• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

You know whats really something about Hitman is that only half the locations have been released so far. When this season concludes the game is going to have such a huge amount of content

Necropolis looks so bad

I'm bummed, it's a game I had my eye on for a little bit and was looking forward to playing. Hearing a lot of negative things about it.

I'm considering trading in my old 3DS XL for a 2DS, is that a good idea? I feel like the 2DS is more discrete in public, and looks like it would be more comfortable to hold. I can only use my 3DS for about 15 minutes before my thumbs start to hurt.

Portability/clamshell isn't really an issue for me since whenever i'd have my 2DS with me i'd also have my bag. Unsure on whether I really care about the 3D or not...but the 3D on the old models is bad enough that I would be fine switching to the 2DS.

So there are some pictures of the NES Classic and it looks like the cord is pretty short. Still kind of hard to tell. None of the sites that have seen it mention the cord length...

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/21/12251484/nintendo-nes-classic-mini-comic-con-2016

Why, oh why did they not turn the cartridge slot into a hidden SD card port, allowing for more games!? That cover is just there for appearance and is non-functional. As awesome as this thing is, it could've been so much more.

Megasoum

Banned
Why, oh why did they not turn the cartridge slot into a hidden SD card port, allowing for more games!? That cover is just there for appearance and is non-functional. As awesome as this thing is, it could've been so much more.

Opens the door wide open for piracy.... Also cost

New
Demo
Derby
r74AxKZ.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm always appreciative of Demo Derby but I'd like to see them mix it up rather than sticking with PS1.

Hint: Demo Derby exists in order to watch hilariously dated production videos. PS1 demo discs have an abundance of them.

That, plus it's probably way easier for them to capture them (via PS3 emulation).

Megasoum

Banned
tis pretty short
qGrHQ0X.gif

would pay extra for a wireless option.

Jeez that's pretty much useless for any North American/European living room...

I guess it make sens to not make it 6 feet long if you're using it too plugged into a Wiimote but the main use is still directly in the console.

This is stupid.

alr1ght

It is pre-production model, but hopefully they change it. I can make my own emulation box with wireless for way cheaper (minus controller) than this thing. I mean, they sell that cheapo family Wii with wireless controller for $100 and that has to be more expensive to manufacture.

I guess it make sens to not make it 6 feet long if you're using it too plugged into a Wiimote but the main use is still directly in the console.
You can't use the controller+wiimote option with this. That only works on Wii and Wii U.

Hint: Demo Derby exists in order to watch hilariously dated production videos. PS1 demo discs have an abundance of them.

That, plus it's probably way easier for them to capture them (via PS3 emulation).

PS2 and Xbox DVDs were rife with videos, too. Past those three consoles it starts to run dry, but we're talking hundreds of demo discs between them.

Megasoum

Banned
It is pre-production model, but hopefully they change it. I can make my own emulation box with wireless for way cheaper (minus controller) than this thing. I mean, they sell that cheapo family Wii with wireless controller for $100 and that has to be more expensive to manufacture.

You can't use the controller+wiimote option with this. That only works on Wii and Wii U.

Maybe they'll do like the original console where it had a short cable in Japan and a longer one in the west.

Also I know you can only do it on the Wii and WiiU to use it as a nunchuk but that's what I was talking about. Like if you use it like that (no matter on what console) and it has a 6 feet long cable it will be super annoying.

alr1ght

I think that is the western version. Japan never got the NES, so I'm assuming they're not getting this.

Alex is right, D.Va 2.0 is an absolute K-goddess now if you had been playing her well before the buff. She's so good and fits pretty much every strategic situation.

What model did you get?

I got this one, which is the one I'm currently working on and the picture I posted earlier is from.

This one...

And also this one...

Which series are you watching?
I watched the original Mobile Suit Gundam about a decade ago, so I rewatched the trilogy movies as a refresher for that and I'm currently going through Mobile Suit Zeta. It's got gorgeous animation and is much darker, so I'm really enjoying it in the early episodes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's so many 20-30 dollar games out and coming out now that I want to play like Inside, Quadrliateral Cowboy, and Abzu. But I just keep playing Overwatch instead

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm watching my third MLB The Show quicklook tonight...

Man these games haven't changed since 2013... Same animations, same thing happening all the time it's crazy how identical those games are except for the graphics obviously getting better every year.

Also Jeff does the same jokes every year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom