.

Volotaire

The rising popularity of Pikachu-styled merchandise around 20 years ago is the reason that Mimikyu makes itself look like Pikachu. In fact, this Pokémon is dreadfully lonely, and it thought it would be able to make friends with humans if only it looked like Pikachu.

This sounds like the synopsis for a movie about a Pokemon revolution.

Volotaire

I still have not recovered from learning Cubone wears the skull of its dead mother as a helmet. This sounds tame in comparison.

There's quite a dark scene in the Pokemon Origins short anime series involving a cubone and his mother.

Also, I wasn't expecting there to be so many supporters of Mimikyu.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That guy is fucking adorable.

He's a poor little ghost who just wants to be loved so he dressed up like pikachu.

Totes.

Adorb.

Already in my top 5 best pokemon ever.

I really couldn't care less about Pokemon in general and think most of the new designs are pretty heinous and even I think Mimikyu is genius. A+ idea and execution.

justjim89

The lamest thing about Pokemon games is that still, after all these years, they don't directly attack each other in battle. How many generations on, and yet still we have Pokemon taking turns attacking the air in front of them? Fuck that.

Also, Hitman bonus episodes come out today. More HitDan!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's probably part of some style-guide. Like how the Pokemon world can't have identifiable food, only generic stuff like rice balls.

justjim89

That's probably part of some style-guide. Like how the Pokemon world can't have identifiable food, only generic stuff like rice balls.

Maybe, but it just looks shitty and lazy, like they can't be bothered to animate the models directly interacting.

Fantastapotamus

He's a poor little ghost who just wants to be loved so he dressed up like pikachu.

Totes.

Adorb.

Sorry, but this is getting stupid. The entire race dresses up like Pikachu? Every single one of them? I find that very hard to believe. The Pokemon lore is fucked.

Sorry, but this is getting stupid. The entire race dresses up like Pikachu? Every single one of them? I find that very hard to believe. The Pokemon lore is fucked.

I mean if we're going to believe that every Cubone has a dead mother whose skull it wears and nobody has ever seen underneath, and th0at every Slowbro in the world has a mutated Shellder on its tail, and every Kangaskhan is a mom with a baby in its pouch, that every Alakazam carries two spoons.

Heck Bulbasaur and Paras's Pokedex entries basically say that they're actually born without the bulb or mushrooms, and those are planted at birth every single time in the same way.

Fantastapotamus

I mean if we're going to believe that every Cubone has a dead mother whose skull it wears and nobody has ever seen underneath, and th0at every Slowbro in the world has a mutated Shellder on its tail, and every Kangaskhan is a mom with a baby in its pouch, that every Alakazam carries two spoons.

Heck Bulbasaur and Paras's Pokedex entries basically say that they're actually born without the bulb or mushrooms, and those are planted at birth every single time in the same way.

Yeah, but they look cool.
And this thing doesn't

Totes.

Adorb.

And it's not like there's an entire species of Pokemon ghosts who dress like Pikachu. Maybe it's one of a kind, like a shitty Rob Van Dam or Mewtwo.

In searching for the lumines app on the AppStore, I noticed Ingress is high up there. I await the hipster movement of getting into that to snub Pokemon.

In searching for the lumines app on the AppStore, I noticed Ingress is high up there. I await the hipster movement of getting into that to snub Pokemon.

Unless you're from New Zealand, Lumines will not be out on other App Stores for a few hours more. I am not from NZ, but made a NZ account a while back as they get a bunch of game really early (due to timezones) as many games soft launch there weeks early.

NZ is the Early Access of the App Store!

Ashby

Unless you're from New Zealand, Lumines will be out on other App Stores in a few hours. I am not from NZ, but made a NZ account a while back as they get a bunch of game really early (due to timezones) as many games soft launch there weeks early.

NZ is the Early Access of the App Store.

This Kotaku article http://kotaku.com/new-lumines-out-in-japan-australia-new-zealand-and-no-1783905852 says that it's not out in territories besides Japan, Australia and New Zealand until September.

Man I just watched that Persona 5 intro gameplay and all I could think of was how much Vinny and Jeff would be so fucking into what's happening

I'm just pumped that seems like P5MC will use his face hole to say words occasionally.

(Speaking of face holes, curious to see how much they match the lip flap for English dialogue.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom