• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I went on the Steam forums today to check out if the Episode is already out and the entire first page was filled with insults. I know the Steam forums are kinda like Youtube comments on steroids but even on GAF I've seen a lot of people hating this game.

What do you expect when a significant portion of the audience isn't even allowed access to the new episodes right now?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, I went on the Steam forums today to check out if the Episode is already out and the entire first page was filled with insults. I know the Steam forums are kinda like Youtube comments on steroids but even on GAF I've seen a lot of people hating this game.

Your first mistake is thinking steam forums is half the internet.

KingKong

ok I need to see Brad try the new missions. They really stepped things up, its still possible to just shoot them and get away but you have to work for it

Scizzy

When Dan began this story about drinking an insane amount of espresso, I immediately started shaking my head and, without meaning to, started saying "you must be kidding me" over and over again. My wife was in the room and looked at me like I was a crazy person.

Tubobutts

250px-011Metapod.png
That's pretty meta.

Antiwhippy

When Dan began this story about drinking an insane amount of espresso, I immediately started shaking my head and, without meaning to, started saying "you must be kidding me" over and over again. My wife was in the room and looked at me like I was a crazy person.

I mean if he's new to coffee, is it that bad for him to not know what an esperesso specifically is? It's not like he's will smith.

I know people like to masturbate over "I can't believe dan did this I wouldn't do this because I'm not an idiot" but sometimes you just gotta know first?

I've always found that buying an entire game is the best way to ensure I get all the content without question.

That really hasn't been true in this industry the last 10 years with the rise of DLC. Paying full price in advance will always be sketchy when we don't even know the quality of the remaining episodes. Really it just would have been nice to have been informed about something like this a bit earlier than, you know, last week. Could have been upfront at the start about what exactly each package we were getting. They've technically just released DLC, as least as far as episodic buyers are concerned (something which they promised they wouldn't do outside of the main episodes) and the full product isn't even out yet. That's a whole new level of scummy DLC practices.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody got a good old gb vid? I got nothing to watch rn before bedsies.

I often go on qlcrew, click on the quicklook section and then literally mash my middle mouse button on the "Random" button to open like 25 tabs with random quicklooks. Then I go and close them all one by one until I find a video I want to watch.

Jintor

Forgot to ask - howd the exam go?

grammar was a bit tougher than expected, i had to best guess a bunch of answers, but i mostly narrowed it down and I'm faaaairly confident. Listening was murder, i'm just hoping to get the pass mark and let my grammar/kanji pull me up.

KingKong

I mean if he's new to coffee, is it that bad for him to not know what an esperesso specifically is? It's not like he's will smith.

I know people like to masturbate over "I can't believe dan did this I wouldn't do this because I'm not an idiot" but sometimes you just gotta know first?

If he genuinely had almost no knowledge of coffee up to that point in his life then there are bigger issues than just drinking too much espresso in the morning

Jothel

grammar was a bit tougher than expected, i had to best guess a bunch of answers, but i mostly narrowed it down and I'm faaaairly confident. Listening was murder, i'm just hoping to get the pass mark and let my grammar/kanji pull me up.

Yeah the N2 listening had some real "hang on... what?" moments in it. I have no idea how well I did really, it wasn't impossible so if I fail this time I know I will definitely be able to pass the December one.

Antiwhippy

If he genuinely had almost no knowledge of coffee up to that point in his life then there are bigger issues than just drinking too much espresso in the morning

I mean that's what he presented. Coffee and energy drinks to him was something he avoided previously because of his anxiety issues.

yami4ct

Good podcast this week. Glad to hear Dan is starting to eat healthier now. Eating like shit is really fun, but it'll catch up to you eventually. I'm gonna probably have to start shifting more of my bad habits soon.

In game news, as discord already knows, I've been playing a whole lot of Monster Hunter Generations. Holy shit that game is good. As someone who really liked 4U mechanically, but didn't love the monster selection, this pretty much erases every problem I had with that game. Hunting Styles are a really super fun change and the whole game just feels like a great refinement of 4U. Add in an amazing selection of monsters and they've finally made a game that can top 3U for me. Just amazing all around. 4U only got 100 hours out of me compared to ~200 from 3U and I expect Generations to get close or even top that 3U number. It's all gonna depend on how well the game does at the high end of content.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I wish I could listen to right wing conservative internet radio.

The most disappointing thing about ATS, and this isn't ATS's fault, is the radio stations built in. I guess they all run through the same service and whenever you switch to any of them, they play the same 3 sets of ads for that month or whatever. And they're local based so every time you change the station, you have to suffer through those repetitive ads and it ruins the immersion and makes you not want to switch. I Heart Radio really fucked up online streaming of radio and blocked off stuff like ATS from using hardly any stations.

Your best bet is to find some of the few scarce shoutcasts in rotation that I've found through the Truck Sim reddit. They're like actual station stations and they run like a regular station does instead of some weird pandora-esque thing. The best one I've found has been an Arizona based old country station. But the rest of them I've found aren't very good trucker stations. Like there's one called TruckSimRadio and it plays fucking electronica and shit.

Like I know ya'll are European and don't know better. But that's not trucking music.

Antiwhippy

Man, I wish I could listen to right wing conservative internet radio.

The most disappointing thing about ATS, and this isn't ATS's fault, is the radio stations built in. I guess they all run through the same service and whenever you switch to any of them, they play the same 3 sets of ads for that month or whatever. And they're local based so every time you change the station, you have to suffer through those repetitive ads and it ruins the immersion and makes you not want to switch. I Heart Radio really fucked up online streaming of radio and blocked off stuff like ATS from using hardly any stations.

Your best bet is to find some of the few scarce shoutcasts in rotation that I've found through the Truck Sim reddit. They're like actual station stations and they run like a regular station does instead of some weird pandora-esque thing. The best one I've found has been an Arizona based old country station. But the rest of them I've found aren't very good trucker stations. Like there's one called TruckSimRadio and it plays fucking electronica and shit.

Like I know ya'll are European and don't know better. But that's not trucking music.

Ok that does sound like some real bullshit. You can't even experience the best part about truck simulating.

I listened to the old Bombcast with JeffG and BradM people were talking about last wee. They brought up Dark Souls (at first I was confused thinking they were talking about DS3, but then I remembered it was an old episode..) so naturally I went and started rewatching Load Our Last Souls.

I also renewed my WoW subscription.

It's like I'm back in 2013.

Antiwhippy

Start doing coke instead.

I dunno, I'm actually fine drinking water because I like drinking water, but until science tells me that diet soda is 100% going to make me die by my 60s I'll have some diet soda a day.

Jintor

i was on a good one or two month run of no sodas but I slipped and now I'm back to grabbing one with lunch or whatever. the fact there are vending machines everywhere in japan really doesn't help.

Jothel

i was on a good one or two month run of no sodas but I slipped and now I'm back to grabbing one with lunch or whatever. the fact there are vending machines everywhere in japan really doesn't help.

I've been waaaaaaaaaay into Calpis recently for some reason... what's your current poison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom