• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Only played 20 minutes of the new Sapienza mission cause I'm having framerate problems but I like that it's a bit "smaller" in scope. I loved the suburban mission in Blood money.

So no live bombcast today? I thought they were teasing it last week.

Doesn't look that way. I'm curious what the technical hold-ups are since they do the "stream video then turn it into a podcast" thing for E3 so, to a layman, this doesn't seem much different. I'm sure there's some weird wrinkle.

Doesn't look that way. I'm curious what the technical hold-ups are since they do the "stream video then turn it into a podcast" thing for E3 so, to a layman, this doesn't seem much different. I'm sure there's some weird wrinkle.

sounded like they were trying to make the audio quality better for stream and recorded version than the E3 stuff, plus less editing after the fact for the audio

@jeffgerstmann
Getting close.
CnwupGUVUAA2QRR.jpg:large

it needs more shelves with video games on them. or monitors with fire loops. or at least a neon light.

i'm not joking about the neon

I love in this Deus Ex Unfinished the rep is trying to explain some character's backstory and motivations or whatever and clearly Jeff and Brad don't give a shit.

Fantastapotamus

I just lured a guy accross half of Sapienze using ~6 tools and 3 coins to get the SA/SO rating. This is a great game.
It's so depressing that seemingly half the internet hates the game.

tonka

I just lured a guy accross half of Sapienze using ~6 tools and 3 coins to get the SA/SO rating. This is a great game.
It's so depressing that seemingly half the internet hates the game.

is it still the opinion formed before the game came out with the episodic tomfoolery?

Or do they just have the opinion that the game's not good?

Fantastapotamus

I mean, I went on the Steam forums today to check out if the Episode is already out and the entire first page was filled with insults. I know the Steam forums are kinda like Youtube comments on steroids but even on GAF I've seen a lot of people hating this game.

is it still the opinion formed before the game came out with the episodic tomfoolery?

Or do they just have the opinion that the game's not good?

Partly because of the episodic format and partly because of some poor communication on IO's part. But it's by far my GotY so far. I haven't seen anybody complain about the game itself. That's because it's just fantastic for the most part.

Mr. F

Banned
Just catching up on Deus Ex now, looks really great. Only minor gripe is NPC performances, I think Witcher kind of spoiled me on that. Granted a lot of them were throwaway/side mission guys, maybe the main cast fares better

Hindl

I mean, I went on the Steam forums today to check out if the Episode is already out and the entire first page was filled with insults. I know the Steam forums are kinda like Youtube comments on steroids but even on GAF I've seen a lot of people hating this game.

Partly because of the episodic format and partly because of some poor communication on IO's part. But it's by far my GotY so far. I haven't seen anybody complain about the game itself. That's because it's just fantastic for the most part.

Really? I guess I haven't been looking that hard but since it's release I haven't heard a single negative thing about it. I really wanna get it but I'm gonna wait till I have more time. And yeah probably don't go to the steam forums

KingKong

People (rightfully I think) are upset that if you got the season pass you get the bonus episodes now for free, but if you were buying it episode by episode you'll only be able to buy them sometime later. And there's no discount for upgrading to the full experience based on how many episodes you bought

I only did the first one but it's really cool, Sapienza is practically unrecognizable. Seems pretty tough though, it's so densely packed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom